Terraria

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Can you play this with a controller? Fuck playing side scrollers with m/kb.

Edit: nvm, found the answers I was looking for.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I will put a server up assuming I can game on the same box. My computer is on 90% of the time anyhow. If some one else is hosting a more permanent server that is fine too.

Stillborn_sl

shitlord
FYI: 1.2 will be releasing at Midnight Eastern tonight.

------------------------------------------------

No, PC version is not controller friendly atm.
Can you play this with a controller? Fuck playing side scrollers with m/kb.

Edit: nvm, found the answers I was looking for.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
I'll be giving this version a try. I think I had more fun re-compiling the game an making my own custom server with protected structures, anti-griefing code for auto ban and other enhancements. I'd normally host a server but I'm moving so I won't have anything for a month or so.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ok got the basic dedicated server up, will look into what Hachima is saying too. PM for IP info will be up as soon as it is live. If anyone has VOIP we can use that would be awesome, but not really needed.

Plan is all new game and characters, going to try a 6 man max to keep things from being too chaotic.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm starting from scratch myself. I want to see how the new itemization changes things. Plus it seems like it's more viable to be a caster at lower levels now.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Every Terraria update sucks me in for at least a week. The game is pretty damn amazing.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Ok got the basic dedicated server up, will look into what Hachima is saying too. PM for IP info will be up as soon as it is live. If anyone has VOIP we can use that would be awesome, but not really needed.

Plan is all new game and characters, going to try a 6 man max to keep things from being too chaotic.
We can use my vent server. I can add more slots if we need. Has 10 slots atm.

PM me for infoz.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So much new stuff, I have no goddamn idea what I'm doing. OH GOD THERE IS ALL THE IRON.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm game to rock around on a new server. Got a single player map going atm, kind of strange finding tons more iron/tin than copper at the start, tho! Already have an umbrella that slows my fall while I have it selected, and a pair of claws that let me ride walls and do wall jumps and crap. Pretty badass for a start. This doesn't even touch on the variety of enemies and the various shit they have. Zombies studded in arrows that take much longer to kill and resist knockback, or zombies that have horns and jump nonstop making the newbie sword useless. So awesome.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Wanted to play for a couple of hours during FFXIV maintenance, ended up playing 5. There's so much new stuff, pretty good shit too, some might have been patched before I don't know I haven't played in forever. I found some egyptian ruin thing under the desert, which led to an icy area, found some speed boots and some double jump shit in there, makes everything so much easier, even though I end up killing myself from fall damage pretty often when travelling. Found wall climbing claws very quickly too. Also found some weapon that shoots seeds, you get seeds whenever you cut vines and herbs and what not, it's pretty awful as a weapon but it's free ranged attacks basically.

Fairly early I went right of my starting point and there's an area with like red moss and black trees, can cut the trees for shadowwood or something, makes pretty good weapons fairly early and since it was just tree cutting I could do it before the mobs would come. Can also make cactus armor from the desert cactus, while not great it's very easy to collect some. Kinda skipped the early shit because of that and went straight for iron then platinum(for sword/pickaxe, I'm using Tungsten now to make armor since it's more common).

I don't really remember much thoguh I'll probably check the wiki if it has a 1.2 updated page or some shit.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Started playing with disk and hachima 4 hours went by like nothing. I found foot spikes instead of claws that allow for slow sliding down walls, I assume with the hand spikes I can just climb but we will see.

Game is awesome we are all digging in different areas but down is the goal until we get some gear. Good times, can't wait to play more.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just noticed the update went through this morning. I decided to roll a new char and new world for the patch. Hopefully I can get some hours into it soon, it's looking good in the 10 minute preview I got this morning before work.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Only had minimal time to play so far, but really enjoying what I've seen. I decided to start completely from scratch, which I hadn't done in a while. I had forgotten how rough it can be with only 100 hp and a wooden sword!

The new minimap / worldmap feature is without a doubt my favorite feature. I checked out some of the ice biome and also liked it. Bad news is I didn't explore my world much before starting to build my little npc village, and I later found out the world I made has the old corruption instead of the new crimson biome (from what I read, worlds have one or the other, not both?). I'll probably just restart later today and explore to make sure I get a world with crimson before building heavily, since I'd like to try more of the new stuff.

Daedricdigger_sl

shitlord
I finally realized my dream of living in a mushroom.
I started up a new character with a friend and we didn't stop playing until we had nightmare pickaxes and shadow/meteor armor. The game is so much more enjoyable playing with 1-2 other people. Although we can never agree on how to best design the npc house. Its like the 4th time I have started a new Terraria game so I had a good strategy to break the shadow orbs in corruption quickly using dynamite. The new ropes make going down to hell a lot easier. While exploring the ice biome, I found a pair of iceskates, and boots that allow me to walk on water like Jesus. Overall, my favorite change is that clowns no longer blow up your house. So much cool stuff added!

I find the best way to enjoy this game is to try and take it slow (easier said than done) and set goals to accomplish. Make a potion farm early on. Grow a mushroom farm and connect it via a tunnel to the entrance of your hellevator.

Disp_sl

shitlord
So much good shit with this update. I know they added another row of inventory, but I wish they added more. There are so many new blocks and items that drop that my inventory is almost always full. The new items are awesome. I've only found a flare gun, but Hatorade and Hachima were finding all kinds of crazy shit like claws and skates. Being able to craft wands so early on is cool too.

Also holy fuck, the ice biome is bat central. I swear I killed hundreds of bats over a couple hour period there. Seemed like it was almost non stop.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Really liking the update so far. It feels like an entirely new game. For a free content patch, I would rank it among the best ever. Who gives away this much content for free? It easily could have been a $5 DLC.

Count me as a day one buyer for Terraria 2.