Tablets

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Last I checked, google's reader doesn't have a friendly nighttime mode. I use Aldiko specifically for that reason.

spronk

FPS noob
i use moon+ reader pro for all my ebook reading its pretty awesome and customizable, i bought it for $5 from play store but you can grab torrents of it too (or the free version) to check it out. i like it much better than mobireader, calibre, and amazon reader.

it lets you do stuff like nighttime modes, font scaling, good color contrasts, and opens pretty much everything i throw at it. it also lets you browse by directory, i organize all my ebooks that way and i hate the readers that try to make some kinda goddamn virtual library display

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
We have some at work. It's great on a desk, and passable on your lap. The kickstand doesn't balance as well as an actual laptop but it does work. Get the type cover, not the touch cover if you want an actual keyboard. The users who have them use them as a desktop replacement with dock, monitor, keyboard, etc and they love them.

Using it as a tablet works well with the caveat that many/most windows applications are not designed with touch in mind. The handwriting recognition is awesome. I still think the surface + OneNote is prolly the best device/software for someone going to college.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have bought Surface Pro 3 ' s as desktop replacement's for all of my senior management and sales who travel frequently (dock and monitors also). They can dock from home and at work with this setup. I have received nothing but great reviews from most of them savvy enough to wrap their heads around the devices potential tial with 1 minor complaint; native resolution of a remote machine they RDC into. Projecting a 1900x1200 or whatever my 2012 server is by default onto a 1360? Screen makes for some squinting. When docked it is a non-issue.

I rely on the 1.2 MST dell monitors UH2415(?) but I am quickly realizing that they may be a shit product. Good as stand lone monitors but garbage for daisy - chaining screens off of each other.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Went ahead and ordered the nvidia shield tablet, will post up some thoughts on it once I've had it a few days, should get it on Tuesday.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The only issue I had with my first generation Nexus 7 was my kid throwing it down the stairs.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Amazon gods smiled on me, tablet is here a day early. Getting it set up now, so far so good and loving the stylist. Have a 32GB micro SD card on the way as well

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I have bought Surface Pro 3 ' s as desktop replacement's for all of my senior management and sales who travel frequently (dock and monitors also). They can dock from home and at work with this setup. I have received nothing but great reviews from most of them savvy enough to wrap their heads around the devices potential tial with 1 minor complaint; native resolution of a remote machine they RDC into. Projecting a 1900x1200 or whatever my 2012 server is by default onto a 1360? Screen makes for some squinting. When docked it is a non-issue.

I rely on the 1.2 MST dell monitors UH2415(?) but I am quickly realizing that they may be a shit product. Good as stand lone monitors but garbage for daisy - chaining screens off of each other.
Pretty much the same here. We moved our 35 user mobile workforce from a Lenovo laptop +Ipad combo to just a Surface Pro 3, and they all love it. Really my only two complaints from a management standpoint are:

1) WSUS server can't host driver/firmware updates for Surfaces, so they require either manual updating or a 3rd party patch management solution (or MOM)
2) The screen is fragile so we're dealing with more accidents/repairs then we did with the previous setup. However so far MS has been great in cross shipping replacements.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Opted to not get the nvidia controller. Looks like my ps4's will work with a micro usb to female cable. Once I have that will be testing out streaming PC games to this