Tenet (2020)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
And then the ending, did he get his life back or is he just still stuck in his own dream.

But the fact that you can die when someone unplugs you vs unplugging yourself from a dream within a dream is really stupid.
It's intentionally ambiguous, but there's the faintest wobble on the spinning top, which doesn't happen anywhere else, Michael Caine's character is in the scene while never being in any other dreams, and Cobb supposedly only wears his wedding ring in dreams and doesn't in the final scene, so...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How is NOT dreaming about Michael Caine an indication that you're in reality? WTF?

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
So, the only trailer I've seen for this only showed John David Washington in it, who I only know from Ballers. He seemed like a good actor in Ballers, I wonder if he's going to be the actual star of this movie? Also I saw Himesh Patel was in Tenet, which is the guy from Yesterday (and if anyone didn't see that movie yet you're missing out!)

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
So, the only trailer I've seen for this only showed John David Washington in it, who I only know from Ballers. He seemed like a good actor in Ballers, I wonder if he's going to be the actual star of this movie? Also I saw Himesh Patel was in Tenet, which is the guy from Yesterday (and if anyone didn't see that movie yet you're missing out!)

planning to watch it tomorrow

• 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
But the fact that you can die when someone unplugs you vs unplugging yourself from a dream within a dream is really stupid.

I don't think it's that stupid, it brings the question "what happens to your body when your mind dies?". Lots of scifi movies are about that (Matrix, Johnny Mnemonic, etc). Philosophy aside, it also sets consequences about alternative realitives / dreams.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I don't think it's that stupid, it brings the question "what happens to your body when your mind dies?". Lots of scifi movies are about that (Matrix, Johnny Mnemonic, etc). Philosophy aside, it also sets consequences about alternative realitives / dreams.
Unless my brain is cut off from blood, it isn't dying because you cut off an input.

Now, is the machine killing me by OD'ing me on something? It's nonsensical.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Unless my brain is cut off from blood, it isn't dying because you cut off an input.

Now, is the machine killing me by OD'ing me on something? It's nonsensical.

I don't think it's far-fetched, there's a lot of stuff the mind does to your body on a daily basis, like when the brains "fills" your vision's blind spots, or when body influences the brain. Also Inception is a science-fiction thriller, it's not trying to be scientifically right, it's merely about telling a coherent story.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Looks interesting, and he hasn't made a bad film yet so I'll be checking it out.

Not to mention he is one of the very few people with enough balls and clout to make original, risky movies. That in and of itself is a reason to celebrate anytime his movies release. Ps. his last movie was a masterpiece.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
all i needed to hear is that BWWAAAAAAA that tells me i'm in a nolan movie. i'm in

in-your-dreams-e1280240379259.jpeg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users