SWTOR

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
There's definitely something really fundamentally broken about damage / armor / gear. I thought for awhile that it was a bug in the scaling down stuff, but I've started noticing it on Onderon after doing dozens of dailies fighting the same stuff at equal level.

Some days I do 2 or 3 abilities and a strong falls over. Some days they take 2 full rounds of my usual chain of 5ish. Some days I'm beaten within an inch of my life by encounters, the next day I don't even take a scratch. Same mobs same positioning same abilities. The consistency is there per day. The fights don't have much luck or variance within a single day or connection, but day to day it varies wildly.

I really noticed it a week or so ago when there was some sort of outage in the morning. I was doing iokath stuff, and every time it disconnected me it rolled me back. So I was doing the same 5 fights in a row repeatedly. Huge variance in damage and damage taken from one disconnect to the next. This was scaled down content though which seems to magnify the problem.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
SWTOR economics explained:

- Full set is listed individually at 9M each
- Bought the chest and relisted at 150M knowing it will sell for that much
- Someone else buys the entire rest of the set
- Receive multiple bids, offers, and trade requests for the chest via mail
- The latest offer was a mail at 4am, obviously wasn't on
- Chest is bought out during the day by last offer dude
- Last offer dude is in fleet Trade channel attempting to sell the whole set for 350M

Malakriss

There's definitely something really fundamentally broken about damage / armor / gear. I thought for awhile that it was a bug in the scaling down stuff, but I've started noticing it on Onderon after doing dozens of dailies fighting the same stuff at equal level.

If you're on a synced planet check to make sure you have i306 and properly have 30 stacks of Veterans of War. Missing a set bonus piece from swapping around gear so you no longer have 306 or a 6-piece boost is very noticeable.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So did I miss this Shae companion or what? How do I get this poo?

Malakriss

Sep 8 - Rakghoul (Alderaan)
Sep 22 - Swoop
Sep 15 until Oct 13 - Double Experience month
until Oct 5 - Subscribe and login for Shae Vizla companion

In two weeks i'm leveling a bunch of swoop alts to 75 that's for damn sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So did I miss this Shae companion or what? How do I get this poo?
I just looked it up. It's a subscriber reward. If you sub at any point between Aug 28 and Oct 5 you'll get Shae. I'm not currently subbed and I keep missing Shae... I do t really want to play swtor right now but I'll probably sub one of these days...ugh

• 1Like

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Haven't played since hitting 50 at launch. Anyone able to point to anything worth reading or give a brief bullet point list of things to aim to do in game please ?

edit : random links I've found which might help new/returning players :

rgnxrO2.jpg

More links in spoiler tags :

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

In their rush fix to nerf relics, they nerfed the rakghoul vaccine kit too. As soon as you take it off vaccine poofs.

edit:
It is intended that if you are not wearing a relic that you lose it's on-use effect as noted, which includes the Antiviral Kit. However, we definitely understand this has gearing implications and so we are looking at ways to make the experience of the Antiviral Kit be less detrimental to your character's power where possible. We will share any updates as we have them and thank you for the feedback.

So basically hope they change it into a reusable stim.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Did HM Eyeless on all my ranged now, only saw 2 pet drops and lost both. Either bust out the melee or start leveling more ranged for the next time the event comes around.

Malakriss

Ion works for Bioware now? How else to explain this shit

Hi friends,

With Game Update 6.1.4 we are introducing a new tier of augments to the game, with materials added to our prestige game modes.

For a little background, we try to strike a balance between the right time to introduce new power to chase into the game and respecting your time invested in getting to the current maximum level of gear. We also want to refresh interest in our prestige modes by adding a very clear incentive while we work on the next batch of new content.

We have a few goals here. First, in PvE, it has been several months since Dxun Master Mode released. Top-end guilds have cleared the content and achieved the timed run achievements. Guilds still progressing in Dxun could use a slight boost to help get over the hill of that next boss, and a slight power bump should help. We don’t want progression to stagnate, and we would also like to make it worth people’s time to farm older Master Modes in order to gear up the next batch of recruits for the most current content.

In PvP, we want to continue to foster more high quality matches in Ranked, especially Group Ranked. So far this year we’ve boosted rewards to that end, but haven’t seen as much movement there as we would like. So, in addition to boosting conquest rewards for Ranked (as indicated in David’s post), we are introducing an additional exclusive reward which is required to build the new augments.

To be clear, these augments will require BOTH the PvE material (only available in Master Mode Operations) AND the PvP material (only available in Ranked) to craft. We acknowledge that many players prefer one mode over the other, however we have a robust trading economy that rewards those who make these scarce materials available either via the Galactic Trade Network or simply trade chat.

Basics

The new Augments will require materials from Master Mode Operations, Ranked PvP Missions and Boxes, and the Cybertech Crew Skill to assemble the new materials. They will be Item Level 300, and named “Superior _____ Augment 77”, depending on the augment. Crafting is split between Armormech, Synthweaving, and Armstech (like existing augments), and those schematics will be available from the Crew Skill Trainer for 35,000 credits.

Details

• Master Mode bosses will drop a new material: OEM-37
    • Most bosses drop 1 in 8-person, 2 in 16-person
    • Final bosses drop 3 in 8-person and 6 in 16-person
    • Dxun bosses will drop 2 in 8-person and 4 in 16-person
    • Apex Vanguard in Dxun will drop 6 in 8-person and 12 in 16-person
  • Ranked PvP Missions and Boxes will drop a new material: RPM -13
    • 50% chance in weekly group ranked box
      • 5 on Weekly Group Ranked Quest
    • 10% chance in daily group ranked box
      • 1 on Daily Group Ranked Quest
    • 25% chance in weekly solo ranked box
      • 0 in Weekly Solo Ranked Quest
    • 5% chance in daily solo ranked box
      • 0 in Daily Solo Ranked Quest
  • Cybertechs will craft a new material: CM-1337
    • This schematic can be purchased from the Crew Skill Trainer for 15,140 credits
  • The 300 Augments ingredients are:
    • 5 Artifact Combo Materials
    • 3 Artifact Secondary Combo Materials
    • 5 Solid Resource Matrix
    • 1 CM-1337
    • 5 Processed Isotope Stabilizer
  • CM-1337 ingredients are:
    • 15 OEM-37
    • 25 RPM-13
    • 5 Legendary Embers

These will be available in the upcoming PTS to try out, so don’t hesitate to pop in and let us know what you think!

-Chris

edit: "Rough math: apparently to gear up 1 toon with 14 new augments we only need 20 years of weekly ranked pvp done and 240 NiM ops for 1 toon - not too much grinding at all - so if you get 8 NiM ops a day, the entire group will be done in 1 month"

edit2: after feedback they slashed mats in half.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

What's this swoop stuff ?
Racing event, 9 daily obstacle courses + 4 weeklies. Once you know what you're doing each race is less than 2 minutes with a bonus objective and bonus time trial. Fastest burst of leveling you can get.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I forgot most of the week. I think I will need another event in the future to get my buggerin beks biker bomber jacket thing I want

Malakriss

Cantina Dash (Hard) takes 9 minutes for one run, and you have to do 25 for one of the hidden achieves. Pure ugh.

qf2wlsgo60v51.png

Malakriss

What is that some kind of cooking event? I've not logged in for awhile
New Thanksgiving annual event. There's two new dailies with easy/hard modes each, the cooking ones aren't bad but the cantina dash is controlling a droid to deliver meals to tables. Hard mode is doing 4 rounds of it. Drags on forever.

Malakriss

Hey everyone!

I wanted to give y'all a heads up about some upcoming category-wide sales on the Cartel Market. Running from November 13th to November 20th starting at 7:00am CST (1:00pm GMT) , the following categories will be on sale:

- 50% off Mounts
- 50% off Mini-pets
- 50% off Companions
- 50% off Emotes

There will be another Cartel Market sale starting November 27th with different categories. Specifics for this sale will be announced a week prior on November 20th. Since we did a cascading sale leading up to Onslaught's release last year, I want to clarify this is not how these sales will function. The sales highlighted above will not carry over to the second sale period.
Not sure which 50% sale period will apply (if any) to the Shroud of Memory extra mission unlock but keep an eye out later this month.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
They did some kind of vague patch on steam that depending on the way you read it, might do away with the accursed patcher. The download was 41 gigs for me and after it launched it just launched the patcher again. I'd play more if I didn't have to bother with a login.

I see comments on steam that say "it's worth it in my opinion not to use the launcher." so maybe for some people it got rid of the launcher entirely? That would be nice.