All right, listen you fucking cucks.

giphy.gif

• 8Worf
  • 1Jonesing
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 9 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I'll be honest, I think the Edward Furlong hate is a little blown out of proportion. I think among all movies ever made, T2 (theatrical release) is about as close to perfect as any movie has ever come. What else is near perfect? Abyss? Gladiator?

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Godfather 2
Goodfellas
The Thing
Fight Club
No Country for Old Men
Mad Max
THE LAST JEDI
Silence of the Lambs
Office Space
Groundhog Day
Back to the Future
Die Hard
Jurassic Park
Ghostbusters
Predator
Conan the Barbarian

• 3Garbage
  • 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I'll be honest, I think the Edward Furlong hate is a little blown out of proportion. I think among all movies ever made, T2 (theatrical release) is about as close to perfect as any movie has ever come. What else is near perfect? Abyss? Gladiator?

Raiders of the Lost Ark, you heathen!

• 1Salty
  • 1Picard
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
sometimes you have a great actor in a terrible movie and despite all their best efforts, they can't fix the movie. edward furlong in t2 is the polar opposite. despite his best efforts he couldn't ruin the movie. that's not to say that he wasn't that bad, it's to say that t2 was just so amazing it didn't matter. i think, also, at the time linda hamilton was so hot and scary and deranged looking that we all tolerated edward furlong just to keep her on our good side. but she's old now so i'm not worried anymore.

anyway, there's really two ways to take the plot of a terminator movie... t1 and t2 were ultimately pretty simple and straight forward. save john conner from evil indestructible robot. t2 definitely toyed with more complex emotions with sarah conner. she's training to basically become a terminator herself in order to do what she thinks is the right thing, all the while john is teaching the terminator to become more human. but ultimately it's all fairly simple andi don't mean that as a criticism. it doesn't try to out complicate itself.

the rest of the movies in the series have all tried to be more complex just for the sake of complexity, it seems. in t3, they keep holding back who actually sent back arnie, they keep trying to obfuscate who the t-x's targets are and why. in salvation, they artifically withhold character simple character information like reece's name just to get a fast one over the audience, marcus is a terminator with free will... or is he? the movie never answers that but it doesn't set it up in any kind of satisfying or even interesting way. genysis gets all complicated with letting the audience know that the characters know about all the multiple timelines but doesn't do anything really creative with it, outside of the initial t2 reversal scenes...

if dark fate wants to succeed it needs to drop the complexity in the plot, or give that complexity some meaning. t2 was great because the plot gave reason for the action scenes without confusing the audience. there's never a part in t2 where people are like, wait, why are they doing this? but there are a ton of those scenes in every other terminator movie since

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider

Armageddon

• 2Garbage

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The Dark Knight, one of the best movies ever made.

Though spronk has a pretty damn good list.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Goatface

stumbled across this, certainly no expert on this stuff, but doesn't seem like T:DF is getting much bang for their bucks while not spending that much.

Top Movie Commercials by Weekly TV Spend

$5.95M – Terminator: Dark Fate
Impressions: 175,460,381
Attention Score: 95.54
Attention Index: 125
National Airings: 307
Networks: 33
Most Spend On: NBC, FOX
Creative Versions: 4
Est. Lifetime TV Spend: $8.57M
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Started Airing: 05/30/19

figures are based on estimates generated from Oct. 7-13

$6.38M – The Addams Family
Impressions: 523,678,374
Attention Score: 93.55
Attention Index: 92

National Airings: 1,728
Networks: 40
Creative Versions: 29
Est. Lifetime TV Spend: $27.15M
Studio: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM)
Started Airing: 09/09/19
$5.95M – Terminator: Dark Fate
Impressions: 175,460,381
Attention Score: 95.54
Attention Index: 125

National Airings: 307
Networks: 33
Creative Versions: 4
Est. Lifetime TV Spend: $8.57M
Started Airing: 05/30/19
$5.51M – Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
Impressions: 412,406,988
Attention Score: 95.27
Attention Index: 120

National Airings: 927
Networks: 34
Most Spend On: NBC, ABC
Creative Versions: 48
Est. Lifetime TV Spend: $18.06M
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures
Started Airing: 05/14/19
$5.41M – Gemini Man
Impressions: 403,370,844
Attention Score: 93.01
Attention Index: 85

National Airings: 1,161
Networks: 37
Creative Versions: 37
Est. Lifetime TV Spend: $26.27M
Started Airing: 09/15/19
$4.83M – Zombieland: Double Tap
Impressions: 266,845,612
Attention Score: 95.75
Attention Index: 128

National Airings: 683
Networks: 31
Most Spend On: FOX, ESPN
Creative Versions: 26
Est. Lifetime TV Spend: $10.89M
Studio: Columbia Pictures
Started Airing: 08/27/19

Opening estimates now put it in the $40-45mil range, nothing opening that week expected to earn more than $8m. bunch of sites putting a positive spin on it running with "could break the franchise record"

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
he's shit

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Godfather 2
Goodfellas
The Thing
Fight Club
No Country for Old Men
Mad Max