Terminator (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i didn't read the spoiler, but thats what they did with GOT terminator, he stayed and aged, the girl calls him pops
it gets better, in this film hes been in a sexless marriage for decades and takes care of another man's child. he's a literal cuck.

• 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Great Review
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Jesus Christ, Natalia Reyes is hot.

Edit: I'm actually surprised that they have her with her hair down and round hips in that shot, considering how de-feminized she is in basically all of the other promotional pictures for the movie.

She's gorgeous in real life when she isn't in a dude's outfit with cornrows:

1573029827990.png

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

lowest 5 day take of all Terminator sequels
1573066806640.png

Genisys did start on a Thursday, but DF was tracking to at least match it, but new estimates having it falling short of $89m
and Deadline upped the estimated lost to $130m now
predicted to get a slight bump with Veterans Day weekend with $13-14m, but still drop to at least 4th behind Dr Sleep, Last Christmas and Midway

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think that the first 3 Terminator movies make a satisfying full circle and there's nothing else really needed to add to that story.

Terminator 4 adds some background to the future portion to the story but is optional.

That's it. The franchise is done forever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
I think that the first 3 Terminator movies make a satisfying full circle and there's nothing else really needed to add to that story.

Terminator 4 adds some background to the future portion to the story but is optional.

That's it. The franchise is done forever.
The show was much better than anything after t2.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I watched this today. I don't get the massive hate for this movie. I loved it. I'm not saying this was a deep, life changing movie, but for a Terminator sequel, it was great. Terminator: The Force Awakens: Fast Five, started off with a fucking bang. Seeing the old clip of Sarah in the mental institution was enjoyable, and put me in the right mindset by reminding me how awesome T2 is. It was great to see young Sarah Connor, and I'm sure a lot of people enjoyed Edward Furlong getting killed (did adult him have any actual role?) The first 20-25 minutes were EXCELLENT. Linda Hamilton was EXCELLENT. Arnold was fine and looked good. Grace was totally fine. The new Terminator was OK, not great. The splitting into two made no sense really, why not just have two? There was one scene where he says "Say, do you have a helicopter" and it was just like Robert Patrick's "Say, that's a nice bike." Besides the one line, I found him pretty un-intimidating. I enjoyed the ending, it took two "terminators" essentially sacrificing themself to kill the Rev 9.

Obviously this was a total reboot/sequel in the same manner as The Force Awakens, same story line, sent back to protect a woman, etc. Not a super original or intriguing plot. The zero-g action sequence in the crashing plane got a little ridiculous, they must have been about in orbit (lol).

Also, I honestly had ZERO whiffs of SJW shit. There was a scene at the beginning where the mexican guy was like "oh are you alright man?" and I expected her to say "I'm not a man!" but she didn't, so I was happy, and besides that there really wasn't any SJW shit at all. I mean I read the review above, and I knew we can read whatever we want in, and I'm sure I missed some underlying theme about patriarchy or some garbage, but there was NOTHING on the nose. Sarah has to be a woman, lol. The mexican was a girl because they trick you into thinking she's the mother of the leader but really is the leader, which was fine, and the female terminator was great because she was augmented, not because female.

Really enjoyed this. For a Terminator franchise movie, this was great.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
lowest 5 day take of all Terminator sequels
View attachment 229985

Genisys did start on a Thursday, but DF was tracking to at least match it, but new estimates having it falling short of $89m
and Deadline upped the estimated lost to $130m now
predicted to get a slight bump with Veterans Day weekend with $13-14m, but still drop to at least 4th behind Dr Sleep, Last Christmas and Midway

Genisys started on a Wednesday. It made 15m the first two days. The movie can suck but your comparison is false. Also Genisys was in the summer on July 4th weekend. Really hard to do a simple direct comparison there.

But yeah, given the time it's releasing, it will surely make less.

Goatface

Genisys started on a Wednesday. It made 15m the first two days. The movie can suck but your comparison is false. Also Genisys was in the summer on July 4th weekend. Really hard to do a simple direct comparison there.

But yeah, given the time it's releasing, it will surely make less.
Don't know why i said Thursday, but still lowest grossing 1st 5 days of the last 5
1573098466248.png

iannis

Musty Nester
I like I have no mouth and I must scream just fine and all. But the thing is, Ellison didn't write the terminator even if he wrote almost the exact same idea for a tv show. Ellison wrote the TV show.

It's a little shitty, but that's how it works.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I start to wonder if anyone on the planet has a cohesive vision of the overall world-line for the Terminator movies. I know 'timey-wimey' and all that but good lord people.

Cybsled

There really isn't. There was a great episode of T:TSCC where one guy comes back to the past and his future was already altered by the shit going on during the show, then his girlfriend comes back and her future was already altered by virtue of the other guy coming back to the point where she isn't the "same" person he knew when he left.

Any time you deal with time travel that can actually change the timeline, then a "world line" becomes almost impossible to track. With multiverse, technically ALL the timelines are valid, but not really connected.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Is the TV show even available legally? Aside from dvd/bluray? Haven't seen it in ages, I might just torrent it and binge this weekend.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Self Made Man is my favorite episode of the series. There were a few other good ones but I can’t remember them as well. A lot of the ones with the girl and the original T-800 in the basement were good as well.

Sterling

El Presidente
Got wrangled into watching it. Wasn't aggressively bad the way the last couple of movies in the series were but it wasn't exactly great either. It could be bias from the RLM video, but the geriatric action sequences were kind of jarring. Davis was good, most of the rest was hit or miss.

Cybsled

Is the TV show even available legally? Aside from dvd/bluray? Haven't seen it in ages, I might just torrent it and binge this weekend.

Amazon has it for "free" if you have IMDB Tv, whatever the fuck that is. Otherwise you can buy the seasons for $10 each for streaming.

Warner Brothers TV produced the show, so I suspect it will end up on their streaming service when that comes out

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Jesus Christ, Natalia Reyes is hot.

Edit: I'm actually surprised that they have her with her hair down and round hips in that shot, considering how de-feminized she is in basically all of the other promotional pictures for the movie.

She's gorgeous in real life when she isn't in a dude's outfit with cornrows:

View attachment 229878

Lookit that fucking massive manspread the Terminator is doing. That bitch is so triggered.

Edit - yes, she looks amazeballs in that pic.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Got wrangled into watching it. Wasn't aggressively bad the way the last couple of movies in the series were but it wasn't exactly great either. It could be bias from the RLM video, but the geriatric action sequences were kind of jarring. Davis was good, most of the rest was hit or miss.

I found the action sequences jarring myself. Too much shaky-cam, too dark, camera too close to the action. It was hard to tell what was going on a lot of the time, especially during the airplane battle. I would have left that entire part out of the movie (the base, the plane, the EMP red herring). It reminded me of World War Z when he landed in Israel and instantly had the military helping him. In what universe is that realistic?