Survivor

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I keep forgetting about Cydney. Which is strange, because she's the best black female Survivor since Ciree. And by best since, I mean the only one who hasn't been voted out in the first 2 weeks.

She's probably got a really good shot at the finals at this point.

With 7 remaining people, Tai can play his immunity to get to 6, andmaybeget lucky (he'd have to know how everyone else is voting, have the difference be one, and choose to actually use his advantage) with the advantage to get to 5. From there on, he's got to win back to back immunity to get to the finals. Without the advantage play, he needs 3 of the remaining 4 immunity challenges, otherwise he's gone.

An immunity win in either of the coming two weeks is okay, but it's meaningless unless he sweeps the final two. Aubry overnight became really scary. She seemed like a pretty shit player there for a while, but it seems like after Neil left she started playing the game. The fact that she got 2nd place in the last two challenges was kind of shocking. I kind of feel like it's a professional sports team that just barely gets into the playoffs, but gets hot at the right time.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
To go from Aubrey having a mental breakdown the first couple days to practically running the game is an incredible turn around.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really liked that set of reward challenges, too.

Hard to say whether Tai timed his betrayal right or not, but it was enjoyable either way. He's going to really have to go into 'slippery eel mode' now though, such a big target with his likability and having an immunity idol and a mystery-advantage. They'd be fools not to gun for him.

It's going to be interesting to see if Julia can find a rock to hide under now that Scot and Jason's umbrella of protection has been obliterated by Tai.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Apparently Scot came into the game at 312 lbs and lost 45 during survivor.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Great episode, hopefully works out for Tai.

Did Scot give Jason the idol as they shook hands, or did that go home with him?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Great episode, hopefully works out for Tai.

Did Scot give Jason the idol as they shook hands, or did that go home with him?
He held it up during his post-vote confessional, so the idol is definitely gone.

Speaking of weight loss, Jason lost a ton too. I've always thought if I was going to be on Survivor, I'd bulk up as much as possible. Going in like Debbie seems short sighted.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think Julia is in more trouble than Tai at least for this next tribal. It was pretty dumb on her part to tell Tai to use his idol at tribal. She drew her line in the sand publicly to where she can't float back and forth now(not that there is much to float around too anymore). It's just her and Jason now with zero idols on their side. She should have kept her mouth shut.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I think trying to tell Jason and Julia that everyone is voting for Tai and flush the idol and for everyone else to vote one of them off would be a pretty solid plan for next week.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
He held it up during his post-vote confessional, so the idol is definitely gone.

Speaking of weight loss, Jason lost a ton too. I've always thought if I was going to be on Survivor, I'd bulk up as much as possible. Going in like Debbie seems short sighted.
Thanks, I'm super anti spoilers, and turn off that part of the show. Keeps everything fresh for the next show. I do the same with movies too. I was seriously pissed when people spoiled Solo's death from the last SW movie. Was watching poker on twitch the night it came out and people made it a mission to go into channels and spoil it after the midnight and first day showings. Inet is full of assholes...

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Survivor is one of the only shows I watch the 'next week ooonnnnn Survivor!' Mostly just to hear Probst say the line but I also want some immediate reaction to tribal. By next week I've mostly forgotten everything anyway. We don't do it for any other show I can think of though.

Kleenex_sl

shitlord
I don't understand why the plan wasn't for Tai and Scot to just individually use the two idols before the votes were read. They knew they were going to have to use the super idol, in which case both idols are gone, so they haven't lost any more idols but they protect two people instead of one.

And I know you're all thinking...who is this person posting in our thread?!?!? I'm a lurker...thanks for always giving me a place to run for other thoughts after I see an especially juicy blindside.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can't believe he didn't give that idol back to Jason. Is there a rule against that or something? Douchebag move if not.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't understand why the plan wasn't for Tai and Scot to just individually use the two idols before the votes were read. They knew they were going to have to use the super idol, in which case both idols are gone, so they haven't lost any more idols but they protect two people instead of one.

And I know you're all thinking...who is this person posting in our thread?!?!? I'm a lurker...thanks for always giving me a place to run for other thoughts after I see an especially juicy blindside.
From their (naive) perspective, they would've wasted both idols if the majority votes went to someone else. They obviously didn't seriously take into account that Tai might flip on them which was their downfall.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Scot said that they discussed just playing the idols individually but Tai said he didn't want to play them if they didn't have to. Since the girls voted out Debbie at the previous tribal it wasn't a sure thing that they would have to use the super idol.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Yeah, pretty sure they thought they'd be on the winning side of the numbers again, just like the Debbie vote. In essence, overconfidence in the numbers was their downfall. The same reason you see so many idol holders get voted out with it sitting in their pocket.

Honestly, with how easy (usually) it has become to find idols and the fact that they fuckingrehidethem once they are played, I've never understood the reasoning behind being conservative with idols once you make the merge. At that point in the game, one vote going wrong/person going home is usually enough to completely fuck an alliance or send it into disarray.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Idol is considered dead as soon as that person is voted out unless it's used to form a super idol.

reddit.com: /r/survivor

Dalton Ross tweeted a six-part string of tweets quoting Jeff Probst, who clarified the rules of the idols and Super Idol. I think this answers a lot of questions I've seen floating around about how the Super Idol works.
In our interview, @ScotPollard31 said different #Survivor producers told him different things on if he could give idol back to Jason. Got confirmation from @JeffProbst that Scot could NOT have returned idol to Jason. "Once the votes are read, an idol is dead. The exception this season is if you can find someone to pair their idol with yours then both idols are reactivated to form a super idol and you can use that idol to save yourself. Otherwise, your individual idol is still dead. So once Tai denied Scot his idol, it was over. Scot could not give his idol to Jason." Original @ScotPollard31 interview is here:Survivor: Scot Pollard weighs in on Tais very selfish move at Tribal Council | EW.com
This confirms that in order to use the super idol to save yourself, you have to have 1/2 of it in your possession before the vote is read. So Jason also could not have given Scot the idol after the vote was read. This also makes Scot and Jason's big show of giving Jason's idol to Tai last week completely pointless since Tai could have played the Super Idol with only half in his possession.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
To bad Tai didn't flip last week and keep both idols - would have for sure gotten him to the end game and probably a lot of Jury votes for the big move. He's still in a really good position after this week, but could have been in a better position. Woulda shoulda coulda.