TAYLOR SWIFT | THE ERAS TOUR (2023)

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This again.

I just don't understand why you people think someone must have heard her songs. If you hear her playing in the background of a store or in a commercial it's not like you're going to know it's her and remember that (or even actually listen to it) so obviously it only applies to knowing it was her music. Seems way more plausible that you can avoid someone in this day and age than a Michael Jackson or Madonna in the '80s and '90s. Everything that feeds you content curates it to your taste now. No one listens to the radio and even if you did there's plenty of stations that would never play her music. It's not like we're coming home from school and watching TRL on MTV anymore. No one in my family or small friend circle mentions her nor do any of my gaming pals. My daughter is too young to care about specific music. You guys are just so myopic that you can't imagine an experience different than yours in life and that's fucking sad.

I know someone who's never seen a Star wars or Marvel movie in their life and they're under 40. Can you believe that? Do you think that's impossible? But you know what? They can fix just about any mechanical thing that comes their way and has completely renovated their house by themself. He teaches part time at a community college and works full time as a software engineer. Boy, what a loser for not consuming pop culture! That person is aware of the popularity of those films just as I'm aware of Taylor Swift but it's way easier to avoid actually watching or listening than you think, especially when something is in a genre you generally know you have no interest in.
How fucking insecure do you have to be to make 20+ posts in a thread (including this wall of text) about a pop star you've supposedly never heard trying to make strangers believe that you never heard a song?

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
How fucking insecure do you have to be to make 20+ posts in a thread (including this wall of text) about a pop star you've supposedly never heard trying to make strangers believe that you never heard a song?
I just think you people are all fucking weirdos for thinking that life is impossible without knowing her music. I find it just as insane as I guess people find my perspective. And yes when people were directly responding to me repeatedly I'm going to respond as well. That's what happens in a forum and was the vast majority of my posts. Why are there 30+ posts trying to convince me I'm lying or I should not post?

Someone brought up the topic again so now someone who thinks differently can't respond to it as well? Only positive people allowed? You can call people a liar or crazy but then someone shouldn't respond? Fuck off, retard.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Gravel didnt even mention you in his post. just let it go, bro. nobody cares if you like her music or not. nobody will take your man card away either. i like some of her songs. the rest i have no feelings about. but i know its her singing them.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Gravel didnt even mention you in his post. just let it go, bro. nobody cares if you like her music or not. nobody will take your man card away either. i like some of her songs. the rest i have no feelings about. but i know its her singing them.
It's not about liking her music or not, dude. If nobody cared about the possibility of someone not knowing her music, 80% of the posts in this thread wouldn't exist.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's not about liking her music or not, dude. If nobody cared about the possibility of someone not knowing her music, 80% of the posts in this thread wouldn't exist.

keegan-michael key GIF by Team Coco

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

How do you know that is GIF of taylor swift? You memorizing what she looks like you fag? You some sort of super fan now

I don't like this song because I've never heard it, but I'm trying to tell is this a taylor swift song? Please let me know if it is, because I don't care if it is and I definitely havent heard it before. I know you're thinking "Blazin can't you just look at the video?" And no I can't because I don't even know who Taylor swift is and I don't even know if this is a song, how could I look it up, I have no idea who she is. YOU GUYS all know more about the person I've never heard of because you're not as manly as me who doesn't even know that I don't know about her.

Let's find some taylor swift quizzes whoever scores lowest wins! You seem better suited to finding them being more familiar with her than me.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I literally have zero motivation to seek out new music.

I get a spotify subscription with my phone plan and my playlists are nearly all stuff I was listening to 10-15 years ago when I was still going out every weekend to raves.

Most of the suggested spotify playlists are just variants of my actual lists

The one new artist I discovered in recent years whose album I went out to buy on vinyl was a suggestion via the music service Roon, which I had a free trial for

DickTrickle

How do you know that is GIF of taylor swift? You memorizing what she looks like you fag? You some sort of super fan now

I don't like this song because I've never heard it, but I'm trying to tell is this a taylor swift song? Please let me know if it is, because I don't care if it is and I definitely havent heard it before. I know you're thinking "Blazin can't you just look at the video?" And no I can't because I don't even know who Taylor swift is and I don't even know if this is a song, how could I look it up, I have no idea who she is. YOU GUYS all know more about the person I've never heard of because you're not as manly as me who doesn't even know that I don't know about her.
You can put Taylor Swift in the gif search. Technology is mind blowing.

I also never denied knowing who she was. Keep knocking down the strawman, moron.

I love how I'm the bad man here and this is the type of intelligent responses I get. Or actually explaining one's reasoning is a wall of text but mindless retorts are accepted.

Why are all you white knights so offended?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

I also never denied knowing who she was. Keep knocking down the strawman, moron.

I love how I'm the bad man here and this is the type of intelligent responses I get. Or actually explaining one's reasoning is a wall of text but mindless retorts are accepted.

Okay some swifties capture you and tie you up and you must listen to a multiple list choice of songs and pick out the taylor swift's top 5 songs or you DIE. Now we all know you're scoring 100% and walking away from this encounter, despite your lack of super fan status. Thats why people keep poking at it.

DickTrickle

Okay some swifties capture you and tie you up and you must listen to a multiple list choice of songs and pick out the taylor swift's top 5 songs or you DIE. Now we all know you're scoring 100% and walking away from this encounter, despite your lack of super fan status. Thats why people keep poking at it.
See, that's the thing entirely. I would be dead. Assuming all the choices are hers or a bunch of female pop singers in a similar style -- I think I could safely recognize the difference between a male and female voice or someone like PJ Harvey and Taylor Swift.

This is what fucking annoys me about this entire conversation. You people cannot imagine anyone existing without having this knowledge of her music. It's insanity. It's not about manliness despite my gay joke. I guarantee there's music in my collection that plenty of people would consider plenty gay.

You really think everyone on this forum would pass that test, don't you?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This thread has inspired me to look up Taylor Swift (Who I know almost nothing about) songs for the first time in my life. Thank you everyone who contributed.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Gravel wasnt even mentioning you. if it doesnt apply, then let it fly.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Okay some swifties capture you and tie you up and you must listen to a multiple list choice of songs and pick out the taylor swift's top 5 songs or you DIE.
You could bump that down to 1 and I'd just shrug and say to kill me now.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This thread has inspired me to look up Taylor Swift (Who I know almost nothing about) songs for the first time in my life. Thank you everyone who contributed.
she isnt terrible. there are worse musicians you could listen to. but i noticed there doesnt seem to be anything good from anyone in the last ten years. all these "new" TS songs are rereleases from over a decade ago.

DickTrickle

Gravel wasnt even mentioning you. if it doesnt apply, then let it fly.
Oh, come on. Just because you don't quote someone or link their name doesn't mean you're not responding to the content that someone else posted. It would be like going to the Russia rickshaw thread and saying, "man people who defend the Russians are crazy" and think that Araysar played no part in that statement.

And even if he didn't intend for that in any way, the content of his post was still about the central thing I argued about, so it obviously applies.