SWTOR

Arakkis

N00b
The rocket boots give you a speed burst in areas you are not able to use a mount. Super useful, put that on a hotkey. The quick travel thing is a reduction on the cooldown of quick travel I think.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Yeah I know what they do. I was going to start on a new server, but I have a server with some level 30/40 toons. I have a Legacy stuff already that I unocked last time I tried to play.Might as well start on that server rather than fresh.

Shame I don't know anyone on this server, but I'm probably not going to be playing any significant time that it actually matters.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Well, for what it's worth, I can probably get you a guild invite on Shadowlands. My schedule is super fucked up (I generally am only able to play late nights and on weekends) so I can't speak as to how active they are during prime time hours. If nothing else, it has enough members for the experience and rep bonuses.

Guess I should have specified it would be Imperial side.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
The CC cost for the initial purchase + the two upgrades is 540, I believe (300+120+120).

Its a couple of million in credits, though for all three. Can't remember if there is a legacy level requirement.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm restarting on imperial side and my first choice was obviously an Operative because a healer with stealth is just that fun to me (and a tank companion too!).
I also have a sorcerer in the low 20s. I know the agent story is said to be the best, but how is the sorcerer one? Worth playing through or is it Jedi Consular like? (aka not that good at all).

If one can look past the quest hub levelling, I think this game is quite good, flashpoints are fun, zones are well done and gameplay has improved a lot in terms of reactivity from launch. Also it has lightsabers, cannons, grenades... yeah, I'm sucked in and will last a good while I think.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The sorcerer story didn't seem that great to me, although I leveled one after having done a sniper (Agent story) so perhaps my bar was set high. I also leveled the sniper with an assassin and 2 sorcs in a 4 man group all the way to 50...so I pretty much saw a lot of the story the first time through. Definitely had some good parts to it, but some slow ones as well.

RoyalAssassin

Molten Core Raider
Did they ever clean up the FTP or do you still have to drop money to unlock additional ability bars, etc? I don't mind paying for items that are + better from an efficiency standpoint, but charging to slot abilities is just poorly thought out.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Did they ever clean up the FTP or do you still have to drop money to unlock additional ability bars, etc? I don't mind paying for items that are + better from an efficiency standpoint, but charging to slot abilities is just poorly thought out.
If you get Preferred status you get 4 quickbars which should probably be plenty. Preferred status can be gotten by subbing for a month, or buying a physical authenticator and tying it to your account.

Only other annoying thing is Preferred only gets 2 Crew Skills, but you can get around that by having been a Subscriber in the past and clicking on someones referral link. If you subbed previously and click a refer link you get 7 days of Subbed status and some free unlocks mailed to every character (unlock titles, 1 inventory row, 3rd crew skill, Unify Colors).

Sulrn

Deuces
I got three characters to 50 and would have to say Agent/Warrior were much better thsn Sorc.

I also don't remember needing more than 1 full bar and a few slots of a second unless I was being lazy with my agent and used two full bars.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I was really underwhelmed by the Sith Marauder/Juggernaut story. They did way too much of the 'intel/spy' crap in that storyline. It felt out of place.

I think I'll work on my operative next.

moontayle

Golden Squire
If you get Preferred status you get 4 quickbars which should probably be plenty. Preferred status can be gotten by subbing for a month, or buying a physical authenticator and tying it to your account.

Only other annoying thing is Preferred only gets 2 Crew Skills, but you can get around that by having been a Subscriber in the past and clicking on someones referral link. If you subbed previously and click a refer link you get 7 days of Subbed status and some free unlocks mailed to every character (unlock titles, 1 inventory row, 3rd crew skill, Unify Colors).
It's also possible to just straight up buy a lot of the unlocks off the GTN. Sometimes, in the case of like bank slots, it's cheaper than the normal way.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
How does this referral thing work exactly? Are we talking WoW scroll of ressurection or something else?

Eonan

Doer of Things
I was really underwhelmed by the Sith Marauder/Juggernaut story. They did way too much of the 'intel/spy' crap in that storyline. It felt out of place.

I think I'll work on my operative next.
The Agent storyline is the best in the game in my opinion. Bounty Hunter being the worst.

moontayle

Golden Squire
The Agent storyline is the best in the game in my opinion. Bounty Hunter being the worst.
See, I've always felt as if Inquisitor is the worst. There's a couple of cool moments, end of Act 1 and somewhere around the middle of Act 3 being the only ones that stand out, but in the end the story doesn't do anything to tie into the overall narrative of the ongoing War. Act 1 is a relic hunt, Act 2 is a personal power grab, and Act 3 is a save yourself then get revenge tale. None of it ties into the War. On top of that there's some extremely bad inconsistencies surrounding the beginning of Act 2 that a high school student could have found, and that just pisses me off as a writer. It's been a while since I played through the story that far but it still existed as of a year ago and for a game that's founded on story, that's just bad. So between that and the limp-dicked-ness of the overall story, it's the worst in my mind.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I liked the story where I unsubscribed and don't give them my money. How is the flight simulator guys?