Tablets

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
IPad 4s can be had off ebay for $140 and will be way better than your 2.
after having an ipad2 and ipad minis, various win8, 8in and that new fire, lighter 8in are more comfortable for casual couch browsing.

I mean honestly, 50% of the time i just pull out my phone cuz its always on me anyway, thats why i like having a mini on the coffee table and a fire7 on the nightstand, if it's right there i'll use it and not pull out the phone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
How much do you have to spend to get a tablet that is fast and responsive?
the fire7 feels like shit, but it's just a tablet hanging out thats used once a month, get a real droid tablet or ipad for 200ish

• 1Like

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
How much do you have to spend to get a tablet that is fast and responsive?

About 500.

I'd take a galaxy tab s4 over a surface any day. Pixel Slates seem very nice too, I'm just not real keen on the hit or miss compatibility with Android apps.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think I'm going to get an IPad Air. I feel like I may regret this later, but whatever. I think I'll use it a lot at work if I like it. I guess we'll see

I've never used any Apple stuff so I'm curious.

Any recommendations on cases?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think I'm going to get an IPad Air. I feel like I may regret this later, but whatever. I think I'll use it a lot at work if I like it. I guess we'll see

I've never used any Apple stuff so I'm curious.

Any recommendations on cases?
Getting one brand new? It'll be fine, and you'll probably like it a lot.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Getting one brand new? It'll be fine, and you'll probably like it a lot.
Yeah, going to get the new air that came out last month. Figure ordering from Amazon if I'm not happy I can return it. If I'm happy it's the newest hardware and should last

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So the tablet (iPad air 3) came in last night. Haven't used it to much at this point, but man it feels good to use. It's just so responsive and fluid. Did have to change to Gboard though. Is there a better keyboard I should try? Any apps from Apple I should get?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So the tablet (iPad air 3) came in last night. Haven't used it to much at this point, but man it feels good to use. It's just so responsive and fluid. Did have to change to Gboard though. Is there a better keyboard I should try? Any apps from Apple I should get?
SwiftKey is what I've used for years. Mainly for the ability to sync its dictionary between devices.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
just ordered a mini, wife already has regular ipad/ fire and win8 tablet, she just got used to her work mini, so theres that. (we don't use work computers for personal stuff, ever)

i have 1 power strip each on our side of the bed, hers is full of ios chargers, while i have all the micro usb and usbc ones, heh.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Bought a fire hd 10 and it's a pretty decent tablet for its price. I expected it to be sluggish but it loads things/browses without issue.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
My wife's laptop and fire tablet are getting outdated. She's a teacher and wants to be able to connect it to her smart board via and bluetooth and also zoom. I figure our best path would be a surface pro but I have no experience with them. Also, she said the budget is $300 which I doubt I could find anything in that price range. Any decent tablets out there that won't break the bank? Or better ideas?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
My wife's laptop and fire tablet are getting outdated. She's a teacher and wants to be able to connect it to her smart board via and bluetooth and also zoom. I figure our best path would be a surface pro but I have no experience with them. Also, she said the budget is $300 which I doubt I could find anything in that price range. Any decent tablets out there that won't break the bank? Or better ideas?

That's what I would get, assuming Apple works with whatever stuff is needed. They really do make the better tablets

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

I have a surface pro 7 and have had the pro 2 and 4 in the past. It's great, but you're not going to get a good one at that price point outside of someone wanting to just offload a used one. Maybe a Surface Go, but those are pretty underwhelming.

If you want a solid non gaming windows laptop in a tablet form factor, it's a great machine.

• 1Like

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Thanks for the replies. Yea, she doesn't want to spend a bunch of money but I think I'm going to have to spend more to get what she wants.

• 1Like