Survivor

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Despite the fact that there wasn't really anyone I felt played a great game, I thought this was a pretty enjoyable season despite the whole sexual harassment thing. I don't agree that Dean played a better game. He had a better last few days but for most of the season he was a bump on a log. He did a decent job at selling it as strategy, but a lot of that shit at the end was luck as much as anything. I would have been okay with him winning but I had no problem with it going to Tommy either. I don't think either of them would have won against a lot of past winners.

The all winner season has been talked about for a long time. It should be fun. I just hope they don't fuck with the game so much that it's unrecognizable.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I completely skipped the entire reunion. Watched the votes and preview. Figured the rest would be shit I didn't want to hear.
Good call. Most of the show was about how powerful the "du rag" moment was and Jeff apologising and championing Kellee for being so brave as she awkwardly spoke about the Dan incident. I'm sure alot got cut out as it was suspiciously pre taped.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The Kellee interview part was pretty awkward. You could tell she was super nervous and everyone was expecting her to say something profound and she just didn't really have much to say. I sort of felt sorry for her being put on the spot like that even though she had obviously had plenty of time to prepare and didn't really come up with anything. It was still better than if they had pointed the camera at Jamal for 5 minutes though since he would have had plenty of sanctimonious shit to say but it would have amounted to the same nothing.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
The all winner season has been talked about for a long time. It should be fun. I just hope they don't fuck with the game so much that it's unrecognizable.

Should be entertaining for sure. I feel like Rob just flew straight from one island to another, although I doubt he Sandra were staying on that Island full time anyway.

Having just watched Cook Islands I got excited seeing Parvati until I realized it just spoiled the two old seasons I was looking forward to watching the most. My own fault for slacking.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Should be entertaining for sure. I feel like Rob just flew straight from one island to another, although I doubt he Sandra were staying on that Island full time anyway.

Having just watched Cook Islands I got excited seeing Parvati until I realized it just spoiled the two old seasons I was looking forward to watching the most. My own fault for slacking.

Are you kidding?! Didn’t you see the scene where Rob “single handedly” built that entire shelter? I’d stay there the whole time.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
today
survivor-season-40-Talent-recap.jpg

medium age of everyone is around 35 and a range of 28 to 48 with 48 being dennis staphly that could probably still outswim everyone.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
today
survivor-season-40-Talent-recap.jpg

medium age of everyone is around 35 and a range of 28 to 48 with 48 being dennis staphly that could probably still outswim everyone.

crazy how many total retards have won this game

• 1Worf

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I’m honestly surprised neither Rob or Sandra got a vote. This season looks like it’ll be fun. I was skeptical when they first announced it, but I thought tonight was a good start.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Pretty solid start. I forgot what a total fucking smokeshow Parvati used to be, until they played that old footage of her from Micronesia.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
wow, i had to look over the winners, basically every woman asked HAD to say yes.

Amber was probably asked "yo, if jenna and natalie white say no, you HAVE TO JOIN", cuz there are only 12 girl winners + 2(no way they were asking 60yr old tina to join and no one anyone wanted to see vecipia)

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Conspiracy theory!

Sandra & Rob are playing together. She's just lying about him telling her that he would never play again, and they concocted the whole scheme while they were on Island of the Idols together. And with Amber on the Island, she can feed them fire coins

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Conspiracy theory!

Sandra & Rob are playing together. She's just lying about him telling her that he would never play again, and they concocted the whole scheme while they were on Island of the Idols together. And with Amber on the Island, she can feed them fire coins

This is my exact theory as well. Well except I figured Amber was always supposed to go home early to sell it better, but I like your theory better. Read an Interview with Rob saying he wanted to do something never done before, but all he could say was "imagine controlling the game from both sides". Kinda on the nose.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This season is so enjoyable. I'm afraid normal seasons are going to be a massive letdown after this (see my previous posts over the last few seasons about how I was going to stop watching).

That immunity challenge was NUTS! Also, Tyson's innocent remark about their firewood at the end was hilarious.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This season is so enjoyable. I'm afraid normal seasons are going to be a massive letdown after this (see my previous posts over the last few seasons about how I was going to stop watching).

That immunity challenge was NUTS! Also, Tyson's innocent remark about their firewood at the end was hilarious.
this s40 and the last great one HvV at s20, what even comes close in between?

• 1Picard

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the gameplay is on a whole different level when everybody who is playing has won. Although, it is shining a light on how many people have won by simply being the smartest retard.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah so far I am really happy with this season.

However, these people really confuse me. I can't understand the rationalization 2 weeks ago with voting Ethan out. If you are that afraid of Rob, get rid of him now. Why let him hang around if he is such a threat?

Also, WTF were they thinking getting rid of Tyson over Sandra? She is so cocky and arrogant, they need to get rid of her ASAP.

And how come she is allowed to sit out every challenge? I thought you weren't allowed to sit out consecutive challenges?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's probably a delicate balance, pretty much with the argument Tyson and Tony were making. Yeah, you get rid of a threat, but also that threat is a HUGE shield.

As long as Rob is in the game, the "next threat up" isn't you. Since they're all winners, they're probably all assuming they themselves are pretty big threats (and they're not wrong; there's a good reason to get rid of everyone).

Ditto with Sandra. There's an argument to made that you take her to the end with you. Especially in a season of 1 time winners, no one's going to vote to make the only 2 time winner a 3 time winner. But at the same time, that's exactly what Sandra wants.

It's what makes this whole thing so enjoyable. Plus, you've got players who've played in multiple seasons together, players who essentially have worked on projects outside the game, etc. Shit, you've got players who've voted out these people before! When does that ever happen?

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
getting rid of tyson is a no brainer, you'all got rid of amber cuz of the poker alliance, lets just keep it civil and keep on using that excuse to get rid of the remaining members

keeping sandra is a double edge sword, who would have thought that the only reason she wins a 2nd time is cuz all the vets on HvV were such emo fags, it didn't even come into russells mind that these fags could be so butt hurt they'd give a worthless paperweight another gimme win, but they did.

are ppl gonna just carry sandra over to final 3 cuz... "no one is gonna be butt hurt to give her a THIRD win??? right???"