Tenet (2020)

Fedor

<Banned>
1.67 star(s) Rating: 1.67/5 6 Votes
Title: Tenet (2020)

Genre: Action

Director: Christopher Nolan

Cast: John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Michael Caine, Kenneth Branagh, Clémence Poésy, Dimple Kapadia, Jefferson Hall, Yuri Kolokolnikov

Release: 2020-07-16

Plot: Plot unknown. The project is described as an action epic revolving around the world of international espionage.

Fedor

<Banned>
j8xlfd9eypz11.jpg

rc9wcgqyl2f01.jpg

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
they spent the past month and a half shooting here in Tallinn. Supposedly pretending it's Kiev.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another compelling $200m budget Nolan movie involving interesting cast (Pattinson, Debicki, Brannagh, Caine, etc) and about "the world of international espionage". Inception 2?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Any links for the leaked trailer? A potential "Inception 2" is right up there in Dune territory for Hollywood "wants".

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I just watched Inception for like the 100th time last night, but this was the first time in 4k and HDR. It's about as perfect as a movie can get, in my opinion. I've seen it so many times and it's shine does not fade for me. I have very high hopes for Tenet.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I just watched Inception for like the 100th time last night, but this was the first time in 4k and HDR. It's about as perfect as a movie can get, in my opinion. I've seen it so many times and it's shine does not fade for me. I have very high hopes for Tenet.

I agree. I know the story and plot can be sorta all over place, but Inception was just everything I want in a movie. Extremely high hopes for this.
Ps. I definitely need to see this in 4k HDR...

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I don't quite hold Inception in as high a regard as some of you, but Nolan does make quality movies and I'm sure I'll be seeing this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I don't quite hold Inception in as high a regard as some of you, but Nolan does make quality movies and I'm sure I'll be seeing this.

There is something about the way he films (Villeneuve does this as well), where even if the writing/plot isn't great, the cinematography is just very pleasing to watch.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
There is something about the way he films (Villeneuve does this as well), where even if the writing/plot isn't great, the cinematography is just very pleasing to watch.
Yeah, pretty much everything Nolan does is visually very well done.

• 1Like

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
Inception does require a high degree of suspension of disbelief, but I appreciate the attempt and the interesting moments. It at least wasn't another superhero movie.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Inception does require a high degree of suspension of disbelief, but I appreciate the attempt and the interesting moments. It at least wasn't another superhero movie.

Yeah, I like the movie a lot. It's visually amazing and it's very engaging. I just don't think it's nearly as deep or profound as some pretentious shits seem to think.

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I like the movie a lot. It's visually amazing and it's very engaging. I just don't think it's nearly as deep or profound as some pretentious shits seem to think.
It's at least 3 layers deep!

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Inception isn't a good story. It's visually appealing and makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Picard

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Inception isn't a good story. It's visually appealing and makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

I think it's a pretty solid story scifi wise. A story about modern corporate spies, hacking and extracting information from people minds. It's a blatant nod at Gibson's Neuromancer or Natali's Cypher but there's also other themes like "what's reality?" or "what's happening when you corrupt minds so much you're getting corrupted yourself?". The movie is around Cobb, trying to redeem himself while being part of its own predicament. I think it makes sense watching him trying to get his like back.

• 2Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I think it's a pretty solid story scifi wise. A story about modern corporate spies, hacking and extracting information from people minds. It's a blatant nod at Gibson's Neuromancer or Natali's Cypher but there's also other themes like "what's reality?" or "what's happening when you corrupt minds so much you're getting corrupted yourself?". The movie is around Cobb, trying to redeem himself while being part of its own predicament. I think it makes sense watching him trying to get his like back.
And then the ending, did he get his life back or is he just still stuck in his own dream.

But the fact that you can die when someone unplugs you vs unplugging yourself from a dream within a dream is really stupid.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database