SWTOR

moontayle

Golden Squire
Mercs are a lot more mobile these days too. Still some turret syndrome but that's only when you're rate-limited on some procs.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm really like PowerTech, the one tree(Adv. Prototype?) has an Iron Man vibe to it I find fun.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
After getting a little frustrated with the EQ2 PvP community a lot of them have been moving to SWTOR. They said the PvP games are fun enough to get your PvP feel and the story justifies the rest. Really considering it but wasn't sure if the timing is good where an expansion is coming out soon? Thought about waiting to see if the expansion was a good or bad thing and also curious if it was necessary to subscribe?

moontayle

Golden Squire
Aside from a lack of real, open-world PvP objectives, SWTOR PvP is some of the best I've experienced. I sometimes wish there was more content (okay, all the time), but I can't fault what's there (except Ancient Hypergate, fuck that map) and nearly four years into this I still love doing it.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Aside from a lack of real, open-world PvP objectives, SWTOR PvP is some of the best I've experienced. I sometimes wish there was more content (okay, all the time), but I can't fault what's there (except Ancient Hypergate, fuck that map) and nearly four years into this I still love doing it.
Did they not have an Open-PvP world zone? Seems like I remember it vaguely but I never really fooled much with it.

Also, seems like it is best to start from scratch? Correct? I have a couple of maxed... or at least maxed for their time.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Did they not have an Open-PvP world zone? Seems like I remember it vaguely but I never really fooled much with it.

Also, seems like it is best to start from scratch? Correct? I have a couple of maxed... or at least maxed for their time.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm

They did it was Ilum but there shitty engine couldn't handle it and they nixed it. You can re roll so to speak at least for a few levels but the game isn't overly complicated and within 15 mins of playing and bit of reading you should have it down.. I go months with out playing land in a warzone out dps, out kill, out objective the majority of people but this game isn't known for having the cream on the crop PVP'er it's kinda like being a senior in high school and fucking up 5th graders/

Skrigg

Golden Squire
Ok so started again on Harbinger, have about 20m credits and 5k cartel coins, assuming Im a subscriber and have rocket boots, what should I buy? Im just really behind on whats good on the market.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Harbringer has the most saturated market of any server so your good options are a) the new hotness or b) saving the hotness for weeks/months until it's out of print and marking up. There's also been a bunch of people with stolen credit cards dumping tons of packs and unlocks onto all servers each weekend, you'll recognize them by the ASCII character names and "who the hell would spend that much on..." effects.

I think the next pack is due out in a week or two, last pack of a shipment too so it will have lots of stuff people want.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
Harbringer has the most saturated market of any server so your good options are a) the new hotness or b) saving the hotness for weeks/months until it's out of print and marking up. There's also been a bunch of people with stolen credit cards dumping tons of packs and unlocks onto all servers each weekend, you'll recognize them by the ASCII character names and "who the hell would spend that much on..." effects.

I think the next pack is due out in a week or two, last pack of a shipment too so it will have lots of stuff people want.
Good advice, thanks.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any suggestions on which server to roll on? Do we have a group anywhere by chance?
I rolled on Ebon Hawk last year, and the population seems pretty solid atm. I've been playing 4 classes, 2 of each faction, and the zones are pretty populated.Here's a good forum post about life on Ebon Hawk that was linked on Reddit this morning I think. So far, only into mid 20s and having done some auctioning, it seems accurate. Lowbie pvp is definitely derpie, or derp vs. premade. People are friendly. I've been looking at guilds, and none of them are really catching my eye so far though. I just started a female inquisitor, going sorc, and it's my favorite story so far. Love the sarcastic, no-fucks-given responses to almost every conversation so far.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm really enjoying my Powertech build. Just about to hit 30 and I'm almost finished with Nar Shadda. I don't know why, but Dromund Kas and Balmora? both drag like hell. I've done the Pub side run so many times now that I want to puke rather than do Coruscant again, but it doesn't drag like Imp side does for me. I am excited to see some of the mid/high level planets though since I've never ran Imp side before.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm really enjoying my Powertech build. Just about to hit 30 and I'm almost finished with Nar Shadda. I don't know why, but Dromund Kas and Balmora? both drag like hell. I've done the Pub side run so many times now that I want to puke rather than do Coruscant again, but it doesn't drag like Imp side does for me. I am excited to see some of the mid/high level planets though since I've never ran Imp side before.
I'm the complete opposite. I love Dromund Kaas and Imp Balmorra/Taris, but fuck Coruscant and Republic Taris/Balmorra.

Powertech is super fun. If my guild weren't a bunch of Republic pussies, I'd probably have that as my main. I can't be assed to finish off my Vanguard though.