Terraria

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Last I read on the terraria forums Redigit was thinking of developing more content for the game, that was a couple months ago. I try to avoid those forums as much as I can. What a fucking cesspool.

Edit: Yes, he is indeed active in the community right now.http://www.terrariaonline.com/members/redigit.9411/

Edit2: With the caveat that I put 215 hours into Terraria, I'm looking forward to Starbound moreso than the "potential" for more Terraria updates. You can sign up for their newsletter:http://playstarbound.com/newsletter/which is going to let us know once they have a release date.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
OMMFG!!! I had SP down to just his damn fucking head and the server crashed!!! 80 defense and 65% damage seems to be the ticket!

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
well I farmed the destroyer 5 times and got you guys 77 mights and put in a couple extra pieces of hallowed I had and some ninja suits. They are in my chest above my house (the house above the main base). You all are more than welcome to them. Gonna see if I can do SP before I log to play some MC.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
I went back and left you guys another chest of stuff. Figured there was no point it just sitting in my house on my personal world lol. Enjoy!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
For those of you who have played this game multiplayer a bunch... is it just a fact of the game (poor network code?) that the clients to the server have annoying latency that results in warping mobs? I'm trying to play hardcore characters but basically any demon eye will hit me once for every time I can hit it once since it warps to me constantly. Same with the Eater dudes in the corruption areas. Even zombies warp a bit, it's totally obnoxious.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Terraria is the mid-week special on Steam, 66% off. I wonder if that means the patch will be ready soon. A lot of times they put it on sale close to patch time.

Tenks

So if I last played when they added drills and the various new bosses have they not added any content since then?

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
So if I last played when they added drills and the various new bosses have they not added any content since then?
That was the last big content drop. I think they added some content for xmas and a couple of other minor things.

Venijk

You missing some high quality nerd rage when the dev guy had a kid and said he wasn't doing any more updates (was around january last year).

I wouldn't expect this update too soon, the last thing he said was june/july.

There was a post about reaching 100 items. Apparently the console version of the game had 654 items, so knock a hundred off that or so for the PC version = nearly doubling the amount of items in the game for this patch.

Fazana_sl

shitlord

As far as "quality nerd rage" to be fair to the angry, he had made a load of promises and waited until the boxed version hit the shops before then saying "Oh btw, I changed my mind. I'm done, cheers all!"
tongue.png
I more than felt I got my moneys worth from both copies (bought one full price and another steam sale priced at ?1.50 or so) so I wasn't too annoyed, just more a "Cheeky bastard!" reaction to his timing.

Anyways, with Starbound being developed slower than the heat death of the universe he has had time to enjoy being a father and decide he likes money after all!

Venijk

As far as "quality nerd rage" to be fair to the angry, he had made a load of promises and waited until the boxed version hit the shops before then saying "Oh btw, I changed my mind. I'm done, cheers all!"
tongue.png
I more than felt I got my moneys worth from both copies (bought one full price and another steam sale priced at ?1.50 or so) so I wasn't too annoyed, just more a "Cheeky bastard!" reaction to his timing.

Anyways, with Starbound being developed slower than the heat death of the universe he has had time to enjoy being a father and decide he likes money after all!
Don't get me wrong, I was miffed when I found out he was "finished" doing updates. I'm talking about the folks who got literally enraged and spewed hate all over the Terraria forums like he killed their dog or something.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Yeah, the world is full of loonies who react rather badly to not getting their $5 worth.

The new video looks interesting, rocket launcher! Climbing blocks without jumping \o/

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Started playing this again with my kid. I'd like to actually focus on climbing a gear ladder instead of trying to build a cool house. I don't necessarily want shortcuts to the BiS gear. But maybe a quick guide on what to hunt/mine for to get what items and in what order. I checked out the wiki and saw the different pickaxe materials so that's what I am gonna do first. Get myself some iron or gold. I already made a grappling hook which makes mining a lot better.

What's the natural next steps gear wise?