Survivor

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow... I actually loved this season. The game play was really sub par, yes, but that was mainly due to the fact that no one seemed to be on the same page when it came time to try to flip the tables and Laurel's only move was to stay on Dom and Wendell's dicks. Like seriously the first tribal of the finale was laughable. Why in the hell do you NOT go for it? You know your fate is sealed regardless, and you have nothing to lose. And yet, Pot Head doesn't play his second vote, and they all vote for different people.

And that was kind of the problem throughout the whole thing. People tried going after Dom and Wendell, but they either could not get on the same page or they could not sell the flip to Laurel and Donathan, who both knew that it was safer to stay in their original alliance then to just switch over to another one and be the obvious next targets. Frustrating due to lack of drama? Of course, but I really cannot blame Laurel for doing that. Donathan had the right idea, but he was too stupid to understand the definition of subtlety when it came time to mindfuck the duo. He totally could have flushed those idols had he not taken his act 15 steps too far.

However, I also love watching this show to just "people watch" and that part was fantastic for me. These people just were all unique and likable in their own way for the most part.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
We should just have a season full of Donathans, no really just 20 dumb reres

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm mostly blaming it on Lauren. Every time there has been a chance to go after the big guys, she either bitched out or just went right to them and told them everything. Nobody else has really made a move, but it could well be because they couldn't do anything without Lauren and she refused to cooperate. Whoever wins this season should throw her a few bucks.
Fucking Nostradamus over here.

That was a really shitty situation for Laurel. I'm kind of surprised they put that much pressure on a single person to award $1 million.

Absolutely terrible season all around. Sebastian not playing his extra vote, the last time it's allowed, is basically a good summary of the season.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I was screaming at the TV when Angela made the dumbass move of telling Dom the plan to vote him out. Like. WHAT THE FUCK. Fucking stupid meathead.

There were so many fucking opportunities to getting out Wendell and Dom out. But, they were the most deserving of the win and when Laurel was given the choice to determine who would win, it was clear Wendell had it in the bag.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oddly satisfying end to a mostly unsatisfying season. Dom and Wendel tying at the end could not have been better if it were scripted. Laurel casting her vote for Wendel was fine, no issues with it.

Seabass gets a seat in my Hall of Shame for Survivor retards. He didn't even have the self awareness or dignity to realize after the fact how well Dom had played him. "I mean, yeah, I was voting you out, but I am a kind and innocent person CRY, you played me!" Not using an advantage, that could have changed his fate, should get him a seat right next to Erik and James.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
bad season overall, decent ending for what we had to work with, I think if dom could have managed to be slightly less cocky in his explanations to jury he may have swayed a vote or two and got rid of the tie. His face as soon as he realized whats her face was the deciding vote was pretty brutal, since her choice was so obvious. seabass was the dumbest mother fucker out there, at least seemed partially aware his idiocy was constantly imploding his game.

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Glad that it turned out the way it did. But, holy fuck, everyone outside of Wendell and Dom were fucking worthless. It had the potential to be really good, but everyone bitched out whenever there was an opportunity to make something happen.

And holy lol to Sebastian's "I play with love" schtick. Admits he was totally gonna backstab Dom if it weren't for his theatrics and then blames Dom for his theatrics being too aggressive, lol.

Wife and I agree that it was a pretty poor season overall. The games on Ghost Island should have been mandatory (with different advantages/disadvantages for each game). We also felt that some of the more compelling people got voted out too early, like Stephanie.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That's dumb. They will probably just vote him off immediately like last time he played regular survivor.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
1st eps and Russell is working w/ a bunch of noobs

dgbg.gif

oh he also
found an idol w/o a clue

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
First episode was relatively boring. The only leader on the David tribe gets hurt on a boat ride and has to be medically evacuated. Sucks for them.

Second episode was a little more entertaining. I liked how the vote turned out, always interesting when things don’t go the way the tribe thinks they’re going to go.

Quote of the day: “You’re black, I’m black. I feel like I have to look out for you.” I’m surprised they even aired that. Imagine a couple of dudebro white guys saying the same type of thing. Zomg they racist!

Hope this season gets better. If the David tribe loses again next week I think they’ll have to do a team shake-up. I just can’t see that tribe winning anything.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The crazy part is right after that conversation, he's like, "Well, that bitch is a lost cause." She's fucking insane. He's sitting there telling her she has no self awareness and she just throws it back in his face, proving him right.

• 2Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Can't believe no updates on this. Latest episode was absolutely insane -- a first for Survivor history. Playing hidden immunity idol to predict who's going to potentially fall, and in good ol' David fashion, unseated a Goliath.

• 1Solidarity

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Can't believe no updates on this. Latest episode was absolutely insane -- a first for Survivor history. Playing hidden immunity idol to predict who's going to potentially fall, and in good ol' David fashion, unseated a Goliath.

I struggle to remember a more calculated tribal, that shit was great. Dan is a cocky idiot, literally got baited because he didn't wanna get outplayed and it cost him an idol.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's probably one of the best Survivor seasons in many years. The casting didn't have too many misses (except old black lady, not sure wtf they were thinking there).

This last tribal was pretty amazing, only because when Karl got his Exile Island power I was like, "That's seriously the stupidest fucking power they've ever come up with." I mean, what are the odds that not only will you play the idol nullifier on someone who actually has an idol, but that you'd time it for the tribal they play it, AND on themselves?

And yet, they fucking pulled it off.

My only complaint is during that tribal, I wish one of the Goliaths would've said to the Davids, "You keep saying we need to stop playing as tribes and blur the lines, but the only examples you give are ones where the 5 Davids stick together and a Goliath crosses over. There's no give from the Davids in this conversation, it's all take." Because the reality is the Davids are being incredibly hypocritical too. Outside of Elizabeth, they've stuck to their own.

• 2Like

sole

Molten Core Raider
Just got caught up, and holy shit this is a great season. Last two tribals were insane. Pulling for Nick or Alec, I could see either of them winning it. Christian is great and the only part I'm not liking is Gabby crying all the time. If they let Christian get to the end I think he'd win unanimously.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Christian is guaranteed going to win Fan Favorite. Christian by far is the biggest threat in terms of social AND competitive gameplay. I hope he makes it to the end because he fucking deserves it.

And Gravel Gravel , that is not true. There were 2-3 episodes where the Davids attempted to work with the Goliaths and the Goliaths ended up not following through which brought an end to their reign.

Gabby needs to man the fuck up. Her emotions are going to kill Christian's game.

For Alison to be a physician, she should certainly have heard of refeeding syndrome so I'm a little annoyed she would eat as much as she did (fucking gluttony). Glad to see Carl go. His ego brought him down.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so it got good after they kicked old black lady off? (i haven't picked it back up since vacay)