Terminator (2019)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Saw the movie, it was whatever.

Thread is just making me want to go back and watch The Sarah Conner Chronicles. I was just randomly reminded of one of the terminators in that show who was sent back to the 20's or something, started a construction company?, sealed himself in the walls of one of their buildings for decades but I can't remember why...

Oh shieeet, looks like the show is back on Amazon Prime video right now. Gonna have to hit it up before its gone again!

Bro, don't forget one of the last episodes where John finally gets to "fuck" the Summer Glau terminator!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
mIY6DZV.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i was thinking earlier... could you guys imagine what we'd all think of the terminator franchise if they just stopped at 2?

but then i realized that if that somehow miraculously happened, someone in hollywood would be like "bruh, let's make a terminator sequel" and we'd be right back where we are right now.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i was thinking earlier... could you guys imagine what we'd all think of the terminator franchise if they just stopped at 2?

but then i realized that if that somehow miraculously happened, someone in hollywood would be like "bruh, let's make a terminator sequel" and we'd be right back where we are right now.
that did happen, the story ended, people loved it, then they moved on with their lives. 12 years later, some hollywood dumbfuck who ran out of ideas, decided there might still be gold in them thar hills and started this shit rolling again. nobody asked for it, yet there it was.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
It's very simple. There was Terminator. Then there was Terminator 2. Judgment day was stopped. The time-loop was closed. Roll credits.

The rest of the whatever is just live action fan-fics. This keeps my blood pressure down, try it.

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
that did happen, the story ended, people loved it, then they moved on with their lives. 12 years later, some hollywood dumbfuck who ran out of ideas, decided there might still be gold in them thar hills and started this shit rolling again. nobody asked for it, yet there it was.
it's all James Camerons fault, that pussy never objected b/c "he didn't want to stop his friends from making money off his previous work" or some shit.

if he put his foot down and said, fuck you no T3...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it's all James Camerons fault, that pussy never objected b/c "he didn't want to stop his friends from making money off his previous work" or some shit.

if he put his foot down and said, fuck you no T3...
I don't think he had a say as he has never owned the franchise. They can and most likely will keep making these films til the real terminators come along and put us out of our misery.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I don't think he had a say as he has never owned the franchise. They can and most likely will keep making these films til the real terminators come along and put us out of our misery.

Oh my god.

Oh my god.

Ok plot for T7: Terminators come back in time and stop the production of Terminator movies after T2. So it's like meta, or some shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Really, the franchise stopped being worth viewing time (on whatever media) after T2. This is not likely to change.

Still, sequels 20+ years later CAN be good, so there's always at least a *little* hope (Fury Road, I'm looking at you).

• 3Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Really, the franchise stopped being worth viewing time (on whatever media) after T2. This is not likely to change.

Still, sequels 20+ years later CAN be good, so there's always at least a *little* hope (Fury Road, I'm looking at you).
Fury road is a 2 hour meme of awesome. I still don't know if that means it was a good movie. But it was awesome

Sterling

El Presidente
2049 was a great movie. Fury Road was exactly what Miller wanted it to be and even if it's a bit low on plot you can't say it wasn't full on adrenaline fueled entertainment.

The Sarah Conor Chronicles was legit good, certainly better than anything t3 and beyond. Also T3 wasn't necessarily a bad movie taken in a vacuum, it's just that it kind of messed with the timeline/lore stuff which is close to inevitable if you're doing timetravel shit over a bunch of movies and shit.