Survivor

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Alright so Chris' Ponderosa is hilariously bad. I guess he just doesn't care, though.

I thought tonight's episode was good. I always like the eating challenges, because you know nobody wants to do them. Wendell not even trying on the fish eyes was pretty weak. I suppose after how happy he was about guac, I should've known he'd be a wuss on the eating challenge.

It always amazes me that people are so unwilling to make a play. If Malolo goes with Michael's plan tonight, Wendell goes home and they're in a much better position. I guess the fear of making a play like that is if even one person doesn't go along with it, then everyone who did try to make a play is now on the outs. I suppose it's a lot to risk. At the same time, if you don't make big plays you're not going to win Survivor. Donathan and Laurel even talked about how "this would be good for my resume, now might be the perfect time to make a move." In the end they got cold feet.

I just hope this doesn't turn into another season where Michael (who I'm not even rooting for) has to win immunity to stay in the game. I hate when everyone is so hell-bent on getting one particular person out that there's not even any strategy or game play until that person loses immunity and gets voted out.

Something I was curious about. If Michael's team had won the reward challenge, would the crew of Survivor outed him as being under 21, and therefore couldn't have the margaritas? I coulda sworn in a season past they had someone win a reward where there was wine or beer and couldn't drink it because they were under-age. Not that his game needs any blowing up, since everyone is out for him already, but had he won and been exposed as not being a 23 year-old real estate agent, maybe that'd have made for some interesting TV.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
lol, Ang don't play around
36e6b520be58bdc44e546babd6518064.png

I time stamped the important parts of Libbies Ponderosa

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Libby's Ponderosa.. god damn she is fine.. though angling hard as fuck for her own cooking television show.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
angling hard as fuck for her own cooking television show

If she can actually cook at all it's probably a no-brainer. She makes Rachael Ray and Giada de Laurentiis look like chopped liver.

• 1Like

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I think the drinking age in most of the former british colonies is 18 but i've always wondered at the alcohol rewards. Do they really give them full strength drinks or virgin/weak ones? 3+ weeks sober with no food and you'd get fucked up.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Too many fucking idols, whats the idol count, 10? i can't even keep track, and most of the idols are like in fucking plain sight, not even buried... or it's a fucking clue that you can see and "DIG UNDER THE SHELTER"!!! OMG so difficult.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Dom and Wendell being secretly aligned with Laurel is making things too easy for them. I'm not sure what she's thinking but by running and telling them every time somebody tries to make a move, she's basically acting like she wants to go to the end with them, which would not go well for her. Des's move this week was not well executed at all, but I think Laurel has a much better chance of getting deep with the other malolo people than she does with Dom and Wendell. Also, since they both have idols, it may take a while to get rid of them. On the upside, naviti's advantage is down to one now, but if Laurel stays loyal to Dom they don't have a chance.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What a stupid fucking twist with two separate tribals.

Between all the idols and advantages and tribe swaps, this season is falling flat on its face.

There's actually a pretty good parallel there with Kellyn where I'm not sure I've ever seen someone blow up their own game so spectacularly with an advantage play. I mean holy shit, the paranoia on her. They almost would've been better off getting rid of her because this isn't the first time she's done that.

gak

<Gold Donor>
"There's no way a young handsome boy would lie to a dizzy cunt like me, he MUST have an idol !!!"

c.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I liked Kellyn early on but she definitely seems like she's going to crash and burn, possibly next week.

This episode was sort of interesting just because what wound up happening was exactly what you would expect, but it took a pretty circuitous route to get there. The second I saw the team divisions I thought "well if Michael doesn't win this he's gone" and sure enough but they did a decent job of introducing doubt before the end.

Now that Laurel and Donathan are the last remaining Malolos, they are not a threat and Naviti is finally going to start eating each other and using the Malolos to do it instead of voting them out. I think Donathan is in prime position to be a zero vote finalist and Kellyn will probably be gone quick to make way for the inevitable Dom vs. Wendell showdown. Laurel could actually wind up going to the end as a goat as well but I think it's less likely for her than Donathan.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
And if Michael had voted for Laurel instead, she would have gone home as there wouldn't have been a tie. Not sure why he picked Wendell to vote for.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Speaking of Donathan, the look of shock on his face that Jenna lied to him and then also cast the sole vote against him, causing him to waste his idol, was fucking hilarious. It's like the first time a girl lies to you, but in adult form. It was especially great because of the smug look he had when the first vote was his name.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Speaking of Donathan, the look of shock on his face that Jenna lied to him and then also cast the sole vote against him, causing him to waste his idol, was fucking hilarious. It's like the first time a girl lies to you, but in adult form. It was especially great because of the smug look he had when the first vote was his name.

This season is plum fucking retarded though. I say this every season, but the new norm is the band of retards, sometimes ruled by one or two players, votes out all game players / threats, and then just retards out the rest of the season. Last season broke the mold from the formula but it's been holding strong for like the past 10 seasons or so.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
They merge so they can go back to two tribes for two tribals... k.
Ghost island which this season is suppose to be about is a fail as half the time it's just exile island.
They're just adding too much stupid twist to try and keep the game interesting, and it doesn't need it.

Vetiria

Silver Knight of the Realm
And if Michael had voted for Laurel instead, she would have gone home as there wouldn't have been a tie. Not sure why he picked Wendell to vote for.

He had worked out a plan with both Laurel and Kellyn to vote for Wendell. They could have easily shown that in the edit to explain it. If Kellyn weren't so paranoid, she could have straight up told Michael her plan to vote for Laurel and not have wasted her second vote.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Not sure how Donathan and Laurel think they can win at this point. They keep passing on opportunities to make a move on Dom or Wendell, even knowing those guys have idols. Time is running out for them.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, seems like they missed a big opportunity tonight. Dom and Wendell won't get blindsided again. If one of them wins they should really send Laurel a thank you note because she is gifting them this game. Even if Wendell had played his idol, it would have still been 4-3 in the next tribal with only one idol to contend with so the risk was really minimal to have a chance to take out the biggest threat in the game.

I'm not sure how I feel about Donathan's big mouth at tribal. I just don't see what the upside is to it vs. just saying "Oh woe is me, I'm probably going home tonight" and making both sides feel comfortable.

Last edited: