Survivor

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well.. shit. The dude really was a dirty old man... I can't allow myself to be so cynical that Probst and production would go this far with a fabrication.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Geez, what the fuck dude?

I hope those chicks feel extra shitty now. Probably production, too, since they let it continue.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
6f4207e9e6f98a242862111f388be2af.png

so is he grabbing female producers? or does "player" mean currently jury member?

*edit, yup
involved a member of the show’s production team — happened after an immunity challenge as Spilo and other contestants were getting into a boat to transport them back to the camp.

At one point, Spilo allegedly touched the female crew member’s leg. According to multiple sources, he insisted that the contact was inadvertent and accidental as he lost his balance while trying to get into the boat. At least one of the remaining contestants witnessed the incident.

But the show’s production team wasn’t convinced that the contact was merely incidental. After consulting with the show’s legal team, producers eventually decided to remove him from the show.

i mean, idk, it sounds plausible, it's not like they're traveling to other islands by cruise ship, they're on rickety little canoes

hell, remember last season fat pat got kicked off the show cuz the boats fucked up his chest?

*edit, edit

looks like the final eps will now be a pre-taped metoo affair, snore

Last edited:

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I'm totally skeptical this is nothing more than a virtue signaling stunt at Dan's expense. Yep, it is likely dude was a total perv and got one last grope in. However it is just as likely that it was incidental and Production jumped at it to score more woke points. Hell, reading Dalton Ross's recap was nearly unbearable as he waxed poetic about how awful it was and to #believe. He ranked the season at 39 to ice the deal because of the taint Dan's inappropriate touching left. I feel like since it's all filmed, the fact that it was all but ignored by pretty much every other contestant tells me that it was grossly exaggerated outside of Kellee, and even that may have been overblown slightly due to her NOT being touchy feely at all and Dan being so. He crossed a line, sure, but I don't think it's as rapey as CBS is obviously trying to make it out to be. And the funny thing is, it's kind of backfiring because the #believeallbullshit types are pissed that he wasn't yanked much earlier.

This all started back on Blue Collar White Collar No Collar where they publicly crucified Dan and that black guy for picking on the poor Muslim woman. Jeff nearly broke his arm patting himself on the back after his very public tribunal. And it really was blatant there was way more to the story. The bitch was fucking annoying on camera, I guaranfuckingtee you there were two sides to that story and why she set off not one but two guys so badly. And it seems since then, about every other season they seize on another opportunity to dogpile on someone for virtue points. Basically CBS/Survivor's Production team just has no credibility with me on anything like this.

Overall this was a very middle of the road season, and still is. Dan did not ruin it, CBS trying to appear to #believe did, and it kind of backfired. Ugh I hate Clown World.

EDIT: And I just read the Q&A with Jeff, and he was all "Out of respect for privacy I cannot comment any further." Yet, at the same time they had no problem with airing out all the incidents before. I'm all but convinced jack and shit happened at all.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I feel like since it's all filmed, the fact that it was all but ignored by pretty much every other contestant tells me that it was grossly exaggerated outside of Kellee, and even that may have been overblown slightly due to her NOT being touchy feely at all and Dan being so.

it's not just taped, these are 10 ppl essentially crowded around a small living room because
1. no one wants to veer away from the shelter b/c they don't want to be "caught" looking for the idol
2. your shelter is only so big

so it's like 10 ppl almost 24/7 (of course ppl go out for wood/water/fish, but we've all seen that the BTS is ppl just sit around camp for HOURS!) in like a 200sqft area

and no one said shit.

hell, the "evidence" they presented to us in eps1 was just Dan offering a massage. i mean he said he gives good massages, who are we to judge!

then he lays on her leg... it's either her boney asian leg or a fucking bamboo stick

BONEY ASIAN LEG!!! all the time, shes not even shoving him off.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Dan was caught raping an island goat, off camera.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Fuck Dan. He should have been kicked off sooner in my opinion. If he won I was going to be pissed off and I'm glad he's gone. They showed plenty in the first episode of him being a creep to warrant booting him in my opinion. I was really surprised they didn't do it then. Maybe you guys go around massaging women who you barely know even after they ask you not to, but in my book that is totally over the line and if he touched me in that way I would punch him in the face.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I'm totally skeptical this is nothing more than a virtue signaling stunt at Dan's expense. Yep, it is likely dude was a total perv and got one last grope in. However it is just as likely that it was incidental and Production jumped at it to score more woke points. Hell, reading Dalton Ross's recap was nearly unbearable as he waxed poetic about how awful it was and to #believe. He ranked the season at 39 to ice the deal because of the taint Dan's inappropriate touching left. I feel like since it's all filmed, the fact that it was all but ignored by pretty much every other contestant tells me that it was grossly exaggerated outside of Kellee, and even that may have been overblown slightly due to her NOT being touchy feely at all and Dan being so. He crossed a line, sure, but I don't think it's as rapey as CBS is obviously trying to make it out to be. And the funny thing is, it's kind of backfiring because the #believeallbullshit types are pissed that he wasn't yanked much earlier.

This all started back on Blue Collar White Collar No Collar where they publicly crucified Dan and that black guy for picking on the poor Muslim woman. Jeff nearly broke his arm patting himself on the back after his very public tribunal. And it really was blatant there was way more to the story. The bitch was fucking annoying on camera, I guaranfuckingtee you there were two sides to that story and why she set off not one but two guys so badly. And it seems since then, about every other season they seize on another opportunity to dogpile on someone for virtue points. Basically CBS/Survivor's Production team just has no credibility with me on anything like this.

Overall this was a very middle of the road season, and still is. Dan did not ruin it, CBS trying to appear to #believe did, and it kind of backfired. Ugh I hate Clown World.

EDIT: And I just read the Q&A with Jeff, and he was all "Out of respect for privacy I cannot comment any further." Yet, at the same time they had no problem with airing out all the incidents before. I'm all but convinced jack and shit happened at all.
It's also partly probably an overreaction by CBS after Big Brother. They had the very loud Reddit crowd accusing them of covering up for racism and it resulted in an absolutely fucked up finale where they basically publicly accused the winner of the season, on live TV, of being a racist. My guess is they err on the side of caution from now on. Which means I likely also won't watch their shows anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's also partly probably an overreaction by CBS after Big Brother. They had the very loud Reddit crowd accusing them of covering up for racism and it resulted in an absolutely fucked up finale where they basically publicly accused the winner of the season, on live TV, of being a racist. My guess is they err on the side of caution from now on. Which means I likely also won't watch their shows anymore.

Yeah that was going to be part of my rant but I left it out for the sake of brevity and the fact that technically they are two completely different companies... but yes I believe the infamous Season 15 was the catalyst of ALL of this and Big Brother has been doing the same thing. See this most recent season. Yeah Micky was a complete douchebag tool, and so was Aquaman Jack, but they were not the racist shitbags they were desperately trying to paint them up to be as they crucified them in the finale for that show as well. It's getting old.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
i hope Dan starts suiing them for defamation of character or something
Look, man. I know we shouldn't just "Believe all women!", but you're going whole-hog on Dan did nothing. It's ok to not believe all women and also think Dan is a creep.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
The fucked up part, in my opinion, is that they still left in the friends/family shit and let Dan's 13 year old kid go on TV all the while knowing that Dan was going to be removed from the show and his reputation ruined(true or not)/.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
they've had that before, season 15 was an awesome year of BB racism

it seems white ppl just get all uppity and racial when there is an asian AND a black on the show

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The fucked up part, in my opinion, is that they still left in the friends/family shit and let Dan's 13 year old kid go on TV all the while knowing that Dan was going to be removed from the show and his reputation ruined(true or not)/.

Right I totally agree with this. They aired out all his creepy shit he did to Kellee (and the others to some extent). I don't think it was rapey but it was definitely creepy as shit. My only issue is with this alleged incident that happened off camera that they are being hush hush. I just smell dog pile on that one on already existing (and concrete) evidence.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Look, man. I know we shouldn't just "Believe all women!", but you're going whole-hog on Dan did nothing. It's ok to not believe all women and also think Dan is a creep.
cuz they catch everything, and their evidence? was nothing

they could do more to show us more, like i remember BB they had to expel a guy cuz he was crazy and put a knife to a girls throat

I remember a finale where Jeff showed b roll to debunk claims

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
So apparently the reunion is being pre recorded because they felt the cast would speak out on live TV in support of Dan.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not a fan of this season.

And based on how the last couple episodes went, I feel like the 2nd place person got screwed...again. Dean played a significantly better game than Tommy. Tommy did really well at making friends, but he played a pretty shit game otherwise.

I said this would be the last season I watch, but shit. I don't know if I can not watch an all winners season.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, wrong guy won. Best part of the finale was when the famous girl gave the one guy a measly 15k and the other two chicks 100k. Worst part was everything else. Not sure why they even bother to bring everyone back, they barely talked to anybody this reunion.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Definitely a meh season, ranked somewhere in the 30s for me. The worst are still One World, Nicaragua, and China for me but this one was close. Dean was the better player for sure, but he had one question aimed at him specifically and he completely swung and missed. His answer to is there a line? Should have been nope, I'm here for a million bucks at all costs.

I still love the show. Bad seasons are going to happen and we were due one as the last few have been really solid at the very least. The last meh one for me was the second blood vs water.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, wrong guy won. Best part of the finale was when the famous girl gave the one guy a measly 15k and the other two chicks 100k. Worst part was everything else. Not sure why they even bother to bring everyone back, they barely talked to anybody this reunion.
I completely skipped the entire reunion. Watched the votes and preview. Figured the rest would be shit I didn't want to hear.