Terminator (2019)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How did they manage to turn a legitimate hotty into someone I just assumed was the first transgender Terminator?

I'm sure she'll look good in the actual movie, but that promotional pic...man, I'd be on the phone to my agent if I were her.
I mean, if you're going back in time to this era and trying to infiltrate... wouldn't that seem like a logical way to go?

But as far as taking the job as an actor, yeah I will question that.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
wait a minute, that's actually a woman? I spammed the jameson laugh because I thought that was the actor playing John.

• 9Worf
  • 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

Sterling

El Presidente
She was the satellite engineer chick in The Martian too.
mackenzie-davis-wallpapers-27057-8963508.jpg

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
She was pretty solid in the TV show Halt and Catch Fire, but I also immediately thought she was an androgynous John Connor. Looks like she might be a lady terminator (good luck pulling off anythijg close to Summer Glau), or a Cyborg. Linda Hamilton is a badass, but the hair dye job old ladies do for films is obnoxious (see Gates McFadden in the later TNG films).

TSCC ended on such a high note. I was looking forward to Terminator in the 50-60's. Kinna like Dark Matter, just blew their load on those last episodes. Ah well.

This is guaranteed to be a necrotic dumpster fire, even with the Deadpool director at the helm, which may even make matters worse. I feel like we've lost something in films between Terminator 2 and T3. The grim realism, lack of emoism, and none of the false women empowerment bullshit they're trying to stick down our throats.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
How did they manage to turn a legitimate hotty into someone I just assumed was the first transgender Terminator?

I'm sure she'll look good in the actual movie, but that promotional pic...man, I'd be on the phone to my agent if I were her.

My literal first thought was "What the fuck is that thing in the middle?"

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I saw a screening of T2 in 3D last year at Paramount where James Cameron came out and addressed the future of the series.

He specifically mentioned how its going to introduce a new female lead to carry the franchise forward, strong women in cinema blah blah blah

I remember explaining to my best friend that this totally ignores the Sarah ===> John Connor ===> mankind's salvation dynamic of the storyline so far.

After showing him this image, he's starting to get it:

"They're going to alienate the long time fans to go for a wider audience and fail miserably." And for the record, yes; he too thought the woman in the middle was John Connor. Or, at least, a man.

joz123

Potato del Grande
He wants to Ghostbusters the Terminator franchise. Ya that will end well.

• 2Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Her best known work

Slightly NSFW.

How the fuck is that the same hooker from 2049??
"They're going to alienate the long time fans to go for a wider audience and fail miserably." And for the record, yes; he too thought the woman in the middle was John Connor. Or, at least, a man.

Typical liberal beta males.

• 1Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
So another franchise doing this girl power bullshit? Ghost Busters, Ocean Eight, what else we got where this has been a miserable failure?

Auto-skip for me.

• 1Solidarity

joz123

Potato del Grande
Plot twist: All the females are shitty terminator copies and die within the first 5 minutes to John Connor and Arnold.

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Better plot twist: Shirley Manson T-1000 makes a cameo and they finish the John Henry storyline from TSCC lol

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Linda Hamilton looks like she's been kicking Terminator ass and taking names since birth. Still don't know if I'd buy to go see it though.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, the first time I saw that pic I thought the chick in the middle was a previously unseen Skarsgard brother. Sort of like how Baldwins pop up out of nowhere.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
When this "everything now needs to feature all women" things ends, it will be great.

• 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
At least they picked a franchise that was already burning to the ground.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Djg_zjfUYAAK3FJ.jpg:large

middle chick looks a little too dyke-y but linda still kicking ass. hope this movie isn't women blowing off terminator dicks
Reminds me of this dude from "I Am Number Four."
ia-001r_wide-8000e6cd26a65303e12967b918074169e5903e69.jpg

• 2Like