Survivor

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
No thread movement at all since last week's episode. Guess there wasn't really much to say, Ben was going home if he didn't find and play an idol, or win immunity at the challenge.

Looking forward to tonight. Definitely pulling for Doctor Dik, but also wouldn't be unhappy to see Ben win. I don't like the whole "you know, when you've been to war...." stuff, but I do like to see someone succeed in this game when everyone has it out for you. Eg: Didn't like Joe when he was on the healer tribe, or after the mix up. Once they got to the merge and everyone was gunning for the healers, I started to pull for Joe and Dr. Mike. They were entertaining and it's fun to root for the underdog when you don't have a vested interest in the game.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
God damn. Ben blowing that final immunity not once, but TWICE was painful to watch. After that 3rd straight hidden immunity idol I was really pulling for him.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Probably the best final 3 there's ever been. Even the goat in Ryan had a decently convincing argument. Normally it's someone who was just completely shit at the game, but he made decent efforts outside of being terrible at challenges.

I really disliked Chrissy (she seemed like an ass, and her teeth annoyed me...she did look hot for a 47 year old at the reunion though), but I was convinced she had won after the tribal. She honestly played a damn good game.

Was really a tossup between her and Ben.

• 1Solidarity

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I really thought she'd won it after the final tribal as well. She called out to woman solidarity and also tied in the fact that moms are all heroes, hustlers, and healers. Everyone one the jury has a mom, so I expected some love there. Ben finding idols and playing with his back against the wall for the last 5 votes made me want him to win. Without the "secret advantage" for Chrissy, Chrissy definitely wins. No way Devon or Ryan gets more votes than her.

Everyone knew Ben would win if he got to final three though, and that's why they spent the last few episodes trying to vote him out.

• 1Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah agree that was probably the best final 3 ever. I had no issue with either Ben or Chrissy winning really.

Ben had his back against the wall for weeks straight, and still managed to get to the final 3. He crushed it in the last few days, especially in the fire challenge to get him there. He played those 3 hidden immunity idols absolutely perfectly each time.

Overall good season.

• 1Solidarity

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What a great season. If there was ever a season where 2 people deserved to win, it was this season with Ben & Crissy. I was so impressed by both of them. I even have to give props to Ryan for really laying down some compelling arguments (as best he could) in the Final Tribal.

Survivor has changed and evolved so much over the years. The players come into the game so much more prepared than the ones 15-20 seasons ago. A lot of the women this season were really good players. Crissy, Desi, Ali, Roark, and Lauren (till she went full retard) all had very impressive performances. Ben's most impressive move to me was sniffing out that his own alliance was going to backstab him and turning on them before they had a chance to turn on him. That week where he declared war on Lauren, Ashley, and Devon was pinnacle bad-assery.

Probst and the show really are still on top of their game after all these years. The only thing they can't seem to get right is the damn reunion shows. They bring the entire cast back and never let anyone speak. This is the last time we will ever see 95% of them and the whole point is to hear what they have to say. Yeah, maybe there are some exceptions like Devon last night, "Ahh, gee, shucks, I am now a role model, golly gee sure was fun, just wanted to win one for the Gipper."

They could coach these people up a bit before hand. Fly them in a day early and give them each 15 minutes of prep time in a room with their writing/editing team, "Hey, this is the question that Jeff is going to ask you. What are your thoughts with the last 6 months to reflect? Have you thought about it from this angle?" They spend so much time on crowd interaction and previewing next season. Nobody gives a shit because it doesn't start for 3-4 months anyways.

The show is still amazing TV.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Good season and a good winner, even if it did take a twist to keep him in the game.

I can't really agree that Chrissy and Ryan played that good a game aside from Chrissy's immunity wins. Both of them did a better job selling themselves than Ben did at FTC and I think that's where their 3 votes came from, but they were very often completely out of the loop during the game and worse yet, smugly thought they were in control of things when they were not on multiple occasions which is supposed to get you voted out. Both of them also made big social mistakes that totally alienated close allies as well. I feel like both of them were brought along as goats for a while. Maybe not Chrissy so much at the end, and those immunity wins saved her, but Ryan was never in contention, at least after the merge. I think Devon would have beat both of them as well. Failing to get Ben out when everyone on the tribe was united in doing it is pretty much unforgivable, particularly when he never won a single immunity challenge. They could have kept him from finding those idols or at least known that he had them easily but Ben just wanted it more.

I kind of laughed when Mike said he would have won if he had voted for Devon. He was a likable guy but he had no fucking clue what was going on for 90% of the game. Hopefully this means he won't retire and can finally have time to fix Soygen Soygen 's dick.

The finale was great. Both the final immunity challenge and the fire challenge were edge of the seat moments. I kind of agree that they should let the contestants talk a bit more at the reunion, but they have gone too far with that in the past, we don't need to hear from the first 3 people that went home whose names we don't even remember about the 6 days they spent on Survivor.

I do agree that Survivor is still great and it's the only reality show that I am not embarrassed to admit that I watch.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That reminds me that Chrissy annoyed me for the last month because she was so focused on Ben. Her entire game at the end revolved around some kind of spite she had for Ben, which I can't figure out why (I swear she's the one who turned on him, was she not?).

I almost think had they ignored Ben and not made him out to be this idol finding mastermind, he wouldn't have won if brought to the end. He wasn't especially popular with very many people on the tribe. It's only because the others were so spiteful of him that he had to fight his way to the final. Remove the target on his back and that loses some of its allure.

And yeah, this season also needs to be closed out with a reminder that Soygen has a broken dick. Luckily Dr. Dick won't have a million dollars to cushion his retirement, so maybe Soy's dick can be fixed one day.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
courtney.jpg

Skinny bitch knows it

gak

<Gold Donor>
I still think that Rob season where people were actively encouraging him to take the million over them was the worst fix.

I remember late in the game they allowed him to keep a shirt delivered from his family with their photos on it, so of course they cut to the photos during a challenge and Probst screams into the camera, "Rob's literally carrying his whole fucking family on his fucking back !!!"

I'd rather have Ben win than the other two. After the "Vote for me or my mom dies of cancer" season, I wasn't looking forward to "A vote for me is a vote for Supermoms and Feminism."

Ben's 50th PTSD tribute was barely more tolerable than the constant, "She's won more immunities in a row than any(woman) !!!"

s.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Barf

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I loved this season. Was really pulling for my dick...doctor, but I'm cool with Ben winning. Tons of salt is being cried over the final tribal twist, but I like that challenge. I hope they put it in from now on.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I wasn't looking forward to "A vote for me is a vote for Supermoms and Feminism."

This is what I was thinking about when she was saying that.

Tons of salt is being cried over the final tribal twist, but I like that challenge. I hope they put it in from now on.

I think that's mostly people who are butthurt that their favorite didn't win. Twists in Survivor have never been fair. Maybe if it comes out that they put that in at the last minute strictly to give Ben a chance then they have a reason to complain, but frankly if you go on Survivor without the ability to start a fire with a magnesium fire starter using perfect dry kindling in under 5 minutes you don't deserve to win. It always blows my mind when people are out there for a month and haven't figured out how to start a fire. If I was going on survivor you better believe I would be great at using that thing before I ever got to the island.

• 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I want to say I read that they have to stick with a certain plan prior to shooting, based on the money they pay. So, for example, they can't just go switching up competitions because of who is still in the game. I'd imagine the twist was already laid out prior to the season starting.

• 2Solidarity

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, legally they would be in some pretty deep shit if it wasn't all mapped out before the game started. People could sue that the game was not fair on the basis of prejudice, racism, gender, etc.

Junky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Damn they wanted that dude to win hard...whatever how in the fuck is it even taken seriously now? Fire challenge gimme a fuckin break...post war syndrome? Stfu cry another way

Oldbased

> Than U
I still think that Rob season where people were actively encouraging him to take the million over them was the worst fix.

I remember late in the game they allowed him to keep a shirt delivered from his family with their photos on it, so of course they cut to the photos during a challenge and Probst screams into the camera, "Rob's literally carrying his whole fucking family on his fucking back !!!"

I'd rather have Ben win than the other two. After the "Vote for me or my mom dies of cancer" season, I wasn't looking forward to "A vote for me is a vote for Supermoms and Feminism."

Ben's 50th PTSD tribute was barely more tolerable than the constant, "She's won more immunities in a row than any(woman) !!!"

View attachment 158283
Goddamn. I haven't watched Survivor since like Season 17? years ago. But holy shit what genes are they feeding those contestants now? I'd lick every inch of her unwashed body after 30 days.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
That's Amanda Kimmel. She was on Seasons 15, 16, and 20 so you probably saw her. The seasons with her and Parvati were high points on Survivor though.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Putting devine production intervention aside, as far as actual game play goes this was probably the best season of survivor in the last 3-5 years. First half was amusing but once devon organized the break off of the four from the super alliance and they had ben be a turncoat shit just went off the rails every fucking episode after that event. I was annoyed by ben's constant "when I was a marine" gimmick but I give him some major props for his bullshitting people throughout the season. I was laughing so hard when they tried to pull the fake idol move on him (when he had a confirmed real one in his pocket) and was amazed he didn't start laughing in their faces right then and there.