TERA

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder why they put the new servers on their own matching system. Queue times for dungeons after Sinestral Manor are quite long, so wouldn't it be better to have all the servers linked up for matching?

Sean_sl

shitlord
Tried this out finally since it's going F2P, seems pretty neat. I really like that it's got a full interface for X360 controllers, makes it way more enjoyable. I think I may wait for the brand new server to put much time into it though.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Been awhile since I touched this. Anyone got a good breakdown of the modern-day status of each class is?

Specifically for me, the tanks and healers?

lindz

#DDs
I haven't played since a month or two after release and haven't followed it all since then. Have there been many changes to the game? May give it a try casually again with the ftp.

So yeah, a good place to find current info would be awesome.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really like that it's got a full interface for X360 controllers, makes it way more enjoyable.
Have you actually tried playing it that way? The dealbreaker for me was the left stick only doing 8-way digital movement (because it's just emulating keyboard presses), and I also thought they should have made button inputs for progressing through quest dialogues. Using the right stick as a faux mouse is pretty annoying. I guess maybe you could play a slayer or berserker with it, but I wouldn't want to try anything else.

Kinaniff_sl

shitlord
I forget already what pvp server I was on. I got as far as 40 something. Was turning into a gank and troll fest and was getting hard to get groups. The game is beautiful though, what a welcome change from the supposedly ominous drab grays and browns.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Have you actually tried playing it that way? The dealbreaker for me was the left stick only doing 8-way digital movement (because it's just emulating keyboard presses), and I also thought they should have made button inputs for progressing through quest dialogues. Using the right stick as a faux mouse is pretty annoying. I guess maybe you could play a slayer or berserker with it, but I wouldn't want to try anything else.
Playing an Archer with it just fine so far.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Ah, my condolences then!
I've only played one to like level 10 on Tempest so far and they seem fun, decided to hold off until the new server opens up to do much more though and start a new character.

Are they not a good class? I don't really plan to play it seriously, just max level and dick around probably.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good luck on 'max level'ing, Sean. I know you can poop-sock w/ the best of them, but this game turns into a serious grind (mentally). Quests have absolutely 0 thought behind them, and the story is worse than meh. Saving grace is the combat as mostly everybody mentions. Archer's aren't a bad class, but fyi most classes don't really come into their own, or start getting the cool abilities/glyphs until 30-35. So you kinda gotta stick it out until then to truly get a feel for the class. My 2cents @ least.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Archer was my least favourite class to play. Only got mine to mid-20s, I think, before I got bored and went back to my Lancer or Sorc. Maybe I should pick it up again...

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didn't find the leveling/questing a grind, but holy fuck was max level terrible. I'd never touch this game again.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
The saving grace to this game is its beautiful if you like the style and the combat is awesome. Dungeons aren't bad either considering they slowly ramp you up and some of the hard modes can be very difficult the first few times through. Otherwise the questing story is terrible, classes are imbalanced to the extreme and the end game is a huge grind.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I quit before Nexus and Battlegrounds. Do either of those help the end-game at all?

Parallel45

Silver Knight of the Realm
The battleground is pretty fun for a while. But there is only 1 map so it does get monotonous.

The nexus events are not that great honestly. However the nexus traverse event at the end is actually pretty decent for a PuG style raid. The gear you can get from nexus tokens is still very worth it if you are a fresh 60 though. They are dropping the price of the token gear in the FTP patch as well which should help.

Still not a great end game though. You'll probably have to wait for the next content patch with the 10/20 man raids and outdoor PvP zone for a decent end game.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Going to roll a Lancer on the new PVE server...No one I played with has been on my via friends list in a week. Plus I should have a couple buds playing for the 1st time.