SWTOR

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
See that transition was probably the best part of SWTOR. actual storylines with major impacts to the game world.

Note you get all your companions back. Most you get back via the storylines, you catch up to what they've been up to in the 5 years you've been frozen in carbonite.
Some you have to just request back from your base because they don't have quests yet*

*it all had to do with the voice actors, who they could get to come back and do voice work, and how cheaply. Generic alien types using made up languages you got back immediately, along with anyone voiced internally from karen in accounting. The voice actors they had to pay, well took a while to get some of them to come back...

Kaines

Potato Supreme
See that transition was probably the best part of SWTOR. actual storylines with major impacts to the game world.

Note you get all your companions back. Most you get back via the storylines, you catch up to what they've been up to in the 5 years you've been frozen in carbonite.
Some you have to just request back from your base because they don't have quests yet*

*it all had to do with the voice actors, who they could get to come back and do voice work, and how cheaply. Generic alien types using made up languages you got back immediately, along with anyone voiced internally from karen in accounting. The voice actors they had to pay, well took a while to get some of them to come back...
This is not 100% accurate for the Imperial Agent. You lose a particular companion permanently.

I agree the storyline was at least well done, but having to reaquire companions I spent levels and levels with was just stupid. So that's where I left it.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Didn’t the Sith warrior lose his fucktoy apprentice for good? That Rachel Leigh Cook chick?

Say what you will, this game was about one of the best Star Wars experiences and the 1-50 holds up mostly today.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The huge exp boost version a couple years ago was great. No bullshit, just story

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you go far enough all of the original class companions are available aside from a specific one or two removed for permanent story resolutions.

Daily heroics with transports directly to the quest spots are great experience, if they have a swoop race event you can do 9 races a day plus weeklies to chunk levels with zero combat.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Didn’t the Sith warrior lose his fucktoy apprentice for good? That Rachel Leigh Cook chick?

Say what you will, this game was about one of the best Star Wars experiences and the 1-50 holds up mostly today.
nah you get all your companions back.

like I said some of them came back many years after the fact when they could afford to bring the Voice actor back. but you get them all back. i mean yeah the imperial agent has <story> reason why one of theirs isnt a "companion" any more but they still come back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I re-upped again to have something to do until D4 comes out.
Edit: wow the double XP event is blowing the doors off. I leveled from 1-35 in like two easy days of play.

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Waiting for customer service to wake up so I can remove security key and reup. Caught this on Worst MMO Ever? and got the bug.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Not really, at least for me. Back in the day I considered AO one of the best and spent considerable time in that game in early 2Ks It was truly a unique game and for its time it basically innovated and revolutionized many parts of the MMORPG. And SWTOR is still the best story mmo ever and 1000% more if youre a SW nerd..

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ttis is still in like the top 4 MMOS of all time for me. EQ, AO, WOW and this prob...
I agree.

I’d rate WoW, SWToR, launch Rift was good then FF14 then gw2. I’m not sure I’d really consider FF14 at this stage.

only reason eq isn’t there is I only played a month or so. Realized I would have failed out of college and stopped. Some regrets but it is what it is.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
as far as story goes SWTOR is #1 by a lot, then ESO...then another huge drop then eventually FF14.

• 1Moron

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Have to disagree there. Story in FF14 is also stellar. Last 2 expansions especially.

• 3Like

Merrith

Yeah frankly while the original class stories in SWTOR were great, at this point FF14 story has surpassed it all for me, even being a SW nerd.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

SWTOR is just old/dated and bloated as fuck at this point. Which I think is a major problem WoW also has. Doing anything in the games as they are at this age, just exudes that feeling that you're wasting your time. New content or old content, you know - by clear example - that the new content is just as worthless as the old content.

Still have some good memories out of SWTOR - the launch crew I was with was out of P99 and I never thought we would get world rankings for that stupid fucking Hutt raid.

• 2Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I played SW:TOR at launch. Imp Agent because I loved the idea of them, and the story turned out to be so good very little has ever come close to it.

• 2Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not really, at least for me. Back in the day I considered AO one of the best and spent considerable time in that game in early 2Ks It was truly a unique game and for its time it basically innovated and revolutionized many parts of the MMORPG. And SWTOR is still the best story mmo ever and 1000% more if youre a SW nerd..
I was super into Anarchy Online until I maxed out shadow knowledge on a Keeper and burnt my soul to a husk grinding rock dudes.

• 3Like