SWTOR

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
RAF gives the x12 exp, correct?
No, it's a perk of being a subscriber. After the expansion releases next month, the baseline game will have it built in for class quests, so it will then be for everyone, including free players.

If you were a previous subscriber though, one of the RAF perks is a free 7 days of sub time, which is more than enough to level one or more classes from 1 to 55 with 12x.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
No, it's a perk of being a subscriber. After the expansion releases next month, the baseline game will have it built in for class quests, so it will then be for everyone, including free players.

If you were a previous subscriber though, one of the RAF perks is a free 7 days of sub time, which is more than enough to level one or more classes from 1 to 55 with 12x.
Ok cool. Subscribed in 2011... lol. If you were in beta we get x24 right?!
cool.png

moontayle

Golden Squire
Rundownof the live stream last night. Lots of good shit, good QOL improvements. Some iffy stuff (the deleveling on older content, but GW2 manages so w/e), but overall pretty positive.

Except the lack of PvP anything. That makes me super sad sith.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I saw that. I like the idea but I'm not holding out hope for the playerbase to grok it. Ancient Hypergate is 3 years old and people still fuck it up.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Nope. It's just plain going away. The expansion will boost class and planet quest xp by 75%, the intention being you have 2 simultaneous chains going at the same time (class + planet) to cover your leveling needs, no side quests or bonus series needed. Finish your class quests now if you want the absolute fastest experience.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
What sort of reputation vendors have 1 credit items? I think the only reputation stuff I ever raised was the pilot stuff, to get the outfit. Then right after that they gave everyone 4 pilot suits for free. Thanks.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Every time they screwed up and failed to put a decoration in a pack they would put it on the vendor for 1 credit. Then there was that time they made the item have a sell value and... yeah...

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
EDIT: Was already mentioned above:

SWTOR will introduce level scaling with the new expansion...http://massivelyop.com/2015/10/01/sw...fallen-empire/

I never liked it in GW2 and i sure as hell dont like it in SWTOR, what the fuck are they doing with his game?

If they would make it optional like in Rift i could live with it, but forced deleveling everywhere is no for me
frown.png

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
EDIT: Was already mentioned above:

SWTOR will introduce level scaling with the new expansion...http://massivelyop.com/2015/10/01/sw...fallen-empire/

I never liked it in GW2 and i sure as hell dont like it in SWTOR, what the fuck are they doing with his game?

If they would make it optional like in Rift i could live with it, but forced deleveling everywhere is no for me
frown.png
yeah that was one of the worst parts about gw2. the world was already bland and generic enough to feel like a treadmill, but the automagically deleveling it completely shattered any sense of progress and set that treadmill to one speed. No point in going back cus the fire beetles that kicked your ass at level 3 still kick your ass at level 80. Add to that the filling up hearts instead of vacuuming up ! "cus quest hubs are bad or something" which put that treadmill in a hallway in which you could only travel in 1 direction.

But some retards think that's the "epitome of fun mmo leveling" in the pantheon thread.

It's fucking stupid but I can see the benefit for SWTOR, since they reuse earlier planets for class quest locations, adds a bit of tedium, er, challenge, to those class quests.

But yeah if you haven't already i'd get all your holocrons now before that shit changes.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
From a PVE perspective the level synching doesn't make sense, especially when combined with the new streamlining that is replacing 12X but still speeding up the leveling process to where you only need to do class + planet storyline to level up.

From a PVP perspective, level synching makes sense if the intent is to cut down on players at level cap going to lower level planets and ganking lowbies. Now the playing field will be a lot more even.

From an overall perspective, why devote developer resources to fix a problem that doesn't exist or add a new system that the player base never asked for?

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
What sort of reputation vendors have 1 credit items? I think the only reputation stuff I ever raised was the pilot stuff, to get the outfit. Then right after that they gave everyone 4 pilot suits for free. Thanks.
There were 1 credit banners for both factions for sale that allowed you to buy 99 of (those big Jedi/Empire banners that hang down), some other statues and crap. I found all of that last time I was subbed (6 months ago roughly) at the Bazaar/Faction area in the basement decks on the fleets. Dunno if they still sell them anymore though.

Easy way to theme out multiple houses if you get houses on both factions, Sith banners in the halls in DK, Jedi at Coruscant.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
From a PVE perspective the level synching doesn't make sense, especially when combined with the new streamlining that is replacing 12X but still speeding up the leveling process to where you only need to do class + planet storyline to level up.

From a PVP perspective, level synching makes sense if the intent is to cut down on players at level cap going to lower level planets and ganking lowbies. Now the playing field will be a lot more even.

From an overall perspective, why devote developer resources to fix a problem that doesn't exist or add a new system that the player base never asked for?
I asked for it! Thanks Bioware for complying, I'm rescinding my "You have 14 days" ultimatum now. Joke aside, it means there is more level-appropriate, optional content for any given character then before. That's a good thing in my book. If you wouldnt do content that you outleveled anyway, then who cares. If you do care to do it, it's certainly more fun when the mobs are your level. Like I said early, a selectable option to downscale would be less controversial. But between no downscaling and forced downscaling, I prefer the latter.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Sith warrior is one of the classes I haven't completed the class story for yet. Guildmate highly recommended to romance dark side Jaesa for the entertainment value of her comments. Another guildmate said the British female voice actor for Sith warrior was significantly better than the British male actor.

Does the game now support same sex romance? I know in SoR my male JK could flirt with the male Republic agent Shan. If it doesn't allow same sex romance, any recommendation for what to go with? Male character romancing dark side Jaesa or listening to the British female voice actor for all the cut scenes?

moontayle

Golden Squire
I can probably count the number of times leveling scaling might impact me on one hand. But then I spend 90% of my time on fleet so what do I know?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Sith warrior is one of the classes I haven't completed the class story for yet. Guildmate highly recommended to romance dark side Jaesa for the entertainment value of her comments. Another guildmate said the British female voice actor for Sith warrior was significantly better than the British male actor.

Does the game now support same sex romance? I know in SoR my male JK could flirt with the male Republic agent Shan. If it doesn't allow same sex romance, any recommendation for what to go with? Male character romancing dark side Jaesa or listening to the British female voice actor for all the cut scenes?
Females can't romance Jaesa. You can also Romance Vette at have her get kinky with the shock collar.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Combat Changes in Fallen Empire | Star Wars: The Old Republic
To ensure that Critical Hit Chance is never a wasted stat, any abilities that automatically critically hit now convert any Critical Hit beyond 100% into additional critical damage.
edit: per guild and forum discussion sorcs can now use Recklessness for +60% crit chance, clicky crit relic, and base crit chance that all gets rolled into around 200% surge.

moontayle

Golden Squire
hi2u burst

It's a good change though. Crit relics/crystals were basically afterthoughts. I might bank a few and see what the market is like at the end of the month. Could see that being the new flava.