SWTOR

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I only did the stories and some of the group dungeons when I went back some months ago. Pretty fun and definitely worth a play through if you never have before. I did sith warrior, sith mage and the bounty hunter. Never did any of the good guys. Maybe next time when I go back.
I recommend the Jedi Knight (cannon story line), Jedi Councilor, and the Republic Trooper. The smuggler has the weakest story.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Agent wasn't as bad as half of the Republic stories, but I found the Sith Warrior way more entertaining simply for the sake of pissing off Baras at every opportunity among other things. I also didn't mind trooper too much, but consular was definitely a fucking slog.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Agent wasn't as bad as half of the Republic stories, but I found the Sith Warrior way more entertaining simply for the sake of pissing off Baras at every opportunity among other things. I also didn't mind trooper too much, but consular was definitely a fucking slog.

True.

I played through Jedi Knight, Imp Agent, Sith Warrior, Sith Inquisitor, and half of Bounty Hunter when it was 12x Class only XP and you could skip all the planet quests. Sith Warrior was fantastic as well. I like the Imp Agent for the intrigue and being CIA in Star Wars. Jedi Knight was completely Luke Skywalker. Sith Inquisitor was good but I cannot remember it much now, and Bounty Hunter to me was picking up around Act 2 but felt off.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Agent was more interesting but Warrior nailed its theme of becoming the big bad and was overall a better story for it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is there something I can do about the terrible hitching? I already disabled nameplates and that helped a bit but it didn’t completely fix the problem.

Daidraco

Hitching? Have you checked drivers? I havent experienced hitching in this game for years now.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Is there something I can do about the terrible hitching? I already disabled nameplates and that helped a bit but it didn’t completely fix the problem.

What kind of set up do you have?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Intel i5-4670k at 4.5 Ghz
NVIDIA 1070 8GB
16GB DDR3

My operating system is on an SSD but I installed the game on a western digital black 7200 RPM HDD.

I would try a cleaner for the video drivers and reinstall those. I did have that happen to me once (Different game) when I had some NVIDIA drivers over-written and didn't perform a clean install. Bet that fixes it.

• 1Like

Merrith

Agent was more interesting but Warrior nailed its theme of becoming the big bad and was overall a better story for it.

Warrior definitely nailed its theme, and VA for Baras(sp?) was awesome. Still think Imp Agent story crushes all, but I'd have Sith War right behind it. Trooper story is way better played dark side on Republic side. Consular I found to be really bland whether you played it light or dark side.

• 3Like

Cybsled

Sith Inquistor was decent...you basically become Emperor at the end (although they got rid of that after vanilla I heard).

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sith Inquistor was decent...you basically become Emperor at the end (although they got rid of that after vanilla I heard).

you don't become the emperor, you become one of the dark council members. but yes, the dark council gets streamlined and half the members get disolved. the later expacs phase out individual stories so you're generally playing the same story no matter what class. and this means that the inquisitor PC leaves the empire and thus, the dark council.

i had real mixed feelings with the inquisitor story. i LOVE the class and a lot of the moments were pretty cool, but good lord... the class story has you play as literally the dumbest sith in existence. literally everyone betrays you and despite how obvious it is you fall for it everytime and force ghost khallig has to rescue you at every turn. there's one point where he actually tells you "you have to be careful!" and then you just leave-it-to-beaver walk right into the trap.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Inquisitor story was meant to be more dynamic but they had to streamline it to make release. It was supposed to revolve more around companion choices where Ashara was designed to be like Jaesa with a Dark/Light version, Khem Val was supposed to have expanded options for keeping Zash's mind, Xalek was severely dumbed down, etc etc.

Agent ended up being one of the only ones with multiple "options" for the ending, which got almost entirely ignored in expansions. But it's very clear other stories got forced into a single path due to lack of development time. Murder and mayhem await.

Merrith

Inquisitor story was meant to be more dynamic but they had to streamline it to make release. It was supposed to revolve more around companion choices where Ashara was designed to be like Jaesa with a Dark/Light version, Khem Val was supposed to have expanded options for keeping Zash's mind, Xalek was severely dumbed down, etc etc.

Agent ended up being one of the only ones with multiple "options" for the ending, which got almost entirely ignored in expansions. But it's very clear other stories got forced into a single path due to lack of development time. Murder and mayhem await.

The only thing I hated about the options for the Agent's ending is they had the shitty relic system at that point where Dark V was a thing, and the one choice I wanted to make at the end of the Agent story to basically save the Codex or whatever for Imp Intelligence was a light side choice. I wish they had made that neither Dark nor Light.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Got the itch to play some of this. Imperial side this time. Installed game, loaded up, went to make a Chiss Agent. Saw Chiss locked behind paywall. Logged off, uninstalled.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This was probably one of the last bio ware games that was decent, story wise, before they turned all to gay and tranny shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users