Survivor

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Cierra is 100% correct that it's dumb for everyone in an 8 person alliance to think that they're in a good position.
They're in awayfucking better position on the bottom of a "solid" alliance of 8 that has already shown their voting lines, rather than being on the bottom of a fucking batshit alliance of what would then be 4.

Ciera's ploy was completely fucking retarded and I was jumping up and down for Savage or somebody to call her out on it. "Guys! Don't be on the bottom of a solid alliance of 8! Instead, be on the bottom of an alliance which has batshit crazy Abi on it and 2 others!!"

"Uhh..I think I'm going to stick with the numbers for now, thanks".

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If you're on the bottom of your alliance you have to work with the other people while they're still there. Wait until they're all gone and then the top of your alliance just votes you out and you can't do anything about it. This is basic survivor.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
I wonder if there's ever been an idol played that negated 9 votes before. It's hard to imagine that there has.
Probably not. When they merged they formed the biggest tribe ever, and now we're just a couple of votes into it so there haven't been many opportunities with this many people to blow up a vote. I'm not trying to take anything away from this huge play, just saying.

The only possible idol plays that come close to this number have to be Russell's (or Parvati's) plays in s19/s20.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
"You're at the bottom of your alliance. Come join us and be at the bottom of ours!"

Is the rallying cry of the desparate side

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
What season was it where two survivors gave eachother their idols? Was that a thing? Did I image it?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wonder if there's ever been an idol played that negated 9 votes before. It's hard to imagine that there has.
I thought I read somewhere just after this week's show that this is the new record and the old one was 7.

Edit: here:NeoGAF - View Single Post - Survivor 31: Cambodia - Second Chance |OT| Starring Phoebe. And also a fish.

rrr_img_115763.jpg

?@Kirblar024 55m55 minutes ago

@stephenfishbach We're assuming votes weren't split due to risk of Savage/Joe just taking you out anyway?
0 retweets 0 likes
Stephen Fishbach ?@stephenfishbach 1m1 minute ago

@Kirblar024 correct.
Pulled them from the neogaf thread:Survivor 31: Cambodia - Second Chance |OT| Starring Phoebe. And also a fish. - Page 25 - NeoGAF

Apparently the exit interview with Savage on RHAP answers some of these questions too. I haven't listened to it.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Worthless Kimmi wanting to get rid of the "three witches" aka the useful women(Abi is more useful than her by far) in the tribe is laughable. If she was smart she would be working with them instead of the guys.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The most boring player got kicked, bleh

oh look she has a boring day after

holy shit, her Ponderosa is even more boring-er

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I think the lesson here is, don't be friends with Joe. Everyone is scared of Joe but they can't beat him in immunity so they just take out whoever looks like his closest ally 2 weeks in a row now. That balance challenge is tailor made to be won by a small woman and he still won.

Will be interesting to see if Jeremy uses his two idols effectively. It seems like anyone with decent physical and social game (which he has) should be able to make it to the finale if they have two idols and use them effectively.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Joe is dead the second he loses immunity. I hope Jeremy doesn't pull a James and go home with 2 idols in his pocket!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Actually with these numbers, imo, Joe isn't dead when he looses immunity, rather that would be the setup for your basic blindside. All Joe would have to do is rally the 3 witches and his vote plus them would be 4. And since the others would now always split the vote, it'd end up a tie. And Jeremy would never NOT say don't split the vote, cuz then they'd be like "why? you got an idol or 2 we don't know about yet?", hopefully in this way they end up blindsiding Jeremy w/ 2 idols, would be glorious.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
When it comes to challenges, Joe is the Bo Jackson of Tecmo Super Bowl. It'd be hilariously awesome for him to just win out.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Stephen has actually produced a 9 hour audio book about survivor strategy. His social awkwardness is probably what killed him in his first season though. He went to the end with JT and did a lousy job in front of the jury. He was the brains in the duo but he made the mistake of not backstabbing JT before the end. I thought JT was one of the best players ever but after watching his second season where he did some really dumb shit I realized that Fishbach probably deserved a lot of credit for JT's win.

The Know-It-Alls 49 Laws of Survivor Audiobook

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This has a chance to be my favorite season ever. How it plays out to the end has a big impact on that, but to this point I am loving it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
rrr_img_117100.jpg

hand looks too "young" to be keith, either joe or spencer.

ciera

savage and kelly are deplorable humans, kelly for being a boring bitch, savage for being a bitch. Who knew Cierra is the better adult in this situation.

day after

fishback

he's a boring bitch too.

day after

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like it's kind of bullshit that an idol can be played for someone else who is completely oblivious to it. That makes it way too powerful. Hand if off beforehand, sure. But the way that went down was garbage.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Well they showed Joe at the bottom end of the challenge area but not the color of his area, Keith and Kelly are below him as you can see their statues.
Spencer is on the top side in a purple box.
You can see all the statues but Tasha's which is the orange one with the orange handle.
Probably didn't get a shot of whichever other one fell so they used Tasha's, but yeah probably Joe or Keith get bonked.

In any case that's a pretty dangerous challenge to have close to each other when people are concentrating on their own statue, or not even looking up in some cases(kimmi abi).

rrr_img_117190.jpg

rrr_img_117192.jpg