TAYLOR SWIFT | THE ERAS TOUR (2023)

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
they are girl songs, but because she is a girl she is giving her perspective as a girl. i dont know enough of her songs to to comment on what they are all about, but they seem to be about gaining love and losing love.
She is probably the most "wholesome" female artist out there atm. Which is why she is soo popular. She isn't out there singing about how wet her pussy is.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
She is probably the most "wholesome" female artist out there atm. Which is why she is soo popular. She isn't out there singing about how wet her pussy is.
"Wholesome" in that she isn't writing about wet pussy, sure.

But her entire albums are about how shitty of a woman she actually is in every single one of her relationships.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

But her entire albums are about how shitty of a woman she actually is in every single one of her relationships.
Wow. Singers doing love songs about stuff that happened to them irl. She must be unique.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider

I think some of that is her country background. If you listen to basically any female country artist from any era they are writing about bad breakups. Even the successfully married ones still write/sing about it.

I don't think it's worth trying to apply any past precedent for concert movies to this release. I think it's going to be more like Barbie where you have lines of girls all dressed up making it an "event" rather than just a movie. Girls are buying her re-releases even when they own the originals just to reward her for sticking it to the man. Seeing repeated showings of the movie will likely be the same.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Almost every song is about a bad breakup or relationship. Nothing new here..

• 1Like
  • 1Great Review

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My favourite TayTay song is Fireworks. “Cuz you’re a firework! Something something, rhymes with work!”

Didnt Taylor Swift get her break on American Idol? So this thread is all Simon Cowelle’s fault.

Americas Got Talent No GIF by Got Talent Global
I hear she also kissed a girl for the first time. Only after all those failing boy relationships she's sung about.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Look up Kody Lee singing "It's biblical" on American Idol. It's a pretty stellar performance. And Kelly Clarkson's song "Piece by Piece" is also pretty great. There are good songs from American Idol, and while Simon Cowell can be a douche, he's a master at spotting talent and making people into celebrity talent.
I just looked it up. That guy's impressive. And he's blind/autistic to boot. Good on him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I just looked it up. That guy's impressive. And he's blind/autistic to boot. Good on him.

Yeah, every performance of his I've seen is pretty stellar. Very impressive, and there is no vibe from the family they're trying to exploit it. He's just great.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
her rich daddy didnt buy her talent and fans. lets put the "rich daddy" shtick to rest. music is much more merit based a medium than some others.
Look, I've got no opinion on Swift herself, but this is ridiculous.

Having a rich daddy who helps start your career is the white equivalent of being an affirmative action hire. Its always appropriate to criticize anyone who gets their start that way.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Look, I've got no opinion on Swift herself, but this is ridiculous.

Having a rich daddy who helps start your career is the white equivalent of being an affirmative action hire. Its always appropriate to criticize anyone who gets their start that way.
she's been in music for 15 years? how much is rich daddy and how much is Taylor Swift? sorry, but the rich daddy argument doesnt mean shit in music. either people like you or they dont. and TS doesnt pop out her titties and pussy to get fans either.

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Remember "Friday" by Rebecca Black? That's about how far a rich dad and no talent gets you. 12 grammys and $700M later Taylor Swift's dad is asking her for loans.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Remember "Friday" by Rebecca Black? That's about how far a rich dad and no talent gets you. 12 grammys and $700M later Taylor Swift's dad is asking her for loans.

This t swift loving ponce makes a good point

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
she's been in music for 15 years? how much is rich daddy and how much is Taylor Swift? sorry, but the rich daddy argument doesnt mean shit in music. either people like you or they dont. and TS doesnt pop out her titties and pussy to get fans either.
Like I said, my comment wasnt about Swift. I agree that just a rich daddy wouldnt be enough to get her where she is.

I'm just saying, if someones rich daddy paid to get them started in life, that fact alone is always deserving of mockery no matter how admirable the person may otherwise turn out to be.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Like I said, my comment wasnt about Swift. I agree that just a rich daddy wouldnt be enough to get her where she is.

I'm just saying, if someones rich daddy paid to get them started in life, that fact alone is always deserving of mockery no matter how admirable the person may otherwise turn out to be.
The way I see it, your name can only get you your foot in the door. Maybe buy you good reviews from critics. But it means nothing if nobody likes or buys your music.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Where you reading my mind? Shes reasonably attractive and her songs are milquetoast bubble gum about modern feminist idiocy. Taps right into the heart of the modern consoomer woman.

Compare her to say Katy Perry who didnt manage her image nearly as well.