SWTOR

Cybsled

So the customized play style...is that just them letting you pick a class, but then you can use different class abilities and still look like your original class? Like a FFXIV job system, but with less restrictions on gear appearance?

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Interesting. Too little, too late, and definitely not enough, but this part is kind of cool. I'm sure it'll pull some back. I go back to this game every now and then. Isn't a whole lot to do, but man if they could revamp/update the combat just a tad to make it a bit less janky it'd be enough for me. At this point they really just needa copy WoW's mythic+ and provide some meaningful rewards from that. Wonder what the actual sub-count looks like for this. Bet EQ is actually higher at this point.

For an MMO like this, where the story is the main focus, wonder why there isn't somethin like NG+ with some cool carrots to chase. There is no real "endgame" outside of pvp.

"Introducing Combat Styles! Players can now separate their Class Story from gameplay style for an even greater customization experience. This frees up Advanced Class options as characters can choose any Advanced Class within the Tech or Force playstyle! Play as a Trooper wielding a Sniper Rifle, or a Sith Inquisitor with a lightsaber in each hand, or even secretly use Dark Side powers while posing as a member of the Jedi Order. Loadouts will increase your ability to customize, allowing you to swap between playstyles and gear with a click."

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wow. That really should have been how it launched years ago regarding classes. Maybe if I zip through FF14, I'll take that for a spin again.

Did they ever add story mode ops? Last time I tried to play, I waited hours for a flashpoint queue to pop and it never did. I played a damn tank. Really seems they've added hardly any content in 10 years. Probably should have just boxed this up into some weird offline version and sold it for $35 a pop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Hmm interesting. I really haven't played this in forever. I tried to and was 100% lost because they had changed so much. I couldnt even figure out how to use my ship to go to a planet anymore lol

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I played this about 2 yrs ago maybe less? Took a character through all the story plus all expansions. Plus ground some dungeons out with matchmaking as well. I had fun.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I played awhile back. Got my gear up to max and level 69 or whatever. There was a long delay because of virus stuff for new story to come out, so I probably only have an hour or so of new stuff to see.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game is next on my list after I get expansion ready in FFXIV. I think I stopped on the knights of the eternal.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So wait can I be a smuggler with a lightsaber? Wtf am i reading? Or that violates the tech / force class separation? Sucks, would be nice.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So wait can I be a smuggler with a lightsaber? Wtf am i reading? Or that violates the tech / force class separation? Sucks, would be nice.
Honestly I can’t tell if this is immersion breaking or not. I guess not, but I thought I recall certain class stories having scenes with specific weapons needed. I guess maybe those are generic enough? Like is my smuggler gonna fire with air guns at some dude in a cutscene if I’m rolling out a cannon In normal combat?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Honestly I can’t tell if this is immersion breaking or not. I guess not, but I thought I recall certain class stories having scenes with specific weapons needed. I guess maybe those are generic enough? Like is my smuggler gonna fire with air guns at some dude in a cutscene if I’m rolling out a cannon In normal combat?
ducking behind cover with a cannon sounds hilarious.

I might play if I dont have to wear a dress as a sage.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

No, as you said, combat styles are split between force and tech. So a "jedi" or "sith" character can use any force combat style (From the more wizard ones, to tank ones).

Meanwhile, Bounty Hunters, Smugglers, Troopers and Operatives can all use each others advanced classes (IE the tech classes). So a bounty hunter can use a rifle or carbine, finally---while a smuggler can use the BH pistol stuff.

It really should have launched like this. I love the BH class design, but it always bugged me that the fucking Smuggler/operatives could use rifles/carbines but the BH never got the option to.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
No, combat styles are split between force and tech. So a "jedi" or "sith" character can use any force combat style (From the more wizard ones, to tank ones).

Meanwhile, Bounty Hunters, Smugglers, Troopers and Operatives can all use each others advanced classes. So a bounty hunter can use a rifle or carbine, finally---while a smuggler can use the BH pistol stuff.

It really should have launched like this. I love the BH class design, but it always bugged me that the fucking Smuggler/operatives could use rifles/carbines but the BH never got the option to.
So do I get the combat skills with a rifle or its just cosmetic?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So do I get the combat skills with a rifle or its just cosmetic?

You get the combat skills. You are essentially that class, but keep your comestics of the base class.

So the base class is just fashion quest now--that's how your class will look in terms of armor ect. How it will play will be whatever advanced class you pick.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
You get the combat skills. You are essentially that class, but keep your comestics of the base class.

So the base class is just fashion quest now--that's how your class will look in terms of armor ect. How it will play will be whatever advanced class you pick.
Sounds good to me. I can wear actual armor instead of a dress and still be a space wizard then.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I just logged in. Turned to look behind me, spun a complete circle 3 times :emoji_laughing:

Forgot how crazy high the sensitivity is. I have it on the smallest possible amount. How do they not fix that after all these years?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They added only 1-2 chapters after covid delayed them iirc. Rather disappointing to say the least.