Survivor

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I literally can't even....

Sometimes players do off the wall things because they are tossing up a hail mary, and if it connects, it is awesome. The main example I'm thinking of is Malcom and his crew doing the idol switcheroo a few years ago. Last night was not one of those moments.

What
The
Actual
Fuck

What purpose did it serve for Dean to blow shit up like that before Tribal even started? Ok you went in 4 - 4 with an idol to negate the other 4. How the hell does exposing one of the 4 on your side, regardless of how crazy she is, benefit you in any way. Was working with Nora a risk? Hell yeah. But what other option did you have? So you lose a solid (yes annoying I know but at this point where you are at in the game that shit doesn't matter) number to elimination. You alienate another one who is super explosive and will now gun for you the entire time. Maybe this will pay off down the road, sure, but for now there is just way too much risk for this to even be a plan A over what you already had. Until this point, this season has been pretty low key when it comes to really stupid moves, and then in one instant this season damn rockets up to Ice Cream Scooper Eric's retard ass move in Fans vs Favorites.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't know what actually happened at tribal. Sometimes I think the editors are intentionally trying to bamboozle us to make the show more interesting but the whole narrative they made through the whole episode didn't make any sense when it came to tribal.

Dean is a simple fellow and I imagine that he just decided he needs Tommy for a meat shield or people will come for him next which might be true but Dean hasn't been in any danger of winning any immunities so far. Noura and Elaine seem like bigger challenge threats at this point. This season has been very heavy on the endurance challenges so far though, which negates strength to some extent.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, my opinion is we got some stupid editing and something happened to make Dean do that.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Concur on the editing.

This is the second episode where Karishma claimed her husband chooses to be with her... after crying a few episodes ago about being stuck in an arranged marriage which they had no choice in...

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
So for the past year, my "have a few drinks and turn off my brain" show has been old seasons of Survivor on Amazon Prime that I missed. Currently watching season 13 Cook Islands, and it's crazy how great the casting used to be. So many likeable people on this season for so many different reasons. I understand why the show had to transform into what it is now, but damn watching these two different seasons parallel really reinforces how shit these newer seasons are.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So for the past year, my "have a few drinks and turn off my brain" show has been old seasons of Survivor on Amazon Prime that I missed. Currently watching season 13 Cook Islands, and it's crazy how great the casting used to be. So many likeable people on this season for so many different reasons. I understand why the show had to transform into what it is now, but damn watching these two different seasons parallel really reinforces how shit these newer seasons are.
are you up to the part where it took 13 seasons for an asian (cowboy) to figure out, "lets split the vote"?

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
are you up to the part where it took 13 seasons for an asian (cowboy) to figure out, "lets split the vote"?

Yeah, just past the merge. Best part is, he was telling the actual person who HAD the Idol. Ahh, simpler times...

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think overall the casts have been really likable once they got past that awful phase of about 4 or 5 seasons. The main examples I'm thinking of is the season that had Jimmy Johnson on it (god they were all awful) and the one where they had the tribes divided by sex. The best one for me was the one with that crazy nerdy guy Christian. That season was stellar on the personality. This season has been mostly decent but most of the people with personality are on the jury at this point. This season hasn't been stellar... not bad at all, but not real memorable either. And yeah you are right it had to be editing, but I guess I've just never understood this concept of being happy on being on the bottom. Ok yeah you have numbers and you are buying yourself safety for a few votes, but you are still nowhere near the final 5. It just makes no sense to me. But neither does starving yourself for 39 days, so what do I know?

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I think overall the casts have been really likable once they got past that awful phase of about 4 or 5 seasons. The main examples I'm thinking of is the season that had Jimmy Johnson on it (god they were all awful) and the one where they had the tribes divided by sex. The best one for me was the one with that crazy nerdy guy Christian. That season was stellar on the personality. This season has been mostly decent but most of the people with personality are on the jury at this point. This season hasn't been stellar... not bad at all, but not real memorable either. And yeah you are right it had to be editing, but I guess I've just never understood this concept of being happy on being on the bottom. Ok yeah you have numbers and you are buying yourself safety for a few votes, but you are still nowhere near the final 5. It just makes no sense to me. But neither does starving yourself for 39 days, so what do I know?

Yeah Christian was two seasons ago and that cast was okay (minus crazy rice girl and Christian's crybaby partner chick). Other than that I haven't really liked the casting at all. The only thing I can remember about last season was that annoying ass black kid with the zits and the winner had a huge advantage being in Exile all game. This season shaping up to he even less memorable for me. Honestly don't even know who I am rooting for at this point.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah Christian was two seasons ago and that cast was okay (minus crazy rice girl and Christian's crybaby partner chick). Other than that I haven't really liked the casting at all. The only thing I can remember about last season was that annoying ass black kid with the zits and the winner had a huge advantage being in Exile all game. This season shaping up to he even less memorable for me. Honestly don't even know who I am rooting for at this point.

Yeah that exile island twist of last season was awful. That's actually been my main gripe with Survivor overall are the weird twists that make it worse. Not only that it had returning players and the seasons where it's just a handful of returning players are just kind of dumb as they are usually targeted first and taken out. OR the show gives them armor that makes it shitty in the other way. But last seasons cast was pretty good to me. Likable may not be a good word because some of them were pretty terrible people, but in an entertaining way. Like the loud and annoying blonde woman. She was annoying but her being annoying was entertaining to watch.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea edge of extinction was the most bullshit season.

HEY, you know like the second guy that was kicked out? yea he'll welcome ALL the currently kicked out plays and the entire jury pool AND get all game secrets, strategies and alliances AND make himself like such a great guy to the kicked out jury members that he had days to get to know, that they'll vote for him over 2 other players that they played with the entire season.

gak

<Gold Donor>
lol @ month-long-celibate Tommy shrieking "DIG ! DIG !" and almost ripping Janet in half when she was trapped under the log.

s.gif

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah that exile island twist of last season was awful. That's actually been my main gripe with Survivor overall are the weird twists that make it worse. Not only that it had returning players and the seasons where it's just a handful of returning players are just kind of dumb as they are usually targeted first and taken out. OR the show gives them armor that makes it shitty in the other way. But last seasons cast was pretty good to me. Likable may not be a good word because some of them were pretty terrible people, but in an entertaining way. Like the loud and annoying blonde woman. She was annoying but her being annoying was entertaining to watch.
That and the idols.

Seriously, there's no way they're hiding these well when they're found immediately every single 3 days after being played.

And they really cheapen the game. I know the producers love them because they get crazy tribals, but I'm tired of it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That and the idols.

Seriously, there's no way they're hiding these well when they're found immediately every single 3 days after being played.

And they really cheapen the game. I know the producers love them because they get crazy tribals, but I'm tired of it.
it's always been hinted that to find the idol, you look at where the camera men are looking at.

also i find it disgusting, that somehow they are either purposely finding ppl with 6 degrees of kevin bacon (oh yea i knew your ex-boyfriend, from school) or just totally inept at a minor historical background.

like isn't that why kellie was trying to make dean her number 1? cuz she knew his ex.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
That and the idols.

i get it but what I love about them is they really do help against this super alliance being able to just steam roll over everyone post merge. It was my main complaint with the game the first couple seasons I watched. I started around season 11, and Siri's first season was the worst offender to me. It was their original tribe's alliance and Terry. The only reason why Terry staid in was he was a challenge beast who got screwed in the last challenge. But outside of that, it was legit it didn't matter who won the challenge, they'd just pick off another member of the other tribe one by one. It's the same thing as Big Brother early season.. numbers are all that counts and shit is just boring.

For the most part, idols take some effort to find and some of these guys go without sleep for days at a time to find them (Think the news anchor from last season). I know we see like a 15 minute montage and it looks like they wander just outside of camp and WOOP IDOL. But I think it's way more than that most times. There are some times they do leave them in easy to find spots, and yes I agree it is production trying to give a glimmer of hope to avoid a complete landslide. Now the stupid second change crap like Redemption Island? I hate that shit. Immunity idols keep you from getting your torch snuffed, and I'm ok with that. However to be fully voted out and have the ability to return? Yeah that shit is lame and it really needs to not come back.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i get it but what I love about them is they really do help against this super alliance being able to just steam roll over everyone post merge. It was my main complaint with the game the first couple seasons I watched. I started around season 11, and Siri's first season was the worst offender to me. It was their original tribe's alliance and Terry. The only reason why Terry staid in was he was a challenge beast who got screwed in the last challenge. But outside of that, it was legit it didn't matter who won the challenge, they'd just pick off another member of the other tribe one by one. It's the same thing as Big Brother early season.. numbers are all that counts and shit is just boring.

For the most part, idols take some effort to find and some of these guys go without sleep for days at a time to find them (Think the news anchor from last season). I know we see like a 15 minute montage and it looks like they wander just outside of camp and WOOP IDOL. But I think it's way more than that most times. There are some times they do leave them in easy to find spots, and yes I agree it is production trying to give a glimmer of hope to avoid a complete landslide. Now the stupid second change crap like Redemption Island? I hate that shit. Immunity idols keep you from getting your torch snuffed, and I'm ok with that. However to be fully voted out and have the ability to return? Yeah that shit is lame and it really needs to not come back.
they shouldmake em work for the immunity idols, remember the landmark trigonometry Yul had to do

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
they shouldmake em work for the immunity idols, remember the landmark trigonometry Yul had to do

Ha yeah... as long as it's not tucked away on an island. Yeah they should be hard to find but i think everyone should be equally able to access them not someone who gets picked to go to an island. And I also like the time limits they have on the the island of the idols ones this season, and that shoudl carry over to all idols. IE once discovered, the idol is only good for one tribal or two... then they are considered gone and will be "reset".

Also that season is still in my top 5 seasons. What a great cast.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ha yeah... as long as it's not tucked away on an island. Yeah they should be hard to find but i think everyone should be equally able to access them not someone who gets picked to go to an island. And I also like the time limits they have on the the island of the idols ones this season, and that shoudl carry over to all idols. IE once discovered, the idol is only good for one tribal or two... then they are considered gone and will be "reset".

Also that season is still in my top 5 seasons. What a great cast.
it's still my number 1 season.

i'm wondering if parvati will try to bury yul on s40, since he's the only guy to seemingly resist her magical pussy.

also on rewatch, shit, candance is a skinny bitch, very few girls used the buff as a bikini bottom.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Parvati is over rated. Yeah she had a great look on fans vs favs but honestly that was not all her, and to this day I think she gets way way way too much credit for that run in that season, as great as it was. But in that season with Yul? She did absolutely nothing. Hell was she even in the finale episode? I never understood the love she got. Even in Heros vs Villians, she had lots of help and it ended up biting her in the ass... although she did more than worthless as perky tits on a nun Sandra.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Just finished season 13, definitely on my top 5. As I mentioned earlier, great casting there. Best part was watching the two chicks try to make fire for over an hour and a half WITH MATCHES. Was rooting hard for Jonathin since the kids were so salty about his game, but the right guy won.