Tenet (2020)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I was sold on the name Nolan alone, i happened to like Interstellar for what it was as well as DKR.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was sold on the name Nolan alone, i happened to like Interstellar for what it was as well as DKR.

I'm probably breaking open doors here but anyone liking latest Nolan films should watch his early movies: Memento, Insomnia and The Prestige are absolute masterpieces, the kind of stuff we really need nowadays. Memento is a raw, bold neonoir flick on its own, Insomnia is a top notch thriller remake and The Prestige is a cinema masterclass.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Memento is absolutely amazing. Prestige is probably one of the best movies I've ever seen. Dude has a long track record.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
True. Classic Nolen was brilliant. But his latter movies, IMO not so much. Dunkirk was technically interesting, but not that engaging to watch. Interstellar was just garbage with plot holes large enough to make Ryan Johnson cringe. And DKNR was kinda badly phoned in and again riddled with dumb plot holes and conveniences.

He's got a very unique, visual style, but so do Zack Snyder and Michael Bay or whoever. I hope he gets back on track story and character-wise.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Putting Nolan in the same realm as Snyder or Bay, just because he makes science fiction movies where the plot doesn't always make perfect sense, is insane.

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Putting Nolan in the same realm as Snyder or Bay, just because he makes science fiction movies where the plot doesn't always make perfect sense, is insane.
I mean he's significantly better, but his movies are mostly visually appealing fluff too.

• 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Same, I fucking love Interstellar! And I thought DKR was totally fine, it was just impossible to follow up The Dark Knight.

• 1Solidarity

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The only issue with Interstellar is the lol-worthy 'love is the answer to the universe' ending. If they could have come up with literally any other vaguely science-y ending to resolve the plot it would be an excellent movie instead of just good with a terrible ending.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Same, I fucking love Interstellar! And I thought DKR was totally fine, it was just impossible to follow up The Dark Knight.
DKR was retarded start to finish, regardless of how good DK was.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The only issue with Interstellar is the lol-worthy 'love is the answer to the universe' ending. If they could have come up with literally any other vaguely science-y ending to resolve the plot it would be an excellent movie instead of just good with a terrible ending.

I didn't really get "Love is the answer to the universe" at all from the ending.

My main issue was him meeting his now elderly daughter for 5 min and then being like "Well, good to catch up I'm going to go while you slowly die here"

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I didn't really get "Love is the answer to the universe" at all from the ending.

My main issue was him meeting his now elderly daughter for 5 min and then being like "Well, good to catch up I'm going to go while you slowly die here"

He spent more time yelling MURPH than he did with her in that room

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I think there are some fair critiques of Nolan and his movies but in general he has it down as far as making an "experience". It reminds of me Steven Soderbergh's quote about Mad Max:Fury Road and how he couldn't direct that in a million years, only George Miller could have pulled that off. I'd say it's the same with how Nolan can interweave story, time and music in his movies allows for new IP to be made is pretty damn good.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
People go see a movie because it's Nolan, even if they don't really care for the content. That guy is a guaranteed hit, and really, most of his movies are pretty damn solid. These boards have a much higher percentage of the overly critical, elitist attitude than most of society. Which makes them great in a lot of ways and funny as fuck, but we are an incredibly nit-picky bunch.

Even if the script is weak, his timing is incredible. I know for a fact, that stands with me the most is probably his ability to hit a "perfect note" in terms of timing a visual with his music. He certainly has a flair for the dramatics.

• 3Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
It was said earlier but I will emphasize it here - Nolan at least makes novel and interesting new movies. That has gotten more and more rare in the last decade so that alone garners my respect and admiration.

In spite of the clear and discussed issues with Interstellar, it remains, for me at least, a wonderful movie-watching experience and is one of those movies I can repeat watch at will. The love stuff remains a sore point, but the rest of the movie outshines it so much for me I can ignire it.

DKR felt almost rushed with the plot-convenience issues but was still visually great. Memento is just classic cinema - often copied but never repeated.

Anyway, THIS looks interesting and I am actually intrigued as to the core plot. I have not seen a movie in the theaters in years, but this may actually pull me there. Provided I am still wanting to mix with crowds by the time this releases and I am not surviving in my basement.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
And anyone that can make original movies, and acquire the budget he gets, is fast becoming a dying breed. But enjoy your Scarlett Johansson Marvel origin movie suburban moms and kids!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity