SWTOR

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Behold!

View attachment 292032

Using 4 piece stationary grit which is 2% alacrity and 3% extra damage while standing still or 10% armor rating while moving, then 2 pieces of stimulated for 2% alacrity and a amplified champion hat that I haven't bothered getting a good amplifier on yet.

I'm still quite short of the ideal 10% alac / 110 accuracy / 40% crit. I think I have too much endurance or something

If your building for soloing hard stuff, I would look at the set that buffs followers (Taskmaster 4pc), and then get 40-50 presence amplifiers on all your gear. The +presence is the only thing you can get on every piece, I think. So, it would make your follower a beast. I have read a few good reviews on the set, as it allows you to customize how you want to solo. Such as, if you are in easy areas, the companion can murder everything as DPS, then, if you are having trouble switch them to heals (turn off the channeled heal, to add more dps at cost of a little healing).

There are reports of soloing some master modes with this set up (I'm sure this takes a lot of skill). Regardless, soloing most vet FPs would be on the table.

I started working on a set after I had some positive experiences with companions in Vet Flashpoints. In a handful of PuGs, if someone dropped or was kicked for afk, we used a level 50 comp, who performed better than a vast majority of the pre level 75 humans I had, in said PuGs. So, I have most of the mods and enhancements with 40+ presence saved up, but never got around to buying the set, since I had five kids, er alts, to feed (their BiS dps sets).

That said, unfortunately, for pure dps, it will still be outperformed by the BiS DPS sets (Gathering Storm for Lightning Sorc).

P.S. For the Datacrons, they removed the hardest ones, as stat giving Datacrons, so many of them are fairly easy to get. At least until you get to the Makeb one (20 min of hair raising jumps). HERE is a guide of guides on the SWTOR forums for them.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
P.S. For the Datacrons, they removed the hardest ones, as stat giving Datacrons, so many of them are fairly easy to get. At least until you get to the Makeb one (20 min of hair raising jumps). HERE is a guide of guides on the SWTOR forums for them.
I'll give them another try then, Makeb was first I tried, and I said fuck it once my guildwars 2 PTSD resurfaced.

• 1Worf

Malakriss

Newer planet datacrons (aside from the one long Ossus one) seemed to be 1-2 hard jumps and if you can do that you win. A couple are even instanced so you don't have to run back from a medcenter.

• 1Like

Burns

Newer planet datacrons (aside from the one long Ossus one) seemed to be 1-2 hard jumps and if you can do that you win. A couple are even instanced so you don't have to run back from a medcenter.

Furthermore, if you are Sorc/Sage or Sniper/GunSlinger you can use your mark and recall to port back to the start of the jump, while falling.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Sith Warrior story question
By far my least favorite part of the story... Quinn betrays me and I let him live??? Please tell me I get to smoke this asshole at some point. I don't care if he cures space aids after that especially since I've been playing entirely edgelord ruthless mother fucker to that point.

• 1Solidarity

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
OK if i can remember how to make spoiler tags I will explain some stuff for you.
Long story short yes, but it will take a long time. After you finish the basic class story, play through the four expansions and start the Iokath story arc Quinn returns (you lose all your companions at the beginning for the Third expansion KotFE and slowly get them back over the that expansion , KotET expansion and various story content updates and alerts later, as well as getting every other classes companions or options to get most of them plus dozens more.) His story arc on Iokath is short but at the end you have the option of taking him back again or killing that fool, or letting him go do Empire things.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
ugh lame. I searched more after I posted that and found that apparently it’s a leftover from beta (you used to be able to kill him) because he was the only healer follower at the time and people bitched that they killed him and didn’t have a healer.

By far the most jarring thing in the story to this point. Get this piece of shit off my bridge.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Malakriss

I was PVP queueing just to finish off Darth Hexid and it's still utterly ridiculous how good healers are, especially if there's more than one.

Some things never change.

Malakriss

gtn_mistake_2020.jpg

• 12Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've been redoing the post 55 story on my spicy sage. I had a lot of confusion on my main character when various things were mentioned.

Anything to do with Revan is really confusing, and I think I figured out that there were some books written that sort of explain some of it. But the flashpoints really don't.

Anyway the story stuff is so good, really better than I remembered. Oddly I remember some parts really well and others I'd swear I had never been there if I didn't have the gear from it in the bank. This doesn't necessarily correspond to the areas fun factor.

I wonder if any of the knights of the whatever chapters had any updates over the years? Things seem better overall. Like I somehow missed the first time through that Zakuul is really a kind of machine labor post scarcity society almost like you'd get in a Iain Banks or Hamilton novel.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
The Shae companion is going to be a login reward starting end of August, FYI for those that don't have it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Had an issue tonight where for about 2 hours i couldn't send messages in guild. Could send everywhere else and still read, but the weirdest thing is someone else in Nar Shaddaa reported the same issue and i started checking alts and my whole account was affected. Other oddities i heard were someone showing as offline was chatting in guild just fine but would not show up on roster or search.

Database issues?

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Hadn't finished off all the Chapter 2 storylines enough to get all the class buffs yet, was picking away at agent and warrior.

I read such good things about sniper, assumed it would be a fun class. I can see it being great in groups/raids, but holy shit is the class ever annoying to play solo. Companion makes you invincible, but really dislike the cover system. At first I thought the viral sniper would be similar to CM from SWG with the toxic/acid grenades, but the damn aoe range on the grenades are so small. Got Chapter 2 complete on him, and I really don't want to play it again. Story is pretty good, just dislike Sniper, not difficult, just annoying to play imo.

Assassin/Deception is still far and above my favorite to play at "endgame", I think it just reminds me of my solo rogue spec TBC/WLK era. Shitty pathing for the teleport included! I don't even skip most shit with stealth other than flashpoints, my inner child just loves mowing down shit with a lightsaber. Never really tried the tank spec, but at least it's an option.

Malakriss

Sadly, i did not click the mails to screenshot the name but someone put up three listings of 10x Ultimate Cartel Packs for 9M each. As in, 900k per pack so 27M for 30.

Put four up for 9M per to get my money back, will decide whether to open or credits convert later.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So I hadn't really played my spicey sage in years and didn't really remember anything from it. The gear is 100% compatible with my main sorcerer so decided to blast through the 55+ stuff to try to remember what happened. I had some confusion around Revan and the Emperor and such.

Anyway I got through all that, and kind of mostly just tried a different path from my sorcerer. Sorcerer was into Lana so I got friendly with Theron on the sage.

When I got to the end I started looking at the "alerts" where you can get old companions back or companions from other classes and such, and there's one for Felix. Apparently years ago when I leveled up I was in love with Felix and we got hitched or whatever the jedi version of that is. I totally didn't remember.

So when I vanished from the galaxy for 5 years (part of the story) he went looking for me alone and got captured and tortured and had a really bad time for several years. My soldiers busted him out of jail and he's back at my base and now I don't know wtf to do.

I googled around and apparently I can't be a space mormon. Dammit that would have solved everything. Maybe I can relocate my base to salt lake city?

Also I saw this and had to share:

20200823065616_1.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

So apparently the extra cutscene you get for finishing Onslaught story during Dantooine event is actually 400-ish more rep per character? Puts the daily total around 2000 which is dreadful for knocking out 70k worth in a week.

edit: okay WTH I got over 6k rep for the weekly purple token. Seems heavily out of whack.

Last edited: