Tenet (2020)

Goatface

from like 2000-2015, spent a lot of time waiting around on family at like 7 different hospitals. almost everyone has a smoking area outside where will see people on oxygen and ivs smoking away along with medical staff.

as for this movie, i would rank it as 2nd to last of nolan films, with DKR being the worse.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mostly all neck.
Yes she is not exeptionally tall although 6'3 is pretty tall for a woman but her build just makes her seem a lot taller than that. Also I think she generally is wearing some serious heels too which at 6"3 probably would make her taller than most male costars.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yes she is not exeptionally tall although 6'3 is pretty tall for a woman but her build just makes her seem a lot taller than that. Also I think she generally is wearing some serious heels too which at 6"3 probably would make her taller than most male costars.
I beg to differ. 6'3 is tall for a man. It is exceptionally tall for a woman.

• 1Solidarity

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
she is taller than 99 % of the women of earth. that is how tall she is.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
After 20 years Nolan has terminated his deal with Warner Bros, moving to Universal Pictures for his next movie about the A-Bomb

i guess he got really pissed off at Warners "we wanna grow HBO Max, fuck theaters" moves lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
After 20 years Nolan has terminated his deal with Warner Bros, moving to Universal Pictures for his next movie about the A-Bomb

i guess he got really pissed off at Warners "we wanna grow HBO Max, fuck theaters" moves lol

Leaked script!

"I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fuck Theaters, and the old fucks that keep gripping onto them like they are the Mecca.

• 3Dislike
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Argarth

On the verandah
Fuck Theaters, and the old fucks that keep gripping onto them like they are the Mecca.
go fuck yourself middle finger GIF

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Yep, and I am sure that the actors and directors that want to keep their releases off streaming platforms are doing it because there is no way to tell what the true 'box office' number is from streaming data. The companies don't share the real numbers and won't explain what those numbers mean so they have this giant lever when it comes to pre-existing contracts that are based off box offices and draw. I am sure that we will see some actual streaming service contracts for big named actors and directors soon when they realize that theaters are a relic of the past.

spronk

FPS noob
there is already that system in place, its the Netflix model. They pay you upfront a big buttload of cash and never pay you another dime or tell you fuck all about their numbers. Disney Plus and HBO Max and Showtime and Amazon all mostly works the same way, for their TV shows anyways, while the movies are still in flux like Black Widow or Shang Chi.

The "old" way of stuff is residuals and back-end profit, where Disney/Marvel financed and produced all the MCU movies but Robert Downey Jr made $100m or whatever because he got 3% of End Game.

The new way is Rian Johnson and Knives Out 2 & 3, where Netflix "paid" him $465m for both movies but HE has to cover cast costs, production costs, feeding the entire crew, and everything else but he gets to keep whatever he wants out of that $465m thats left over after delivering 2 movies. The only requirements are that he spend "at least" $40m on each movie. Its probably not $465m delivered up front either but dripped out as stuff gets released, and obviously they figured out together how much it would cost to make both movies and reportedly Daniel Craig is getting paid $100m, RJ is gonna pay himself $100m, and the rest of the $265m goes to actually making the 2 movies.

But none of them or the crew will ever see another penny from it, even in 20 years if its the most popular thing on Netflix. Whereas in 30 years Robert Downey Jr's estate will still be getting a check every six months from Marvel for every time Infinity War plays in the holodeck in Alpha Centauri.

• 2Like

Goatface

rumors on the nolan's demands
$100m budget, $100m spent on promotion
total creative control
100-130 day theatrical window
20% of ticket gross starting day 1
studio not to release another movie 3 weeks before or after it's release

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Bah... so misanthropic! It's a nice experience going out with friends / family / a date and having the group experience of a good film and the range of emotions that a good film can elicit. It's just fun, and real theatre popcorn is always a staple buy.

Do you dislike concerts too? It's kinda the same raison d'etre. If it makes me "old" for liking the theatre experience... uh, cool.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
rumors on the nolan's demands
$100m budget, $100m spent on promotion
total creative control
100-130 day theatrical window
20% of ticket gross starting day 1
studio not to release another movie 3 weeks before or after it's release

They really, really really wanted him.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Terrible fucking sound turned up way too loud
Famously overpriced refreshments, like theyve become a parody of themselves and are overpriced on purpose for comedic effect

But most of all, and I dont know how the pro-theater side fails to notice this one -- there are fucking other people around. Not my friends or family, who I've invited into my house and have a reason to be there. Other fucking people. Close enough I could hit them with a rock, but am not supposed to.

The only thing they have going for them, literally the *only* thing, is the screen is really big. But ya know what? Once a screen is big enough, its big enough.

Fuck theaters and everyone who keeps them alive

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Terrible fucking sound turned up way too loud
Famously overpriced refreshments, like theyve become a parody of themselves and are overpriced on purpose for comedic effect

But most of all, and I dont know how the pro-theater side fails to notice this one -- there are fucking other people around. Not my friends or family, who I've invited into my house and have a reason to be there. Other fucking people. Close enough I could hit them with a rock, but am not supposed to.

The only thing they have going for them, literally the *only* thing, is the screen is really big. But ya know what? Once a screen is big enough, its big enough.

Fuck theaters and everyone who keeps them alive
I haven't been to a theater in decades. I can't imagine how bad they are now that people have phones and also can't keep their fucking teeth together for longer than 5 seconds.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I go every now and then if its something i rather not wait to be on torrents. However buying food or drinks? Nope we only go to a theater after dinner because the price of food and anything else in there is absolutely absurd.