SWTOR

Raes

Vyemm Raider
At launch there was a bug with planet commendations that the game sent to you by mail. If you collected the commendations and didn't delete the mail, when you reopened the mail a new commendation would be generated. You could do this endlessly as long as you didn't delete the mail. I set up a mouse macro, sped it up, and let it run til I had enough millions to buy everything I needed credits for (storage space, etc.), and the 1 mil vendor vehicle that I was afraid to use much, because it was way too soon for anyone to have that many credits. I'm sure that bug had more of an effect on the game economy than any (supposed) dev back door.

I also think that the "more subs after f2p" is complete bullshit. And the reason given "slaughtering the poors" is fucking retarded.

Cybsled

More subs after F2P makes sense if you look at how gimped the original F2P restrictions were. Like they even limited your hot bars and crap. Wouldn't surprise me if people tried the game for free, realized the restrictions sucked ass, and ponied up some money to get rid of them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider
More subs after F2P makes sense if you look at how gimped the original F2P restrictions were. Like they even limited your hot bars and crap. Wouldn't surprise me if people tried the game for free, realized the restrictions sucked ass, and ponied up some money to get rid of them.

You're just making an unfounded assumption. Weren't you there? I was, and so were many here. The game was dying and the playerbase shrinking fast. F2P let them keep the lights on, but that's about it. And yeah, the hotbar limitation was fucktarded, and people complained and they removed it like a week later.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I do remember one of the pay crystals being bugged and doing a lot of extra damage.

I didin't find out exactly what it was until they fixed it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The only thing that sucked for me when they transitioned to the f2p was they removed all the boss loot I used to farm for and put it all on the market. like the brown light sabers and other shit that you could upgrade and keep using with better and higher level components. I quit in disgust over that change.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I’ve been on a rampage of reinstalling MMO’s lately and just got around to trying out the new patch in SWTOR last night. I have to say, compared to some of the older stuff out there like Neverwinter, GW2, ESO, and even newer releases like Swords of Legends this game actually looks, plays, and sounds pretty good.

I’m going to keep screwing around with a new character until it gets old or the wotlk prepatch I guess.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I’ve been on a rampage of reinstalling MMO’s lately and just got around to trying out the new patch in SWTOR last night. I have to say, compared to some of the older stuff out there like Neverwinter, GW2, ESO, and even newer releases like Swords of Legends this game actually looks, plays, and sounds pretty good.

I’m going to keep screwing around with a new character until it gets old or the wotlk prepatch I guess.
Ive been meaning to reinstall SWTOR - but since you're much further into than me.. does the game still look dated af in the newer areas? Between the UI and the launch areas, I just lose interest so fkn fast.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Compared to the games I mentioned I thought it looked fine. It’s not BDO or the new WoW zones but it’s passable if you’re into Star Wars IMO.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Back when I played it like 2 yrs ago it was solid time for a tab target MMO. Took a marauder through the story plus all the expansion stories. If you like the whole SW thing this is def solid. The sounds, the music, the stories are all top notch for a mmo. They dumbed down a lot of the leveling, took many of the silver and gold enemies out so the difficulty is kinda meh.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Subs should log in 4 days this week for a token

zxddri06ggj91.png

Malakriss

What's that token buy? Also, the game got a bump when it got listed on Steam, did that hold out, or settle back down to pre steam activity?
Various old subscriber rewards, companions from past events, newer seasonal items. They cost 1-8 tokens per and you only get ~15 from each season.

Population got more of a bump from 7.1 (new op higher gear) but is already going back down.

• 1Like

Malakriss

64-bit client being released today
Galactic Season 4
Nickel and Dime-ing everyone on travel/repair costs in a worthless attempt to slow inflation which only penalizes the poor

• 2Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I was hooked until I hit the Eternal Empire expansions. Then losing your companions and having to quest them back, except for one that I lost permanently was a deal breaker. Good game up until then though.

• 1Solidarity

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I was hooked until I hit the Eternal Empire expansions. Then losing your companions and having to quest them back, except for one that I lost permanently was a deal breaker. Good game up until then though.
That story was pretty good despite that but I never finished it. I got to the mid point and never went back.

• 1Like

Cybsled

That confused me greatly. I logged in to find all my companions missing and I couldn’t even figure out how to leave the space station, not to mention classes being completely different. I ended up uninstalling

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like