Survivor

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watching Jason and Scott act like clever funny guys is pretty much worth the price of admission. Funny in a cringe worthy kind of way. They really cannot hide their petty contempt at having been thwarted at the previous TC and it makes for good TV that will turn into great TV if they end up with Tai's dick in their poo-shafts.

Like Araxen is saying, the fear is that Tai is strangely loyal to the point of never pulling the trigger. He has a certain tenacity that he proved against cydney in that endurance challenge though, so I think he might find his teeth when the time comes.

Brutal, In retrospect I guess it wasn't such a monumental fuckup in that they probably didn't know anything about super idols that could be played after votes were cast. They probably assumed they could get rid of Crazy-Debbie and still flush out the idols the other team may have had, so yeah, I rescind that. It was a huge fuckup in that they wound up screwing themselves as hard as they possibly could have, but they didn't have the infoz to make a better choice I suppose.

That episode made the season much more defined and interesting. We have 2 Brawn Villains running amok around camp being as childish and petty as possible, while holding a Tibetan monk with Stockholm syndrome psychologically captive. We get to watch Tai wrestle with his cognitive dissonance and Intelligent-yet-clumsy-and-inept Aubrey helplessly watch her chances vanish, and Joe just being confused and out of the loop.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Wait, people think giving the idol to Tai wasn't just showmanship (and a reserve in case they needed to "Wonder Twins Power" activate it) and that he won't be giving it back? Seriously?

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I assume Tai handed them their idol back. I'm speaking more to the idea that Tai has a crisis of conscience and is turned to the other team.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
No, I think both idol's have to be with the same person to work as a Super Idol. I don't think you can just combine them after the vote. Although, if I was Jason I'd be asking for it back after Tribal, but maybe there's a rule that once you combine them, you can't do that? I don't know.

What I do know is that I'm falling in love with Julia and her and Tai are the only two people left I like.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That tribal was fucking bizarre. And the girls are retarded. There's no rationalizing it. They literally gained nothing voting for one of their own. For once Joe was the smart one.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He confirmed with Jeff he was giving that idol to Tai. The deal is done. Fuck that idiot. lol

That tribal was fucking bizarre. And the girls are retarded. There's no rationalizing it. They literally gained nothing voting for one of their own. For once Joe was the smart one.
This is why women's alliances don't work. They just can't let shit go like guys can. This tribal was further proof. Julia though did throw them off though with just reason.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
If the rumored 3rd medevac is true I kinda hope it's Tai and he takes both idols home with him. Super idol is just too powerful imo especially when there were three idols in play originally. Just the threat of it is enough to cause alliances to turn on themselves as they all go into individual survival mode. Unless Tai flips there are zero surprises for the next 4 weeks. I can't see the remaining girls (+Joe) being committed enough to willingly sacrifice one of their own to flush the idol when they can turn on each other and get themselves one more week.

For the future if they want to keep the super idol I think they have to have only one reasonably acquirable idol with the 2nd idol requiring some herculean effort and/or screwing over everyone else to earn. You can get the super idol but you may poison yourself with the jury to do so.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Disagree that Joe was the smart one. He was just clueless to what was happening as the girls imploded to the trio's balk with the idols.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Joe is really a lousy contestant. He doesn't play the game or say anything interesting in confessionals and then when somebody does come to him with a plan he refuses to cooperate even though he has no plan of his own.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Is Joe the ex FBI guy that talked big shit at the start but is basically catatonic now? Forgot he was even still there.

Girls are just bizarre crazy but Debbie seemed unwilling to budge at all, so can kind of almost see where they were coming from. It was more interesting for the position it put Julia in, but was no win for her still. Side with the guys and a female goes home and she's still bottom of the hierarchy in the guys alliance; or side with the girls and send a girl home and that alliance is weakened.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Girls are just bizarre crazy but Debbie seemed unwilling to budge at all, so can kind of almost see where they were coming from.
It still makes no sense. Yeah, Debbie may have been blasting their plans, but she's still a vote. Get rid of one of the guys and then Debbie, but don't even up the numbers for no reason.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Like I said before, there was no way to get one of the guys out. The only way to make it work with the super idol is to force a 3/3/3 tie and they couldn't do that without Julia who was pretty obviously not going to cooperate. Aubrey decided that she can't work with Debbie and the alternative was Cydney going home so she chose Debbie. You could argue that it would have been worth losing Cydney to flush the super idol but voting one of the guys out wasn't going to be an option unless you are just counting on them to screw each other over.

I think if I played I would be a lot like Aubrey, rational and strategic but lacking the charisma to take things over so she just has to watch people reject her plans for stupid reasons. I think her best chance now is to put the guilt trip on Tai and try to get him to swap with a combination of "the brawn guys are bad people" and "they won't take you to the end but I will".

Djay

Trakanon Raider
It didn't make sense before they knew about the super idol, though...you're giving them too much credit, because they didn't know about any of the super idol crap when they decided on voting out Debbie. (When they were planning, they were just planning on a regular idol, I thought. Not going to go back and watch, but I don't remember any conversations about the Super Idol during those talks.) If they had audibled to that at Tribal Council, I'd agree that it was an option. Even then, you should still vote for the guys and make them flush out the idol(s), taking your chances on which girl gets voted out, because otherwise they're going to ride that one super idol to Final 3 or 4 or whenever it expires. You need to get it out of the game while you still have numbers, which is now, then continue to pick them off starting next week. That's the only move in this situation.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
What is up with this island and the infections? Debbie had a huge lump on her shoulder to start the episode, and by halfway there was a puss soaked bandage covering it. I don't recall infections being thus much of an issue before.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
What is up with this island and the infections? Debbie had a huge lump on her shoulder to start the episode, and by halfway there was a puss soaked bandage covering it. I don't recall infections being thus much of an issue before.
Global Warming.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whatever you do, avoid the Ponderosa video for Debbie. Unless you like gratuitous crotch shots in a bikini from an emaciated old bag doing "yoga".

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Whatever you do, avoid the Ponderosa video for Debbie. Unless you like gratuitous crotch shots in a bikini from an emaciated old bag doing "yoga".
vqMOTbo.jpg

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
It didn't make sense before they knew about the super idol, though...you're giving them too much credit, because they didn't know about any of the super idol crap when they decided on voting out Debbie. (When they were planning, they were just planning on a regular idol, I thought. Not going to go back and watch, but I don't remember any conversations about the Super Idol during those talks.) If they had audibled to that at Tribal Council, I'd agree that it was an option. Even then, you should still vote for the guys and make them flush out the idol(s), taking your chances on which girl gets voted out, because otherwise they're going to ride that one super idol to Final 3 or 4 or whenever it expires. You need to get it out of the game while you still have numbers, which is now, then continue to pick them off starting next week. That's the only move in this situation.
I could be wrong but I think they knew about the super idol. Tai blurted it out in the previous tribal and no one looked surprised except for Julia. I do think that if they can't pull over Tai then they have no choice but to flush the idol next tribal but that will take a lot of balls when it will most likely mean Aubrey or Cydney going home and if that happens then it was a mistake to not do it this week.