SWTOR

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Hmm it only works for the very basic stuff. Doesn't hold stuff like underworld metals.

My banks and storages are all full of old gear. Stuff that is bound and old and terrible. Did I keep all this crap for some sort of salvage or crafting? Or just because I liked the look of it?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hmm it only works for the very basic stuff. Doesn't hold stuff like underworld metals.

My banks and storages are all full of old gear. Stuff that is bound and old and terrible. Did I keep all this crap for some sort of salvage or crafting? Or just because I liked the look of it?

I remember having to hold onto gear .. I think?.. because if you wanted to wear the look of it, you could replace the mods on it and wear it? I think? So it was like a shitty version of just Transmog. But I could be completely wrong? Or off, cause if Im not mistaken, I think I've seen base gear w/o mods have stats on them now.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It's tolerable if you make any purchase IIRC. Somewhere around $5 does it.

Sorry, no. If you're just playing 1-50 for the story, sure. At max level the ridiculously low credit cap will prevent you from buying or selling anything on the AH, including the artifact unlock you would need to wear max level gear. There's also the pvp and pve instance weekly caps.

Basically, 1-50 SWTOR is a single-player FTP game, at max level it's pay-to-play.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Sorry, no. If you're just playing 1-50 for the story, sure. At max level the ridiculously low credit cap will prevent you from buying or selling anything on the AH, including the artifact unlock you would need to wear max level gear. There's also the pvp and pve instance weekly caps.

Basically, 1-50 SWTOR is a single-player FTP game, at max level it's pay-to-play.
The only thing worth doing is the story.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The only thing worth doing is the story.

giphy.gif

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The cap is 1 million now. Also they seem to have increased the amount of unlocked characters you can have to 16, or at least mine seems to be 16.

Artifact gear is 1200 huttbucks. I had a few idle years of authenticator so I built up a bunch, but I'm down to 1500. I blow a couple hundred every time I come back to change my hair and stuff because why not.

I had a good time last night. The fights were a challenge, even just the clearing in to the bosses was close sometimes. I had a few times where I thought I was going to lose and somehow miraculously popped to full health. Eventually realized it was a third npc I had picked up for the story healing.

I thought the npc was just cutting it close but it almost looks like they had it programmed to heal if you fell below 0.

Anyway the boss I had trouble with later was much easier when I let the companion heal. I am a healer type (sorcerererererr) and I wasn't able to keep up with the fight but the companion could.

I read somewhere that the final gearing (which I haven't gotten near yet) is rng based. I'm not going to like that.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
BTW I just noticed, I haven't been gaining any xp haha. I guess you are capped at 70 if unsubbed? I'm guessing eventually I'll hit story stuff that needs a sub but not sure.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The cap is 1 million now.

I'm well aware it's 1 mil. It was 300k before, and they raised it to 1 mil like that made a difference with the current state of the economy. 1 million credits is pocket change. Ripping a single max level mod costs like 60k.

You're stuck at level 70 because you don't own Onslaught, not because you're FTP.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I went ahead and subscribed. They deserve a little money for the fun I've had, though all the difficulty went away again. I think maybe I was just bugged and it was like I had no gear on or something. Everything is easy again.

I spent some time on the markets and they've really put a bunch of armors in. Most are samey but there are some interesting looks. My current:
Current.png

I had to use the snipper tool to get that. The screenshot key has ceased working, a known and very old problem apparently. Annoying.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Dont they have some kind of screen shot clicky they give you early in the game? A clicky. Its an annoying POS due to it taking an inventory slot, but maybe that was their fix back then. I never knew about the bug(?) so I'm just guessing.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, none of the story shit is a challenge like ever. The only thing comes to mind is in one of the expansions when they dont let you have the companion for a few of the quests. Those things are so OP its silly.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, none of the story shit is a challenge like ever. The only thing comes to mind is in one of the expansions when they dont let you have the companion for a few of the quests. Those things are so OP its silly.

In their defense, none of the leveling content in ESO or WoW is challenging either.

• 1Truth!

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Managed to yoink my characters into blender. No rigging, materials are a confused jumble, but the geometry is there at least.
BitOfGear.png

Believe it or not, this is using directx 9. Really makes me feel old.

Because of that they have to draw most of the character bits 4 times to get the materials right.

I wonder if I could make a living at extracting people's characters from games for 3dprinting or vrchat avatars or source filmmaker movies.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I wonder if I could make a living at extracting people's characters from games for 3dprinting or vrchat avatars or source filmmaker movies.
Licensing costs will eat a lot of initial revenue but if you generate enough interest or negotiate a low enough licensing fee it might be worth it.

Daidraco

Licensing costs will eat a lot of initial revenue but if you generate enough interest or negotiate a low enough licensing fee it might be worth it.
No, just have to walk a very obtuse and vague line with everything thats said on media and print. Finally, the scrulpted "art" cannot be a one to one match - Ie, add a Sword or something. I have a friend in Dallas that does something similar for people and its basically word of mouth. To be specific, if the idea is that it is "artistic expression" you can get away with murder when it comes to trademarks as long as its presented as so.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
No, just have to walk a very obtuse and vague line with everything thats said on media and print. Finally, the scrulpted "art" cannot be a one to one match - Ie, add a Sword or something. I have a friend in Dallas that does something similar for people and its basically word of mouth. To be specific, if the idea is that it is "artistic expression" you can get away with murder when it comes to trademarks as long as its presented as so.
If your friend gets successful enough he’ll have fun defending a very expensive copyright lawsuit. Even if he were to wind up being in the legal right at the end. If the idea is to “make a living” doing it, then it would be cheaper to just negotiate up front.