Terminator (2019)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
My hype for this movie is starting to die a death. I don't care about all of the girl-power stuff since I've gotten used to it at this point. That leak though, wow. I almost feel like Tim Miller is just trying to spite the fanbase.

For wrestling fans, it's like when WWE's ratings are down and Vince says "GIVE THEM MORE ROMAN."

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they always hijack existing successful entities because they can't create their own
I think the formula is, insert woke as a twist to rekindle a previously successful franchise. Some dummy exec thought up this idea that identity politics is really hip with the kids these days on twitter. So they pander to this audience who isn't there outside the twitter bubble, doesn't care or doesn't have cash.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
movie will be R rated

also spoiler about casting in the movie
Edward Furlong will be returning as John Conner

wut

Er...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

This should be interesting...

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe he'll play an elder, fat Connor with wisdom, being a sort of teacher years after the war ended, teaching people about the dangers of AI, the mistakes mankind made and learning not to make those mistakes ever again.

• 1Worf

escrima

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe he'll play an elder, fat Connor with wisdom, being a sort of teacher years after the war ended, teaching people about the dangers of AI, the mistakes mankind made and learning not to make those mistakes ever again.
He also gets killed within the first ten minutes

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Older fatter substance abusing John Conner would be easy to tell a story with. He got crushed by the weight of his destiny as the messiah.

One of the better ideas I saw someone float involving Conner was that in the future the human resistance used John Conner as a code name. The machines knew Conner was an existential threat and would throw maximum force at any mission he was on or location he was at. Despite the machines having overwhelming forces the humans were doing alright by having a series of John Conners out in the field at any given time. Failure? John Conner miraculously survived! Success? The savior of humanity wins again!

As long as the machines are putting energy towards the death of "John Conner" they're vulnerable to asymetical attacks and they aren't systematically wiping out the remaining human settlements.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Older fatter substance abusing John Conner would be easy to tell a story with. He got crushed by the weight of his destiny as the messiah.

One of the better ideas I saw someone float involving Conner was that in the future the human resistance used John Conner as a code name. The machines knew Conner was an existential threat and would throw maximum force at any mission he was on or location he was at. Despite the machines having overwhelming forces the humans were doing alright by having a series of John Conners out in the field at any given time. Failure? John Conner miraculously survived! Success? The savior of humanity wins again!

As long as the machines are putting energy towards the death of "John Conner" they're vulnerable to asymetical attacks and they aren't systematically wiping out the remaining human settlements.

i heard that before as well. i want to even say that sarah conner chronicles introduced this idea? but maybe i'm way off... either way the idea was that the real john conner died in some no name battle but the resistance knew that the machines were after him. so they kept using the name in random missions as well as throwing his name out all over the place so the civilians had someone to cheer for

Cybsled

Sarah Conner Chronicles didnt have a code name I don't think, but it did multiverse time travel so in timelines where John Conner didn't exist, someone else took up his role. The final episode showed that Kyle Reese basically was John Conner when John left the timeline.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sarah Conner Chronicles didnt have a code name I don't think, but it did multiverse time travel so in timelines where John Conner didn't exist, someone else took up his role. The final episode showed that Kyle Reese basically was John Conner when John left the timeline.

That is not how I took it.

There's a simpler explanation. When John time-jumped into the future he went missing from time, therefore, the resistance didn't know who John Connor was until the point he arrived into the future.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Sarah Conner Chronicles was better than anything that's come after T2.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 7 users

Brad2770

I really wanted to see what Shirley Manson was all about. Would be funny if her faction of Terminators were eventually revealed as Legion.

Goatface

i have mixed feelings about tscc, parts of it fantastic but other parts were iffy to crap. don't know if it has changed in recent years, but friedman said he would never reveal season 3 plans. the kid that played john, said one of the ideas was for an old sarah to join him in the future.
=
i still like the 3rd one and certainly tons better than Salvation and Genisys. think one of the main issues is the t-1000 is so op it is nearly impossible to one up it. look at all the crazy shit in salvation and it was all /yawn.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
An old Sara who inexplicably survived the cancer that killed her?

Anyway, TSCC getting cancelled and leaving us with that S2 finale is so enraging.

• 2Solidarity

Cybsled

That is not how I took it.

There's a simpler explanation. When John time-jumped into the future he went missing from time, therefore, the resistance didn't know who John Connor was until the point he arrived into the future.

Right, but the point I was trying to make is that there was a human resistance / etc without John Connor.

You're correct that the moment he traveled to the future, in that timeline he wasn't around for Judgement Day and all that stuff, thus no legend of John Connor. But then the cliffhanger is he finds out Kyle Reese is leading the resistance in this altered timeline.

I mean, you could read into this a million different ways and we can only speculate since there wont be a S3. Reasonable to assume that after John time jumps, Sarah makes sure that certain things will be set in motion to ensure that there is a human resistance. Specifically, that the Reeses survive and become the core of the future resistance.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Well, that featurette actually looked pretty cool - and the leaks of a change away from the old, tired story line actually make me think this movie has a chance.

I think Linda Hamilton is too old to carry the movie, but Arnold's slow movements can be edited out.

I was a NOPE NEVER and now I am a meh maybe.

T1 and T2 were movies of my generation so I guess it is okay to hope they revive some of the old horror of 1 and action of 2. I look back at 2 and still think how great that movie had to be to overcome one of the worst performances in modern history in Furlong and all the "NO KILLING WHAAAAAAAHHHHH!" bullshit.

• 2Like

Brad2770

I look back at 2 and still think how great that movie had to be to overcome one of the worst performances in modern history in Furlong and all the "NO KILLING WHAAAAAAAHHHHH!" bullshit.

In the script’s defense, if I were a ten year old given full command of a killer cyborg, I think I would prefer it didn’t kill either. But I agree on the acting. It was and still is cringe, especially the “Are you calling moi a dipshit?”

• 1Like