TERA

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone else on the Tempest server thats kind of new? I've grouped a little bit, and enjoy the game a hell of a lot better when I do.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, I don't really like the warrior class anymore after playing a Zerker and Slayer. Sure it is a fast class, with some fun skills, but its damage seems weak, while Zerk/Slayer are just wtfpwn lvls of damage. It is fun to watch a well played warrior though, great class if you can get into its playstyle.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Warriors are fun, but they were more fun before they could block like a lancer/zerker. That change cheapened them, I think.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's the problem I had with my warrior back in the summer. You had to play perfectly just to dps/tank like a face-rolling slayer/lancer. Doesn't sound like things have changed, based on scanning the forums this week.

I guess I'm going to make a lancer on Tempest. After checking into what's up with the retarded lack of an option to xfer off of the pvp server, which they claimed they were going to work on back in fucking July, I guess there's pretty much zero hope of that coming with the F2P patch.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
That's the problem I had with my warrior back in the summer. You had to play perfectly just to dps/tank like a face-rolling slayer/lancer. Doesn't sound like things have changed, based on scanning the forums this week.

I guess I'm going to make a lancer on Tempest. After checking into what's up with the retarded lack of an option to xfer off of the pvp server, which they claimed they were going to work on back in fucking July, I guess there's pretty much zero hope of that coming with the F2P patch.
Probally,

However if you did not read it, or see my earlier posts when FTP Launches their supposed to have Few Brand new servers probally 1 of each ruleset so that could be fun for little while.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Hopefully they'll allow transfers off the PvP server, given that they shouldn't be cockblocking people from playing with their friends. I've never understood MMO companies making that dick move. If the ruleset doesn't allow you to gain an advantage by moving from one server to another, who cares? Let your customers have what they want.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
This is a Korean game.

They don't give two fucks about any of us. We'll take what they give us and we'll fucking like it.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
This is a Korean game.

They don't give two fucks about any of us. We'll take what they give us and we'll fucking like it.
Cup size on the NA version says they most definitely do give at least several fucks about us. Look at all the extra polys they had to put in there!

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I canceled back in June or so, but I still really like this game. A lot of fun to just hop in and screw around.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01...ts-february-5/

TERA F2P starts February 5

En Masse has set a date for TERA's free-to-play conversion, and that date is February 5th. The company will also add new content to the fantasy title including a three-on-three PvP battleground and the Crucible of Flame dungeon.

TERA's F2P offerings include three player tiers (standard, founder, and elite), all of which feature full access to the game's content. Founders receive additional character slots, bank tabs, and a special mount, while elite players get dungeon bonuses, additional quests, daily items, mounts, and store discounts.

FYI, their are supposed to be Brand New No transfer Servers for FTP launch as well. Lets see if they say ahead what the names be and rulesets.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
Brand new fresh start Servers, No transfers INfo will be posted today, as well as offical forums just got PM back to confirm.

My PM to Knoxxer and his answer all just now.

knoxxer 4 min ago

subject:

body:

RE: My Brand New Server Thred Important Request for players plz.

The new servers won't have transfers to them. We will have more of the server info coming today but that is a good idea on the forums I will get those up once we announce them today

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
You don't have to roll on the new servers if you're F2P, do you? You can still choose the older ones, right?

(please, tell me this isn't a trap)

I hope the new server(s) and FTP model breath some fresh life into the game. Been looking for a new distraction now that my second Rift foray is nearing end. I already have 2 uppermid level toons on Tempest Reach, but guaranteeing dungeon and BAM mates while leveling does sound appealing.

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
Between this FTP model and VG's new FTP I'm set. I loved both of those games, but don't play enough to warrant the subscription price. This is perfect.

spronk

FPS noob
this is what it must be like to be a girl, every MMO is begging you to play them. Soon I expect generous offers of food and drink to try them out for a night.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/t...ble-february-5

Get ready for the new world! TERA: Rising , the next evolution of the award-winning action MMORPG, will be available for free throughout North America on February 5.

Thousands of players, old and new, are clamoring to be among the first to experience the all-new content, including a competitive dungeon, a player-versus-player arena, and two new high-level factions.

After a maintenance period scheduled from 12:01 a.m. PST February 4 to 7 a.m. February 5, you can log in and experience TERA in all its epic scope: all the dungeons, all the BAMs, and all the action you've come to expect from this groundbreaking MMO.

On February 5, players can choose from five servers:
.Mount Tyrannas (PvP)
.Lake of Tears (PvP)-new!
.Tempest Reach (PvE)
.Ascension Valley (PvE)-new!
.Celestial Hills (PvE roleplay)

Lake of Tears and Ascension Valley will be on their own matching system for dungeons and battlegrounds. Character transfers (free for a limited time) will be available among Mount Tyrannas, Tempest Reach, and Celestial Hills. Characters can transfer once every 30 days.

To handle the influx of new TERA gamers, we're establishing some chat channel restrictions. Area chat is available for characters level 5 and up, trade and LFG chats are level 12 and up, and global chat is level 20 and up. We're limiting chat rates as well to handle all the traffic.

Finally, TERA's community suggested that we give TERA's founders-those who've already played the game-priority queueing if there's a wait to get into the game. We agree! If you're a founder, head toward the front of the line (just step over the velvet rope

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Priority queuing for Founders will piss off people that are trying it out with F2P first if the queues are too big. Meh. We'll see how bad the queues are, I guess.