Survivor

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It cuts both ways. All the chaos can put some good players in a bad situation, but on the other hand, it makes the pre-merge game less boring, which it definitely used to be.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My first reaction to Michael's vote was "wow, what a shitheel!" But thinking about it more, it was probably one of the best "losing" plays I've ever seen. Instead of throwing away a vote and having someone mad at you, he can basically walk it off.

It may not save him still, but it was probably the best vote he could've made.

I've gotta say, he's kind of one hell of a player. If he lasts to the merge he may make it far.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
All the tribe swaps have done nothing to change this boring Pagonging. On this week's RHaP episode they mentioned that being split up early might actually make them more loyal to each other than if they were in one tribe the whole time screwing each other over and annoying each other around camp. I think they might be on to something.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
My first reaction to Michael's vote was "wow, what a shitheel!" But thinking about it more, it was probably one of the best "losing" plays I've ever seen. Instead of throwing away a vote and having someone mad at you, he can basically walk it off.

It may not save him still, but it was probably the best vote he could've made.

I've gotta say, he's kind of one hell of a player. If he lasts to the merge he may make it far.

Do we know if they show all the votes to the tribe even after Jeff says "that's enough?" I know they usually do a pretty good job of revealing all the minority votes to draw out tension but in a vote like this that is 4-1 do they actually show that last vote to the tribe? In this case a smart player might realize Probst didn't let it get to 2-2 before the deciding vote but in the larger blindsides do they show the cast all votes?

Overall though, I agree, it's a pretty safe/smart vote for Michael especially if he had a good feel about Angela not flipping.

I also agree with the RHaP analysis. This constant shuffling (combined with challenge wins) means that Naviti has never had to turn on itself. The Dom/Chris tension was doubly negated by the first swap giving easy targets then splitting them up just before they might have blown up. The flip side to this is after the final merge the remaining Malolo will likely be playing up their free agency so we might get more action then but so far this season has been underwhelming for vote drama.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Liking the season, but hating most of the players. Michael, the 18 year old kid, is the only one I can root for at this point. He has been put in some really shitty situations and maneuvered through them like someone with wisdom twice his age.

God, I hate Chris. He is the worst kind of narcissist... the kind that doesn't even know or acknowledge that they are one. Give me the brash-bravado type and you can see that they are almost in on the joke. Chris on the other hand must have some serious daddy issues, the way he goes around trumping everyone else's stories, seeking validation. I am wishing a medical-evac on his ass.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I think the players only see what is shown when Jeff is reading them on TV.

gak

<Gold Donor>
God, I hate Chris. He is the worst kind of narcissist... the kind that doesn't even know or acknowledge that they are one.

It got so bad I legit thought he was trolling- "You guyz play beach volleyball ? My team was voted best in the universe by God himself" "I'm not only a model, I'm signed in Miami and Jew York and Bumfuckistan"

u.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
It's hard to see much gameplay as long as Naviti sticks together, but I'm liking Wendell and Kellyn so far. The only one I really dislike is Chris, and to a lesser extent Dominic. I like Donathan too but I don't think he has a chance to win.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
All the tribe swaps have done nothing to change this boring Pagonging. On this week's RHaP episode they mentioned that being split up early might actually make them more loyal to each other than if they were in one tribe the whole time screwing each other over and annoying each other around camp. I think they might be on to something.

Ya this is a rough season and I partially blame the casting. I know people will talk all sorts of shit when going through the vetting process but you'd think they'd be on point for getting more folks on board that are willing to make the big moves. Last season was the best season in the past few years for this exact reason, and i'm not sure if they casted for it or just got lucky.

Seasons like this seem to be the new norm. Pre merge the retards band together to get out all the people wanting to really play the game, and the post merge season ends up morphing into a autist fest of people who don't have the ability to play thinking they are making moves by constantly choosing the safest possible decisions even if they are so obviously on the bottom.

Production needs to figure out a better way to disincentive majority groups sticking together all the way, and tribe swaps are not the answer.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Idols or advantages are really the only way to do that, as the real game players go after those often and use them in smart ways, the weak ones sitting around in big alliances don't bother. This season has been a snooze when it comes to that stuff.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The episode last night was awesome. Best of the season so far. Thank god the merge is finally here.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Every once in a while I see somebody and I really wonder if seeing themselves on TV will be painful for them. Chris is one of those people. He one of the least self-aware people I've seen on the show, like a less entertaining version of Coach. That 11 person meeting at the water well was so damn ridiculous, and then him not playing his idol when it was only good for 2 tribals just showed that he doesn't understand what people think of him at all.

• 2Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Every once in a while I see somebody and I really wonder if seeing themselves on TV will be painful for them. Chris is one of those people. He one of the least self-aware people I've seen on the show, like a less entertaining version of Coach. That 11 person meeting at the water well was so damn ridiculous, and then him not playing his idol when it was only good for 2 tribals just showed that he doesn't understand what people think of him at all.
he thought, "hey, i'll just drag 10 other ppl with me and just say, lets split the vote, 5/6 duh!!!" "everyone has to agree with TheChris"

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

There's a pretty big difference between his and Coach's lack of self awareness and that is Coach is the type of clueless person who's also seeking self improvement. If you watched all his seasons he's literally a completely different person in his last season vs his first. Ya, he kept up some of the persona but his growth was pretty remarkable. Chris is not that type of person, he thinks he's perfect therefore self improvement not applicable. Him watching this show back will do nothing to help his character flaws.

• 2Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I lol'd at Donald Glover hating on Chris' rapping

For anyone that watches Ponderosa videos, prepare yourself for this. The producers actually made a "rap video" with him at Ponderosa featuring jet skis and all kinds of nonsense. It was meant as tongue-in-cheek, but his rap is truly god awful.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users