SWTOR

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I reverse engineered a relic up to the purple 286 level and.. that already requires 8 conquest mats. WTF it's like 4 steps from 306 still.

For slicing I believe if you get Resourceful amplifiers on your gear and manually gather boxes you have a much improved chance to get a crafting mission as well. Better than sending a single lockbox mission. Note that EVERY one of those wealthy mission unlocks has a chance for 1-5 legendary embers, even gathering ones.

What I meant with point 4 was, that you run all the wealthy missions you get on toons with the appropriate trade at level 601+.

I never manually gathered a lockbox on Onderon or Mek-Sha, but I guess that could work, for a more active experiences, aye. It really all depends on the drop rate of the wealthy missions from the lootable lockboxes. Like I said, 50% of the time, it works every..... err, you get a wealthy mission, with a 50 influence companion running the mission every 9 minutes.

If you have, say, 10 toons running the Off the Radar missions (it is the only regular lockbox mission in the 600+ range), the first toon's mission would be done, by the time you got through the cycle. So that would give ~60 missions an hour, at 50% success rate, giving ~30 wealthy missions per hour. Wealthy missions take ~45 min for a level 50 companion, so, the slicing rotation would, most likely, out pace the rate at which you could work through the wealthy missions.

Resource amplifiers dont seem worth rerolling for, but they are a nice extra bonus if you have them. The only one of those that matter, that I could see going for, are the +crit chance on mission complete or skill use. So, if I was going to play longer, and had a different set up, I would have kept some of the amplifiers for pure gathering alts, but half of my toons are in the 50-60 range (10 toons in total, whereas 4 had some other gathering skill over 600). Plus, I would have forgotten to switch to a gathering armor set, half the time, anyways.

Last edited:

Burns

What is the "reroll" thing about? I don't remember seeing that anywhere?

Only Hilts/Barrels/armoring and Amplified Champion set items have performance enhancing amplifiers. When you open your level 75 armor or weapons, you will see the armoring mod say something like Periodic Intensity / Weapon Expertise / Tech Wizardry / Force Sensitivity / etc.. When you mouse over it, it will tell you what it does, in the case of Periodic Intensity it will give up to 2.20% to DoTs, but the other can give 1% to force or tech attacks, 2% to AoE heals, dmg reduction in the first 10 seconds, etc.

Now click on the words Periodic Intensity / Weapon Expertise / Tech Wizardry / Force Sensitivity / etc. and a new reroll window will pop up to give you the option to change the amplifier. The first reroll is 20,000 credits, and it goes up every time you press it.

The augments on the other pieces of gear (ear/implant/relics and the armor/weapon mod slot) only give bonuses to bullshit, like tradeskills, pvp/pve token rewards.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
For tradeskills, I dont think you can reverse engineer any of the level 75 stuff, or make 306 mods. Afaik, the only thing (in regards to player power) tradeskills are good for are consumables (dont know costs) and 286 Augments (that go in the augment slot, at the bottom of armor/main hand/off hand). They cost 600k+ credits, just for the mats to make 1, and you need 14.

For cosmetics, I think there might be some skill level 601+ patterns you can buy from the rando vendor listed below, but I never looked into what they are.

Somewhat related for anyone with an old character: They removed the ability to reverse engineer color crystals years ago. So, if you reverse engineered a purple/black raid color crystals, way back when, you can probably sell them for 100k+ each.
Ah, that takes the wind out of my sails then, I figured I'd eventually get new schematics from stuff I crafted, those seem to be the only things that have a chance to give them. That's how it worked years ago when I played I think, and the dropped ones of course. As cybertech I really don't have anything to make aside from mods ect, I don't even have have grenades that are useable on stuff above 65ish I think.

Well at least I can still slog through crafting invasion stuff and buy the lvl 50 companion tokens, I have to have some autistic goals in a MMO.

Been doing the space missions alot, never really bothered with them before. Pointless to do I assume, but reminds me of playing starfox on snes, and I used to love that game. I'd be more interested in the starfighter stuff, but it's exclusively PvP, meh.

It's funny how much I ended up despising dailys in WoW, but the majority of endgame for SWTOR is literally daily quests. There's hundreds of them, so I guess mixing it up helps, and it feels less like a chore.

Burns

Ah, that takes the wind out of my sails then, I figured I'd eventually get new schematics from stuff I crafted, those seem to be the only things that have a chance to give them. That's how it worked years ago when I played I think, and the dropped ones of course. As cybertech I really don't have anything to make aside from mods ect, I don't even have have grenades that are useable on stuff above 65ish I think.

Well at least I can still slog through crafting invasion stuff and buy the lvl 50 companion tokens, I have to have some autistic goals in a MMO.

Been doing the space missions alot, never really bothered with them before. Pointless to do I assume, but reminds me of playing starfox on snes, and I used to love that game. I'd be more interested in the starfighter stuff, but it's exclusively PvP, meh.

It's funny how much I ended up despising dailys in WoW, but the majority of endgame for SWTOR is literally daily quests. There's hundreds of them, so I guess mixing it up helps, and it feels less like a chore.

I like tradeskills in games too, and remeber the game working as you say. So, I spent entirely too many credits leveling up Cybertech, Artificer, and Synthweaving over 600, before I realized how worthless they are, if I wasn't going to invest 10s of millions into it.

Space combat missions still give XP I think, and XP is XP; maybe not optimal, but not worthless.

I liked Starfighter for a change of pace, as it has no real relation in gameplay to any other part of the game. When starting to play it, you really are starting at zero. The PvP aspect of it is whatever, and I dont think I saw any trash talking in the 30 or so matches I flew, some of which I was bad, like real bad. Vulkk has a decent guide on it HERE.

The flight tokens you get from space missions can buy currency for Starfighter. That way you can go in with more ships and upgrades. Main thing, if you decide to give it a go, unlock all ships first with fleet requisition before you use any tokens that give ship requisition, as ship requisition is only given to unlocked ships.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I was a big fan of the SWG space stuff, why it's kinda disappointing there's no PvE for starfighter. Actually I'm a big fan of the old xwing/tie fighter games, so any halfassed SW space shit
I like tradeskills in games too, and remeber the game working as you say. So, I spent entirely too many credits leveling up Cybertech, Artificer, and Synthweaving over 600, before I realized how worthless they are, if I wasn't going to invest 10s of millions into it.

Space combat missions still give XP I think, and XP is XP; maybe not optimal, but not worthless.

I liked Starfighter for a change of pace, as it has no real relation in gameplay to any other part of the game. When starting to play it, you really are starting at zero. The PvP aspect of it is whatever, and I dont think I saw any trash talking in the 30 or so matches I flew, some of which I was bad, like real bad. Vulkk has a decent guide on it HERE.

The flight tokens you get from space missions can buy currency for Starfighter. That way you can go in with more ships and upgrades. Main thing, if you decide to give it a go, unlock all ships first with fleet requisition before you use any tokens that give ship requisition, as ship requisition is only given to unlocked ships.
I was a big fan of the SWG space stuff, why it's kinda disappointing there's no PvE for starfighter. Actually I'm a big fan of the old xwing/tie fighter games, so any halfassed SW space shit appeals to me. I'll likely get into it eventually, this game is a massive themepark.

Honestly don't know why we haven't had a proper SW flight sim type game in nearly 30 years, the IP alone would still sell copies by itself.

Malakriss

For 150k character perks you can get +30% space mission exp, plus a consumable buff if you desire so it can give some exp. They simply aren't heroic they're solo missions so they don't give xp above and beyond other activities.

I wish I could skip main story to the end on so many alts so i can get right to farming Onderon + Meksha dailies for low effort crates, but you have to put in the story effort on each one to get to that point.

• 1Like

Burns

For 150k character perks you can get +30% space mission exp, plus a consumable buff if you desire so it can give some exp. They simply aren't heroic they're solo missions so they don't give xp above and beyond other activities.

I wish I could skip main story to the end on so many alts so i can get right to farming Onderon + Meksha dailies for low effort crates, but you have to put in the story effort on each one to get to that point.

You have a million cartel coins, you can boost them all!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Malakriss

You have a million cartel coins, you can boot them all!
My alts are 55+ in various states of KOTFE and i've been working some through heroics to get to 71 for conquest at least. I tried a Ossus skip on a 2nd DS character but you still have to go Ossus, Onderon, Meksha story after that for every char. Alliance alerts don't get completed either so you are at the very beginning of the chain with To Find A Findsman.

For people wondering about the defaults on the skip, every DS "kill" choice is taken + it picks Torian. (as Inquisitor)

Last edited:

Burns

My alts are 55+ in various states of KOTFE and i've been working some through heroics to get to 71 for conquest at least. I tried a Ossus skip on a 2nd DS character but you still have to go Ossus, Onderon, Meksha story after that for every char. Alliance alerts don't get completed either so you are at the very beginning of the chain with To Find A Findsman.

For people wondering about the defaults on the skip, every DS "kill" choice is taken + it picks Torian. (as Inquisitor)

Sure, but you can rez all your followers that are "dead" or MIA in the story, outside of Arcan, in one of the small rooms in the Alliance base. I think its in the hall leading to the smugglers den. Arcan is kinda cool, but ultimately, replaceable, and who doesn't want Koche dead, anyways!

I only did all the Alliance alerts on one toon for story, and I never used a single one of them. If they are one of your original class companions, you can get them through the same table thing in the alliance base that resurrects the dead ones.

KOTFE and KOTFE feel so slow, the second time through, after experiencing the Onslaught 70 to 75 xp rate.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Guess I should have checked my cartel stash sooner. Sold a couple tunings, and I don't have to worry about credits for awhile. Amazing how much cosmetic stuff I don't care about goes for. I don't even collect mounts, as the command walker I got ages ago as a drop is my preferred one to use.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I’m having a lot more fun with this than I expected but it’s probably because I’m playing one of the best storylines (Sith Warrior). My biggest complaint by far is how ridiculously easy the game is with a companion heal bot. The most fun fight I had was when it was disabled by the plot. I know I could just not use it but that seems like a bad work around to me.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Behold!

20200810125316_1.jpg

Using 4 piece stationary grit which is 2% alacrity and 3% extra damage while standing still or 10% armor rating while moving, then 2 pieces of stimulated for 2% alacrity and a amplified champion hat that I haven't bothered getting a good amplifier on yet.

I'm still quite short of the ideal 10% alac / 110 accuracy / 40% crit. I think I have too much endurance or something

Malakriss

Screenshot_2020-08-10_14_30_46_589991.jpg

I'm not fully auged out so still have some endurance to go, are you missing datacrons? 6 piece Gathering Storm all have blue augs and lightsaber/head shells have level 65 augs.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I have very very few datacrons. Jumping stuff makes me furious.

The platforming for those was one of my favorite parts. Especially how unreliable some jumps were. It's a very unique rage when the game clips you on an invisible ledge, causing you to fall and lose 5 minutes.

• 2Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It seems like often you hit space and nothing happens and you just walk off the edge.

BTW I've stayed unsubbed. I figured something would annoy me into subbing again but I haven't really needed it for gearing up and such.

They must have removed the limits on flashpoints and such. I've done a ton since my sub ran out on saturday or whenever that was.

I was the guild leader and it demoted me, but I don't really mind. The guy that got promoted is now "princess" though as I changed all the rank names hahahaah

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Awww shit I randomly remembered my password while sitting at work. Brains are retarded objects. Time to be a jedi.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
It seems like often you hit space and nothing happens and you just walk off the edge.

BTW I've stayed unsubbed. I figured something would annoy me into subbing again but I haven't really needed it for gearing up and such.

They must have removed the limits on flashpoints and such. I've done a ton since my sub ran out on saturday or whenever that was.

I was the guild leader and it demoted me, but I don't really mind. The guy that got promoted is now "princess" though as I changed all the rank names hahahaah

i didnt know you are a "good" sith princess lol

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Well I hit dark 5, bought a couple things of the vendor, then switched back to light but there's a long way to go.