SWTOR

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I started replaying this game about a month ago and didn't know this was coming out until yesterday.

I've been enjoying the leveling experience and going through the story for each class. I've done 2/8 so far. Marauder and Sorcerer.

It's simple, but it's still fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I ran through 3 of the class stories over the last two months and aside from a dated game engine it's pretty solid.

I bet if it was released today with updated graphics/engine it would be pretty popular. Too bad they screwed it up at launch =O

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I ran through 3 of the class stories over the last two months and aside from a dated game engine it's pretty solid.

I bet if it was released today with updated graphics/engine it would be pretty popular. Too bad they screwed it up at launch =O
They might have screwed the pooch at launch but they made Billions on this game. This is why its still being updated today.

Sterling

El Presidente
Ehhh...sweet visuals and awesome combat, as usual, but I don't give a fuck about S Jedi W and her pink fucking lightsaber.
They've had magenta sabers in the game since the beginning.

This cinematic looks awesome, just like all the others.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
They've had magenta sabers in the game since the beginning.

This cinematic looks awesome, just like all the others.

But, it wasn't magenta, it was straight pink. And, yeah they've had those lame colors in the game, but never in the cinematics. It looks dumb.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
They might have screwed the pooch at launch but they made Billions on this game. This is why its still being updated today.

For sure. I am curious what their cash flow would look like now though or if they just keep it going from previous earnings. If you are a story only player and/or don't raid there is literally zero reason to sub and the cash shop was so bland I didn't spend anything and I'm usually pretty open with my wallet for cosmetics.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
For sure. I am curious what their cash flow would look like now though or if they just keep it going from previous earnings. If you are a story only player and/or don't raid there is literally zero reason to sub and the cash shop was so bland I didn't spend anything and I'm usually pretty open with my wallet for cosmetics.
Well you do need to sub at least once to get the story exp packs to unlock for your account if youre only a story guy. There is some cool stories above the base class stories in game with all the expansions they have. So there is that. Im not sure about the latest and greatest story stuff like the above. Not sure if you have to actually purchase that or sub again.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Do you still need 6 action bars and they only give f2p like 2?
well they just did some ability pruning this expac, but yeah, i use 4 action bars (though i could get away with 2 if i REALLY needed)

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
They got rid of the 2 hotbar f2p restriction like a week after it launched, due to massive outcry.

Playing without a sub is still kinda aids. But, I do like the fact that when you sub they give you all expansions, including the new one.

j00t

Did they? I don't remember them getting rid of that... There are a couple of unlocks that you should buy with the cartel coins they give you for subbing that basically turn the f2p version into a sub version; the hotbar being one of them.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
They pruned down the hotbar insanity years ago. They also rebalance classes every expac so shit always changing. I haven't played this expac yet but you only have 2 and a half hotbars worth of abilities and that's including mounts and sprint and quick travel and shit. All my dudes have combat abilities on a single expanded hot bar with a 2nd hotbar for buffs/cooldowns.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Haven't played and certainly don't plan to play 7.X for awhile given how much people hate it. One planet and one story flashpoint for the "expansion" it seems? Then they nuked so much old stuff and "updated" the UI...

• 1Barf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
So I looked over to /r/swtor and boi 7.0 seems to be well received. Artistically everyone complains but what confuses me is that people claim "this is no longer what the game used to be" gameplay wise. What happened? I planed to come back because overhaul and stuff.

j00t

From what I understand, the focus of 7.0 is group content. Before that it was a single player game with other people running around here and there.

You could get bis gear without really focusing on raiding, but now you can't. I guess?

For what it's worth, I still suggest any star wars fans to play through at least to the infinite empire stuff. It's sad how a non canon f2p mmo blows the movies out of the water, story-wise. Vitiate is the emperor that palpatine wishes he could be

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
They kind of wrote themselves into a corner with you, depending on your choices, becoming emperor of the entire galaxy by the end of eternal throne. Took iocath, onslaught, jedi under siege to untangle that mess and kinda soft reset back to emp vs republic

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I really enjoyed playing this about 4 or 5 months ago. The only thing I didn't love was a bit of ability bloat. Did they at least clean up the combat and make it flow better?

Some of those art choices are retarded.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The sub reward for logging in 4 days this week is an extra galactic seasons token.

If you're already burning your money might as well maximize.

• 1Like