Terraria

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
Most things you read about Starbound include some form of "by the devs of Terraria!" so I never really looked into it. You're sorta right, Finn Brice was the sprite artist of Terraria and seems to be the lead of Chucklefish which is developing Starbound. It appears that Andrew Spinks ("Redigit") and "Blue" were the two main devs who abandoned Terraria after getting rich from it.

Unless the other 2 guys are going by an alternate name when it comes to Starbound development, I guess they don't have much to do it with it. So, sorry about the false information. I still really dislike those Terraria guys, their intention was obviously to just make a game to make money from instead of just actually wanting to make a great game for people to enjoy. I probably shouldn't let that tarnish my opinion of Starbound.

wantonsoup_sl

shitlord
Like others have said, the game will devour you until you make most of the rare stuff. Really fun multiplayer, as well as some great griefing!

rrr_img_7659.jpg

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
Kaige mentioned terraria would be fun so... Terraria server! Clean slate only. I will reset the server when beat the last boss a few times.

IP: 209.188.25.82
Port: 7783

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
Unless someone beats me to it, I will have a starbound server up for RR.

Plaid_sl

shitlord
Those of you who are running servers, check out the server mods. I had a few installed on mine that added some nice features.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Calac and I, with a brief visit from Yerm eheh, had a really productive day. We mined about 30 admin spots and got enough to finish everyone's admin suits. I farmed enough after Cal left that I have all 3 of my suits done and ready to go after the souls! hehe It's so much more fun with people to actually play with. :)

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Yeah I've been relying on this kind of thread to hear when Starbound has finally stopped the feature creep from hell and has actually been launched. Every time I've ploughed through the several hundred posts I've missed on SA about it I've ended up disappointed at still no release date.

Terraria is on sale again on Steam atm I believe, there's almost nothing out there that gives you so much gaming fun for ?1.49 or whatever. I never messed with the mod scene but my son said there are some decent Total Conversions kicking about.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
I haev found very few that are actually worth getting involved with. Most just add mobs and items, which is fine with me, but some try and change the whole look and feel of it and I just don't understand why anyone would want to do that.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Seeing this bumped got me interested enough to look at the Terraria thread on SA and it turns out Redigit has come out of retirement and is working on another update for the PC version! It's roughly scheduled for the end of May/June and thus far has over 100 item added?! Other than that he has released zero extra info.

Apparently Terraria came out on the PS3 and 360 in the last week, lucky bar stewards get 4 player split screen action and an ingame map.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Yeah the map mod is the only one I run. Makes life so much easier.

Also I farmed all day today and got my wings! If you have never had them OMG what a treat they are! And easy as hell to get too if you can handle hardcore mobs. Gotta kill the wyvern that spawns randomly in the sky around 5 times for 25 Flight Souls then go to a fairy place and kill them for 30 light souls (for angel wings) or kill the mobs in the corruption for 30 Night souls. And then kill harpies for 10 feathers. Go to a mythiral anvil and boom you can now fly and have safe fall. I farmed it and the cloud in a balloon, obsidian horseshoe, and specter shoes so I am set finally as far as accessory goes. Got 2 spots open still. I started farming the mats for a Neptune's shell and I will either farm up for a GPS or get a philosopher's stone but haven't decided yet. I also went ahead and finished getting all three sets of hardcore armor sets done so I can start to work on a Hallowed set.

Calac Oakshield

Molten Core Raider
anyone else want to join? need a few more people to help clear the 3 bosses to get the hallow gear. the 2 bosses eye and skull keep despawning on us when everyone dies to close together.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
anyone else want to join? need a few more people to help clear the 3 bosses to get the hallow gear. the 2 bosses eye and skull keep despawning on us when everyone dies to close together.
I played Terraria for about 20 hours total. I played it mostly like minecraft, digging down, gathering mats to build a house and getting soem crafting done. And starting over a lot. I never saw a boss or anything. Is there really content I cannot see/beat if I play alone or with my kid? Are bosses' difficulty set and not based on the number of players?

Intropy

Shit Gamer
In vanilla Terraria, I was able to beat all of the bosses handily playing solo, it was just a matter of gearing up appropriately and having a strategy for some of the encounters.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
I played this game a lot on release. I think I had even more fun disassembling the game and making my own customer server with better anti griefing, which made my server pretty popular =p Hopefully future games come with better out of the box modding support.