TeamViewer Hacked

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
So what is TeamViewer?
It's a remote desktop program. Mostly used for IT support, though others use it so they can remote into their home PC when they're somewhere else. Basically it seems someone's figured out how to use it to remotely connect to anyone using the program and then looking for stored passwords on Internet browsers. They then log into Amazon/PayPal etc and steal what they can.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I got hacked and I got money taken out of my account. It is the worst type of intrusion as my home pc has everything saved... everything..

I'm in the process of getting it back.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Damn that sucks. My local grocery chain got hacked and several of my friends got their checking/debit accounts drained. They didn't get me for some reason. Probably too broke. I think many were able to recover it but I do not envy you. Good luck getting your shit back Lenindoritos.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Haha "we didn't get hacked the hackers just got the passwords from like Facebook maybe"

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Use it to keep my fathers computer up to date and clean and use it daily. Zero problems.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah... thank god I just use Remote Desktop to get to my servers from home. Sorry leo, that sucks hard.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I actually got it in real time. I got the chase alert about buying 4 Xbox memberships and I logged into my house from work, just to start a torrent, and bam saw the windows opened and then the connected client list was more than one.
It was an "Oh fuck me" moment.

Did you know you can see the passwords in Chrome for your websites? Yeah you can, all you need is the local windows password.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
How did they get your local password if it is just a remote connection though?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm interested to see if this turns into another Diablo 3 hacking event or not.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Pants-shitting mitigated by the fact that the service is only running on laptops that are usually turned off. I only use the client end on my PC.

Still, need to disable ASAP.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
They almost got me a couple weeks ago. I was out grabbing some lunch and my wife called me to ask if I was logging into the computer remotely. She was at the computer and said someone was on Ebay and trying to purchase $200 gift cards. I told her to close down TeamViewer, but she just closed the session for the person that was logged on. They immediately tried to come back on, and I told her to shut the program all the way down.

I use this on my computer, my cousins computer, and my daughters. I am stuck being tech support for my whole family, and this was the easiest way for me to manage it. I've uninstalled it from their computers now, and don't have it start up on mine anymore.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Sorry to hear this lendarios, thanks for PSA post, already warned people that I know use it.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
This is fucked thank god i dont use auto login or passwod saving for anything.

Edit. Wait they have our teamviewer pw