Survivor

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
New cast seems good so far. The Mexican chick was very pretty but she made the classic mistake of playing too hard too early, especially as a woman. Jew Fro guy sort of did the same as well as lying poorly with that weak ass fake idol. If life was fair, that Korean dude would have gone home though, that was the most pathetic attempt at swimming I have ever seen.

I'm glad Donathan made it through the first episode at least, because how often do you get to watch a gay redneck from Kentucky named fucking Donathan? Never, that's how much.

Seems like most of the dudes made another classic mistake of showing up at 2% body fat so you can see their abs on TV instead of actually trying to win the game. Probably all the guys identify as "challenge threats" are going to be passing out from malnutrition a week in.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
That last challenge was sad. Survivor is basically more than 50% water challenges, James was pathetic, like take some swim lessons before signing up lol everyone just wants to show off the abs. Another dummy falls for the boobs and spills his guts, on the season about past mistakes... But would have rather him stick around than useless swimmer, hope the next two challenges are swimming.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Both of you covered it already, but damn...

Gonzales was fucking idiotic. She probably wasn't going home, but whispering to everyone at the first fucking tribal? If I went in and wasn't voting her before that, I would be after.

And Jacob with his whole searching for the idol for hours in the first 3 days? You're already a target dude, don't make it worse.

That said, I kind of like that they're using the old props from previous shows. Pretty cool idea that they'll likely only do once.

Oh, and another year of people not bothering to learn the skills that you'll need for the show. Has there been a season in the last decade where you didn't have to dive underwater? Or swim? Or build a fire? Fucking hell people.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
these guys are hella dumb

did they just come off the beach? fuck, every survivor vet comes in 30lbs overweight, they sit around eating hohos for a reason b4 they travel.

Junky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Booting the Seth Rogan look a like....and the hot Mexican who probably could suck a golf ball thru a water hose in the first episode does not make good Survivor TV

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I don't know about the past several years but they used to do most of their casting from the aspiring actor ranks so even if they know anything about survivor it's doubtful they'd be willing to come in a bit flabby to make life easier. There's a reason the fatties/uglies are the ones tagged as super fans and not the beauty/brawn ones.

While Jacob literally did everything wrong I was sad to see him go because talkative guys like him tend to give better interviews and make some of the otherwise boring camp scenes more entertaining. Does anyone seriously want to watch a James conversation?

I think Donathan is in a bind not even considering his already weak position on his tribe. How does he come back and say he got fucked by the empty urn giving him nothing and make it believable.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You keep the little piece of paper that says, "Sorry, you don't get to play today."

That really screwed Jacob too. Had he come up with a better lie than I forgot it, like "I had to use it to start a fire, it was rough shit out there man!" it would've been more believable.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I listened to exit interviews with Gonzalez and Jacob and Gonzalez came across as very smart and personable. It's really a shame we lost her so early. She said she knew going to tribal that she was getting voted out and that the whispering was basically a desperation move because she was almost sure she was done. She really got screwed as much as anyone by Jacob getting sent to ghost island because it probably would have been him going home if he wasn't and with another 3 days she might have been able to establish herself a bit more.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Booting the Seth Rogan look a like....and the hot Mexican who probably could suck a golf ball thru a water hose in the first episode does not make good Survivor TV
bitch stood up during tribal and said "YEA WHUT!!!"

This is survivor, not fake news? they get rid of fatties and minorities on survivor, DACA wasn't gonna save her ass

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
That was way too complicated for week 2 when I haven't learned everyone's name yet. I'm not exactly sure who Morgan is or why she got voted off but goodbye I guess. I'm glad it wasn't Libby because although I was also unaware of her until tribal tonight, they weren't lying when they said she was adorable. Talk about a million dollar smile.

Chris is nuts and I hope he gets voted out soon.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Damn that was one hell of a tribal, not in the bombastic or shocking blindside way, but surprising they didn't crack and turn on each other on that lying threat of an idol covering two of four people. That was a ballsy move to just vote for Brendan, they didn't even need to scramble.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I think he screwed up saying “I’m not going to bother reading the note that came with the idol, but it covers two of us.” The note was right there, if that were actually true I think he’d have been willing to pass it around or read aloud. No idol, that I can recall, has ever covered two people.

I was just getting back to my hospital room as the immunity challenge ended (got appendix removed). Looked like one of those physical challenges that I always like so much. Nurses were talking a lot so I really missed about half the episode. Will have to watch when I get home tonight.

Pretty surprising that weird chick didn’t play the game on ghost island. A fifty-fifty chance at a game-changing idol/advantage has got to be hard to pass up, but I suppose things could have gone sideways at tribal had she lost her vote.

I wonder how that will play out when/if someone loses their vote at the next tribal. Will they tell their alliance so that they know, will everyone know? Maybe producers keep it a secrect and she can’t tell anyone, still walks up and pretends to vote? Who knows. I guess I really just wanted to see her go for it and get another advantage into play.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think he screwed up saying “I’m not going to bother reading the note that came with the idol, but it covers two of us.” The note was right there, if that were actually true I think he’d have been willing to pass it around or read aloud. No idol, that I can recall, has ever covered two people.

He was overthinking it, and historically, "forcing" someone to vote your way by idol threat has only ever worked on Penner v. Yul, i think??? and that was only cuz Yul could play the idol AFTER votes were cast.

i think when they show the idol at tribal, doesn't ever work out the way they plan, b/c the ppl on the other side know thats your last ultimate hail mary, just "stick to the plan"

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was a pretty ballsy play, and I think the "it covers two people because James went home with two idols" was pretty ingenious.

I'm pretty shocked no one cracked, especially since this early the alliances are way less meaningful.

This is one of the best early seasons I can remember. I actually remember most of the contestants and the gameplay isn't completely shit.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, the only reason to reveal the idol before the vote is if you're not going to play it or you don't know what's going on. If you know what's going on, you keep your mouth shut and play it afterward. The double idol was a plausible twist so it was worth a shot, but if it was real they definitely would have read the note for everyone and I don't think anybody bought it.

With regard to ghost island, I bet everybody knows how everything works there. Obviously when you come back everyone will want to know what's there and you can't really lie about it because somebody else will go in a couple days and call you on your bullshit. If I went I would just tell everybody what was there unless I was on the chopping block for the next tribal in which case I might try to lie like what's-his-name did in the first episode. By now though, I would guess everybody knows exactly what the deal is over there.

gak

<Gold Donor>
I don't even know anybody's name yet, it's like they're trying to distract me or something...

4s.jpg

3s.jpg

1s.jpg

2s.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Damn that was one hell of a tribal, not in the bombastic or shocking blindside way, but surprising they didn't crack and turn on each other on that lying threat of an idol covering two of four people. That was a ballsy move to just vote for Brendan, they didn't even need to scramble.

I thought that autistic long haired dread kid was gonna fall for the gambit for a second, he's dumb enough too. Was a good try.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
There goes the boobs, well one of them anyways.
I'm really not liking all the tribe swapping before the actual merge, puts people at a disadvantage too early in the game.