Terminator (2019)

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow that looked awful. The special effects looked like they had not finished the work yet. I hope that was the case because that looked like something that was going straight to VHS not to a theater.

Linda Hamilton and this franchise do have one thing in common, they both look like they have been over milked at this point. Please let this idea die if it is not going to be taken seriously. I will not waste my money on this.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Isnt he busy working on avatar 2,3,4,5 right now simultaneously? Dude doesnt have time to focus on Terminator 7: You Have To Go Back

It just seem so insane he's working on *4* sequels to Avatar. It's rare for any franchise to have even a good trilogy. Even Terminator could only pump out 2 great movies. Four just seems insane!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I'm interested in it because James Cameron is attached to it. He makes great sequels, right? I'm kinda going to use Terminator as a test to see if he can really make a sequel to Avatar. Avatar was a complete story, I can't believe they're doing multiple more.

You mean you aren't ready for Movie six of the avatar universe where giant blue hippy smurfs liberate shitty conservative capitalist planet earth?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
CGI/VFX is bad b/c tim miller director used Blur studios, his own cgi studio to do the vfx

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It just seem so insane he's working on *4* sequels to Avatar. It's rare for any franchise to have even a good trilogy. Even Terminator could only pump out 2 great movies. Four just seems insane!
to be fair, he made that statement like ten years ago and he's made other movies since then. i think he was just trying to impress people.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You would never know Cameron isnt the director with how this movie is being marketed. 100% bullshit con job.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Well, Cameron did the "this is the true sequel to T2"-thing before.

He's more than happy to take a suitcase of money to talk up a some random Terminator sequel. Doesn't mean shit, IMO.

Only true sequel to T2 I will accept is Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The trailer was meh. Maybe because I'm not invested in this series anymore.
And the terminators are always the best ever and still, the humans always prevail.
The machines are the dumbest villains ever lol

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Really happy for more Terminator, can't wait. That said:

-I don't like the name Dark Fate

-The Bjork music they chose for this is a really good track in and of itself, but I don't think it fits the trailer. It's too maudlin, like this is Watchmen or something. This needed to be a little more Terminator-ish musically.

-The whole trailer pretty much is just the two terminators fighting each other. It doesn't look like this movie does much that's new.

-They've got Human Scientist Arnold, which means the Terminator movies have stolen the last remaining Big Idea from the S.M. Stirling T2 Sequel Books that they hadn't already lifted. If his name is Dieter, then RIP.

-The villain Terminator looks way too much like the T-3000 nanoterminator from Genisys, except he might be more liquid. Can't tell if his internal skeleton is solid or not because he's impaled through the midsection and visibly shot through it in a couple frames which makes it look like he's all liquid. The T-3000 had a skeleton IIRC. What's with post-T1000 terminators having skeletons? It started with the TX in T3. It's a step back. They can't move through bars and stuff.

-Oh, I get it. The main terminator does have a skeleton, but he's able to shed his skin to reform a fully-liquid body and attack with it, which is how he was shot-through in those frames. This is sorta interesting, like a better version of TX. Still looks too much like the T-3000 though.

-The hero terminator seems like an improved version of Marcus, a hybrid. So we've got an upgraded version of the Salvation hero fighting an upgraded version of the Genisys villain.

-I think Salvation is going to age the best of the T2 followups, this included. I can already detect people coming around on it now. It's the only one that tried anything new really, and by going back to 2018 with "old tech" they didn't have to invent any new Michael Bay super-terminators. Just humans fighting lumbering death-mechs, as the Lord intended.

-With all the talk about "this is ignoring the other movies", it's only actually contradictory with one of them. This isn't Highlander where every movie contradicts all the others. Since Salvation functions as a prequel and Genisys functions as an alternate timeline where everybody lives happily ever after, the only movie that Dark Fate is really replacing is T3. So T3 is the one I'll probably be comparing it to directly. It's got a lot in common with T3, an over-the-top action spectacle. Difference is Sarah isn't dead and Arnold isn't the hero. Protecting John wasn't actually the objective in T3, protecting his girlfriend was. So this movie having a new damsel in distress fits there too. Speaking of...where the hell is John?

• 1Dislike

Cybsled

If John Connor missing was explained away as he time traveled to the future to chase John Henry / Cameron's chip, then this would be an awesome movie lol

• 2Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Really happy for more Terminator, can't wait. That said:

-I don't like the name Dark Fate

-The Bjork music they chose for this is a really good track in and of itself, but I don't think it fits the trailer. It's too maudlin, like this is Watchmen or something. This needed to be a little more Terminator-ish musically.

-The whole trailer pretty much is just the two terminators fighting each other. It doesn't look like this movie does much that's new.

-They've got Human Scientist Arnold, which means the Terminator movies have stolen the last remaining Big Idea from the S.M. Stirling T2 Sequel Books that they hadn't already lifted. If his name is Dieter, then RIP.

-The villain Terminator looks way too much like the T-3000 nanoterminator from Genisys, except he might be more liquid. Can't tell if his internal skeleton is solid or not because he's impaled through the midsection and visibly shot through it in a couple frames which makes it look like he's all liquid. The T-3000 had a skeleton IIRC. What's with post-T1000 terminators having skeletons? It started with the TX in T3. It's a step back. They can't move through bars and stuff.

-Oh, I get it. The main terminator does have a skeleton, but he's able to shed his skin to reform a fully-liquid body and attack with it, which is how he was shot-through in those frames. This is sorta interesting, like a better version of TX. Still looks too much like the T-3000 though.

-The hero terminator seems like an improved version of Marcus, a hybrid. So we've got an upgraded version of the Salvation hero fighting an upgraded version of the Genisys villain.

-I think Salvation is going to age the best of the T2 followups, this included. I can already detect people coming around on it now. It's the only one that tried anything new really, and by going back to 2018 with "old tech" they didn't have to invent any new Michael Bay super-terminators. Just humans fighting lumbering death-mechs, as the Lord intended.

-With all the talk about "this is ignoring the other movies", it's only actually contradictory with one of them. This isn't Highlander where every movie contradicts all the others. Since Salvation functions as a prequel and Genisys functions as an alternate timeline where everybody lives happily ever after, the only movie that Dark Fate is really replacing is T3. So T3 is the one I'll probably be comparing it to directly. It's got a lot in common with T3, an over-the-top action spectacle. Difference is Sarah isn't dead and Arnold isn't the hero. Protecting John wasn't actually the objective in T3, protecting his girlfriend was. So this movie having a new damsel in distress fits there too. Speaking of...where the hell is John?

It does make me think a lot of Terminator 3 (and not in any good ways). New Terminator type that isn't really a better version, a big yellow vehicle smashing through shit, half assed regression on tech, overuse of CGI, cheese and pomp, shit story, John is apparently dead in this one (he was a pussy in T3). Sarah Connor now wants to speak to a manager (she was dead in T3).

Brad2770

-I think Salvation is going to age the best of the T2 followups, this included.

Read this and then watch Salvation.

A very fun book. As for each of the remakes, I look at it as Skynet fucking with the timeline so much, some things have gotten wonky, but it all still fits in the same universe. I have enjoyed them all. At this point, they need to keep telling the story, but with no official ending.

Genisys didn’t keep going. SCC didn’t keep going. Salvation left you hanging. Heck, do like 30 or so different films over the next 50 years. Then start using future movie tech and the DeepFake tech to CG past movie actors in. Start building towards some sort of Terminator/Avengers type thing with all the timelines converging to take out Skynet.

I have been drinking.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Heck, do like 30 or so different films over the next 50 years.
I have been drinking.

I see you are a hardcore masochist when drinking. I'm not sure if the rest of the world should suffer for your pleasure though.....fine! 2+2=5 just don't threaten us anymore.

• 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
And the terminators are always the best ever and still, the humans always prevail.

Yeah but the vast majority of the human race dies in a nuclear holocaust in every timeline as well. There are clearly limits to how much you can change with time travel. Time bends but it doesn't break and it corrects back towards its original course like a river.

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
EE4FF494-C820-4DD9-9BDD-6CBF1E50A724.jpeg

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Oh, oh, I have an idea for the next Terminator movie.

No Terminators.

That could even be the title.

• 1Worf
  • 1Great Review