TERA

Azziane_sl

shitlord
For real. Game is incredibly boring to solo level/quest grind. Fighting BAMs can be a lot of fun for awhile, but even that gets tiresome after awhile.
I thought TERA was indeed terribly boring to level up while soloing but still better than any MMO I played. Same old boring, useless quest. Better combat so killing those 25 wererabbits was not quite as dull.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Just hit 24 on a berserker... did not know you can fucking move while channeling those skills till I accidently did it in a boss fight.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I always wished the combat in WOW was like this. No auto attack > *. Add in a bit more technical stacking of combos could make for quite exquisite gameplay, if utilized properly. Unfortunately, it isn't that big of a deal in TERA (even if you can solo endgame bosses/BAMS as a few of the classes; as a lancer, I've stood alive and killed a few bosses with an entirely dead party...).

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03...o-power-level/

TERA invites new players to power level
Have you been waiting for a good reason to check TERA out for the first time? If free-to-play isn't enough incentive, En Masse has created a "No Sleep 'Til 60!" promotion that rewards brand-new players who log in and power-level to the endgame.

The promotion begins tomorrow and is open only to players who do not have a TERA account. By hitting certain milestones, players will accumulate rewards that increase the higher they get. The first tier of prizes begins at level 30 with the best being reserved for those who get to level 60 by March 26th.

The prizes include strongbox keys, XP boosts, reputation boosts, mirrored shades, mounts, and an extra character slot.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I believe there are some 3v3 arenas where people with uber gear just one shot you and the match making system sucks because there isn't enough people to match like-powered people.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
Just FYI, I still play this from time to time and have been doing BGs almost nightly. If anyone logs in and wants to chat, I'm still in Nagafen, although we just pretty much BG to get gear for Arena.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
If I wanted to come back for some PVP, what classes are good right now? I've seen Sorc/Archer for the dps or Priests so you never die.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
If I wanted to come back for some PVP, what classes are good right now? I've seen Sorc/Archer for the dps or Priests so you never die.
On a whim I downloaded the game and made an account. Did you mess around at all, Draeg? I figured if I have enough free MMOs to play and rotate them, it'll make up for the fact none of them are fresh...

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I played an hour on this, and it wasn't terrible. I'm curious how the dungeons are at higher levels. It figures the week I download this I get free playtime for both Rift and WOW....

Calroon_sl

shitlord
Still about the same, ranged = king. Geared Priest = unkillable.
Although, Warriors are FOTM - stun stun stun stun stun evade stun stun stun.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I've been holding on to my late-40s Mystic since about 6 weeks after launch, with a week attempt back in January, hoping they fix that class.

MAN is it the worst soloing class I've ever played in any game ever. They really need to buff or fix it. Why are they afraid of doing that? They don't want to move it from the weakest to the second weakest class?

Ridiculous.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Berserker? If you're not killing 10 mobs at once with your berserker you're not doing it right.