Terminator (2019)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wait, it that transexasuar supposed to be John Conner?
Man, the sooner a quake takes out Hollywood, the better off the film industry will be.

tran... sexasaur? wtf is that? john conner isn't in that trailer other than being mentioned a bunch. rumor has it edward furlong only has a short scene in the movie

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That was one good thing about the last terminator movie where it was pretty much acknowledged that causality was probably busted beyond repair and it was effectively a forever war where no matter what they did it was not really going to have a lasting effect due to reality basically having turned into a spaghetti.

genysis had some really great ideas in there hiding under a general mess of poor acting and bad marketing. it wouldn't have been a GREAT movie, but it would have been significantly better if the trailers didn't spoil that john conner was a terminator.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
John wick got a sequel and it was only a modestly successful film. Domestic gross was only 43 million, barely more than Terminator 25 years ago. It was the 77th ranked film compared to terminator's 21st spot.

So, yeah, not everything has to be a monster hit for more to come from it.

It made 90 million world wide on a 20-30 million dollar budget. That is a massive success. Da Fuq you talking about. You realize World Wide gross is the important thing in HOllywood today?

Brad2770

Come on now. Edward Furlong didn’t really fuck up T2. She didn’t really fuck up Genesis.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It made 90 million world wide on a 20-30 million dollar budget. That is a massive success. Da Fuq you talking about. You realize World Wide gross is the important thing in HOllywood today?

You realize theaters get a cut of that 90 million, right? You realize they get a worse cut overseas? And that budget number may or may not include domestic/overseas marketing. It's not as simple as subtracting two numbers.

And, again, even taking that into account, Terminator was still more successful on a budget to box office ratio. Wick was still a solid success initially, not a slam dunk blockbuster. It was a bit of a surprise that a sequel was greenlit since many sequels do worse.

But I'm sure you've got screamfeeder levels of Hollywood industry knowledge.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
You realize theaters get a cut of that 90 million, right? You realize they get a worse cut overseas? And that budget number may or may not include domestic/overseas marketing. It's not as simple as subtracting two numbers.

And, again, even taking that into account, Terminator was still more successful on a budget to box office ratio. Wick was still a solid success initially, not a slam dunk blockbuster. It was a bit of a surprise that a sequel was greenlit since many sequels do worse.

But I'm sure you've got screamfeeder levels of Hollywood industry knowledge.

Well apparently you have those connections too because you are doubling down on your faggoty retardation.

How was there doubt on a sequel when the sequel was green lit while the movie was still in its early theater run and less than 6 months after the first release they were already in production for the sequel?

Why don’t you break down those “theater cuts” you loopy cunt.

If a film makes over double its budget it is 99 percent profitable. This made its budget in profit.

• 1Garbage

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
genysis had some really great ideas in there hiding under a general mess of poor acting and bad marketing. it wouldn't have been a GREAT movie, but it would have been significantly better if the trailers didn't spoil that john conner was a terminator.

I hate that movie but I do like the first act or so right up until Sarah Conner and Kyle Reese have a stilted, zero charisma back and forth in the locker room. Alternate time-line T1 with a bunch of crazy shit was fine by me.

Whoever inserted that Cops television show joke with the Bad Boys theme needs a sack beating.

DickTrickle

Well apparently you have those connections too because you are doubling down on your faggoty retardation.

How was there doubt on a sequel when the sequel was green lit while the movie was still in its early theater run and less than 6 months after the first release they were already in production for the sequel?

Why don’t you break down those “theater cuts” you loopy cunt.

If a film makes over double its budget it is 99 percent profitable. This made its budget in profit.

American studios routinely take 50-55 of domestic grosses, but that depends on how frontloaded it is. Foreign varies a lot, from 25 to 50% depending on how distribution is done.

A massive success, you said. Let's say 20 million dollars is right. It's still only a solid success for an industry grossing 12 billion a year. Studios can only invest in so many movies so it's not just about whether there is some profit. A studio can't make 300 movies even if they would all be profitable. The word of mouth and streaming rentals had a huge effect with Wick. That sealed the deal -- it didn't happen when you said it did.

Why are you arguing this, faggot? It was a solid, moderate success, much like Terminator you retarded fanboy. Making out like it was something more is dumb.

Edit: for facts, release day was in October 2014. DVD/streaming was Feb 3 2015. Greenlight was may 2015. Know what you're talking about. Lionsgate Reloads John Wick 2

Last edited:

Rude

Potato del Grande
I think John Conner gets killed off, which would fit the theme for this movie and the womyn empowerment bullshit going on. John Conner's an evil white male, the time for them to lead mankind is over. Can't wait for this movie to crash and burn, maybe they'll finally give up on the franchise.

• 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
American studios routinely take 50-55 of domestic grosses, but that depends on how frontloaded it is. Foreign varies a lot, from 25 to 50% depending on how distribution is done.

A massive success, you said. Let's say 20 million dollars is right. It's still only a solid success for an industry grossing 12 billion a year. Studios can only invest in so many movies so it's not just about whether there is some profit. A studio can't make 300 movies even if they would all be profitable. The word of mouth and streaming rentals had a huge effect with Wick. That sealed the deal -- it didn't happen when you said it did.

Why are you arguing this, faggot? It was a solid, moderate success, much like Terminator you retarded fanboy. Making out like it was something more is dumb.

Edit: for facts, release day was in October 2014. DVD/streaming was Feb 3 2015. Greenlight was may 2015. Know what you're talking about. Lionsgate Reloads John Wick 2

In February 2015, directors Chad Stahelski and David Leitch stated that a John Wick sequel had begun development.[14][15] In the same month, Jon Feltheimer, CEO of Lionsgate, stated during a conference call that "We see John Wick as a multiple-title action franchise". Additionally, it was reported that Kolstad would return to write the screenplay.

Same fucking month it debuted in the U.K.

• 1Direct to DVD

DickTrickle

In February 2015, directors Chad Stahelski and David Leitch stated that a John Wick sequel had begun development.[14][15] In the same month, Jon Feltheimer, CEO of Lionsgate, stated during a conference call that "We see John Wick as a multiple-title action franchise". Additionally, it was reported that Kolstad would return to write the screenplay.

Same fucking month it debuted in the U.K.

UK, okay. I don't know why I didn't assume that!

Also, wrong about that last bit -- it debuted in the UK on April 10th. Lol. So, for sure, that didn't factor in. But yeah, just days after the streaming release (just perhaps that was a factor like I said...), they verbally committed to sequels.

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
No, it was doomed from the start when they cast Emilia Clarke.

The only reason to cast Emilia Clarke in anything is if you need an actress willing to show some tits and ass, that's the extent of her acting skills.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Killing John Connor is a good "twist" to try to keep the franchise fresh, which they had already toyed with. T:SCC hinted at a "what if no John Connor?" future in the series finale, and it really didn't seem (outwardly) that different since the Reeces pretty much took his place.

Since Terminator is pretty much multiverse, then the only "win" goal is Skynet propagating itself across as much of the multiverse as possible. Everyone in a fucked up future stays in their fucked up future, the only people who have the potential to be saved are the people in the timeline you travel back to in the hopes you can alter the future.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
All right, listen you fucking cucks. All we want is a good action movie with a decent foundational premise in a hopefully vague time-loop to give an excuse to have a nigh-indestructible robot chasing the protagonist.

T2 was successful because the action sequences were bad ass and the antagonist was awesome, especially for the time. That scene with the tanker truck was amazeballs.

The gas station giant robot and subsequent chase scene and some of the hunter-killer stuff in Salvation were all awesome, but the rest of the movie was such garbled bullshit that it was unredeemable.

Furlong was a tumor to my brain in T2 but the movie succeeded in spite of that. The insistence of strong female characters in all the movies outside of Sarah Connor in the first 2 I feel paved the foundation for the failure of the franchise - female terminator (oooh I can make my tits bigger, yawn), younger Sarah (ugh, Emilia Clarke is literally the Jai Courtney of female actors - how do they keep getting roles?) and now this new movie.

At some point in both the Aliens and Terminator series I had hoped that SOMEONE would step up and say STOP PROSELYTIZING AND MAKE A FUCKING ACTION MOVIE. All Aliens had to do is have character with real motivations that act within character (why is every scientist so stupid?) and all Terminator needed was more bang bang chase.

• 2Like