Tenet (2020)

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

TL;DR: Nolan is happy Tenet did $350m while Warner estimate losses between $50-100m.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

TL;DR: Nolan is happy Tenet did $350m while Warner estimate losses between $50-100m.
Chump change. ATT is gonna lose 40 billion on DirecTV. 50 million is a rounding error.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
1080p HDRip out as of an hour ago if your into that type of thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I can see why this was polarizing. Cool premise, tons of money on the screen and some good performances but lord did I just not give a fuck. The final action set piece I thought was going to be cooler but most of what was happening in both directions lacked enemies. Tons of shooting, explosions, reverse shooting and anti-explosions but not enough actual bad guys. I wanted some Saving Private Ryan shit and it did not deliver.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
This movie is only boring because you've already watched it the first time you watched it. It's weird having memories of things that haven't happened yet.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
This movie is only boring because you've already watched it the first time you watched it. It's weird having memories of things that haven't happened yet.

LOL. Honestly after watching it in theaters I wished I could tenet myself back and get those two hours back of my life.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It's fine I guess. The tech concept was cool, the bad guy and motivation was meh and the entire conflict just felt stupid. Puzzling out the tech concepts in your head is more fun than watching the movie. I wish he hadn't just wrapped it all up in a bow, a movie like this with this kind of premise should have just been bananas from start to finish and leave you guessing and discussing the ending and what actually happened, the ending of this was empty and vapid. I'm not one of the people who shits on Nolan or his past work, always been a big fan, but this was a missed opportunity.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Wasn't awful, but not particularly good. Definitely one of Nolan's least enjoyable movies. It kind of takes the things that sometimes bother me about Nolan films in general and dials that stuff up.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If there was less spycraft dinner/lunch scenes and less sorta love interest subplot the pacing would have been better and let the movie get more mileage out of the cool high concept science fiction and fancy set pieces.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
If there was less spycraft dinner/lunch scenes and less sorta love interest subplot the pacing would have been better and let the movie get more mileage out of the cool high concept science fiction and fancy set pieces.
But having lunch in London then having dinner overlooking the Med is exciting!

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I rewatched this! I figured if I could pause and rewind I may be able to enjoy it more.

Questions:
Why was the "reverse time machine" in the vault by the airport? Why not just build it like in his house, lol. Seemed so strange to have this free port, then they break in, but then find this machine instead, and then it's attached to an airport, and they crash a plane for distraction.

Opera at the beginning, Robert Pattinson saved him from getting shot in the theater. Wasn't he dead by this point? Didn't he die protecting protagonist from the tall bald guy?

Why was Protagonist trying to steal weapons grade plutonium?

The turnstyle towards middle of movie, where it's when bad guy shoots tall blonde, why is there another one of these? I understand from the plot of the movie, that the good guys didn't get control of that one until midway through the movie, so they had to go backwards in time to get to the other one at the airport/freeport..... but then the military has all the turnstyle stuff in the world to invert entire armies.. ?

What was the plot of the bad guy wanting to kill himself? Is it that he wants to choose when and where the world ends? And is that hooked up to his heart rate monitor?

spronk

FPS noob
the biggest sci fi element of this movie was how thirsty a black man was for a white chick who had no tits or ass

• 5Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 8 users

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I rewatched this! I figured if I could pause and rewind I may be able to enjoy it more.

Questions:
Why was the "reverse time machine" in the vault by the airport? Why not just build it like in his house, lol. Seemed so strange to have this free port, then they break in, but then find this machine instead, and then it's attached to an airport, and they crash a plane for distraction.

Opera at the beginning, Robert Pattinson saved him from getting shot in the theater. Wasn't he dead by this point? Didn't he die protecting protagonist from the tall bald guy?

Why was Protagonist trying to steal weapons grade plutonium?

The turnstyle towards middle of movie, where it's when bad guy shoots tall blonde, why is there another one of these? I understand from the plot of the movie, that the good guys didn't get control of that one until midway through the movie, so they had to go backwards in time to get to the other one at the airport/freeport..... but then the military has all the turnstyle stuff in the world to invert entire armies.. ?

What was the plot of the bad guy wanting to kill himself? Is it that he wants to choose when and where the world ends? And is that hooked up to his heart rate monitor?

-The protection afforded by the airport and the lack of scrutiny over whats contained in freeports, they never really explained it other than that.

-Guy is travelling in time and you are worried about him already being dead?

-To get close to the antagonist and figure out what he was doing. It wasn't the best of motivations but the movie put it as 'having something he needed'.

-If you have a time travel machine, a backup doesn't seem an unreasonable thing to want to have.

-Bad guy was dieing anyway of some incurable cancer (i think it was cancer...). He wanted to take everyone with him, 'if he can't have me no one can'.