SWTOR

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Currently, SWTOR has a Master Loot option which allows the party leader to choose who receives each gear piece and a Group Loot option where gear must be rolled on by members of the party and highest roll wins. This has led to unwanted friction during the loot process, so we are working to build an efficient process that removes this type of negative player experience and potentially harmful behaviors. In order to achieve this, we will be removing the Master Loot system to bring us closer to what we are calling the Personal Loot system.

This means that gear you get will go directly into your inventory. No more rolling, no more choosing who wins items. Part of our modernization efforts include improving the loot experience for all players. We know there are groups who used the Master Loot system to distribute gear. We want to reassure you that with these changes gear will still remain tradeable within your group for 2 hours and chat logs will still record who gear was given to.
Repeating WoW's failures, one step at a time

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
One of the worst things WoW ever did, took away the excitement and rush of possibly winning something. As well as getting to take a look at class specific gear for alts. It was even more retarded when you had your Legendary weapon and got even less carrots to chase.

Malakriss

Clarification on how the new loot system will work (goes in on Tuesday)

4702e165d561ff8c3b599c3a209a2bf6.png

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Anybody still playing this game? I recently re-installed SWTOR. I'm playing through the class story lines again. Started with the Sith Juggernaut.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I played it maybe a year or so ago? Maybe year and a half? Dont remember but yeah its fun. I played through all the story lines (live game + expansions) on a sith marauder.

Malakriss

Their current (last) xpac was light on content, primarily due to covid, and the upcoming one that is delayed looks to be the same. Vanilla 1-50 story still overshadows everything that came after, so you really only need to play through everything post-50 once per faction and then skip it all on your alts.

The main feature for the now delayed xpac was to let you choose two weapon styles not tied to your story class. That has since been neutered and restricted for existing characters because of how awful their database is. The PTS build is a buggy mess and there is still no solution to the client's scaling problems with 4K resolution.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'm mainly planning to just play through all of the class stories. They got a lot of flack back in the day when the game came out, but to me, the game has some of the best solo story-based content in the industry. Just my opinion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I'm mainly planning to just play through all of the class stories. They got a lot of flack back in the day when the game came out, but to me, the game has some of the best solo story-based content in the industry. Just my opinion.
I've never played SWTOR but watched all of the cutscene videos on youtube. That's just how good it is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Their current (last) xpac was light on content, primarily due to covid, and the upcoming one that is delayed looks to be the same. Vanilla 1-50 story still overshadows everything that came after, so you really only need to play through everything post-50 once per faction and then skip it all on your alts.

The main feature for the now delayed xpac was to let you choose two weapon styles not tied to your story class. That has since been neutered and restricted for existing characters because of how awful their database is. The PTS build is a buggy mess and there is still no solution to the client's scaling problems with 4K resolution.
The one expansion with the story of the 2 brothers was pretty good I thought.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I've never played SWTOR but watched all of the cutscene videos on youtube. That's just how good it is.
They spent a ton on developing this game, and the original content shows it. I'd love to see an expansions come out that is as good as the original content, but that kind of content isn't cheap. There's no way they would spends hundreds of millions on an expansion.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They spent a ton on developing this game, and the original content shows it. I'd love to see an expansions come out that is as good as the original content, but that kind of content isn't cheap. There's no way they would spends hundreds of millions on an expansion.
They made a ton of money on this game too. During its hay days this shit was banking them a cool 200m per year and was top 10 earning mmorpg for a long time. So its not like they wasted this or anything.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
They made a ton of money on this game too. During its hay days this shit was banking them a cool 200m per year and was top 10 earning mmorpg for a long time. So its not like they wasted this or anything.
Granted it's been a decade since it came out, but if I remember correctly they spent between 200 and 300 million on the original game. I had no idea they made that much though.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
These were all good.... The below were all story content just like the OG game.

What you need to do is subscribe for one month and you get them all free. Well not free but you know what I mean. Plus if you subscribe for a month you also get more shit open up to you for life. Even if you cancel after only one month.

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan3.0December 9th, 2014
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire4.0October 27th, 2015
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Eternal Throne5.0December 2nd, 2016

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
These were all good.... The below were all story content just like the OG game.

What you need to do is subscribe for one month and you get them all free. Well not free but you know what I mean. Plus if you subscribe for a month you also get more shit open up to you for life. Even if you cancel after only one month.

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan3.0December 9th, 2014
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire4.0October 27th, 2015
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Eternal Throne5.0December 2nd, 2016
Sounds good. I clearly have missed a lot with the happenings of this game over the years. I bought the collector's edition back in the day, no idea if that gets me anything special now or not though.

I'll toss em a month of subscription.

Daidraco

Holy shit.. they have made that much? Ok. I stand corrected. They need to put a good 100 million dollar expansion out.
I would rather them start up a new service than try to resurrect this one. This one just wont garner a lot of attention simply because of its age and the amount of bloat the game already has. The original design for the game reached for the stars, literally. Then after they found the limits of this games shitty engine - they had to scale everything back to mediocre levels. I thought it was so cool and sad, getting into areas on stations and seeing where they had bigger plans and just gutted them because there was no need without free flight. You can find a lot of stuff like this in the original base game and its just a huge bag of mixed emotions. I'm hoping that the average users PC and the industries tech in general will get to a point where they can once again do big ass projects like this one and they blow it out of the water its so good.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Meh todays Bioware is not yesterdays bioware. They could not make a good game today if their life depended on it.

But SWTOR always will be good game for the SW nerds that like story. And if you want to go further with raids and PvP its got its own scene for that too. But I never partook in any of that. Just played the story shit.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I played through as Jedi Sage a month or so ago. I didn't sub until I hit 50, and the free-restrictions weren't bad at all, so if you're bored give it a shot.

The story was pretty decent, but at least in my story arc, I was rolling my eyes by the literally 10th time some random jedi master was taken over by some evil force. Like really? I was having flashbacks to FarCry5 and getting captured 15 times :p

Also, it was 0 challenge, I was under no threat of dying, at least while working on the main storyline quests. Companions can feel a bit OP, but I guess at the end of the day most of us find it fun to be godlike :p Just know it's easier than most MMOs