Terraria

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Can't wait for this. Bought it for lime 3 bucka and had put 35 hours into it within a week. Then sometbing came out - first Dark Souls maybe - and I never got back to it.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
1.3 patch dropped today. Time to re-install. Along with all the content and changes, they added Steam Cloud. Nice touch.

Would enjoy playing this multiplayer, trying to get my friend to play this but hes hooked on McGames like Arkham Knight so i doubt it'll happen. My problem is i plan on going full retard with this, so server would need to be up 24/7 unless im missing something about how multiplayer works.

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
I had a multiplayer server for a couple months, played a lot with a few guys here. Game is a blast if you can get everyone starting together.

I could put one up but cant guarantee it will stay up 24/7 unfortunately. Im itching to play this multiplayer but not with some random steam kiddies though. If someone with a reliable way to set this up wanna do it, id get in on multiplayer terraria as well. Starting almost clean, i brought some mobility Items, some 999 blocks and a 14 DPS sword, thats basically it.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
How much is server hosting and how many players might we have on at once? I don't feel like maintaining a server but I'll pay to have one hosted somewhere with a great connection 24/7 if it's a few big mac meals/month in price.

Edit: Looks likeVilayer LTD - Shopping Cartis $30/month for a 32 player server. I'll let this sit here for a couple of days to gage interest. If lot's of us want it just post and I'm happy to pick up the tab for a good cause. If you are interested in admin'ing the server let me know that to. I just want to pay and play
wink.png

How much is server hosting and how many players might we have on at once? I don't feel like maintaining a server but I'll pay to have one hosted somewhere with a great connection 24/7 if it's a few big mac meals/month in price.

Edit: Looks likeVilayer LTD - Shopping Cartis $30/month for a 32 player server. I'll let this sit here for a couple of days to gage interest. If lot's of us want it just post and I'm happy to pick up the tab for a good cause. If you are interested in admin'ing the server let me know that to. I just want to pay and play
wink.png
I would guess that what we need is just one guy with a reliable connection and a good gaming rig. My connection has a tendency to jam once a day, which necessitates me turning off the power on my router to reset the connection. So not good if that happens while im sleeping. But if someone has a connection that stays on for weeks on end, we might be golden with simply that. Its worth a try anyway to see what kind of smoothness we get out of that.

I barely know Terraria but apparently you needed a 3rd party soft to run a server before (Hamachi) and now its built-in with 1.3

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
When the game first came out I recompiled their server code back and added uPNP support as a convenience for myself. It was like a 2 line fix =/ It's nice they added it themselves though. I also had my own cheat protection/mods built in. It sounds like these days TShock is what people use for customization.

I have an extra pc I don't use for anything and set up a vanilla expert mode large world dedicated server at terraria.hachima.com:7777 Currently set at 32 players.

Nothing at all has been built there yet.

Dedicated i7 with 24GB ram and plenty of bandwidth.

4472069029.png

If there is interest I can probably host a few worlds concurrently np.

When the game first came out I recompiled their server code back and added uPNP support as a convenience for myself. It was like a 2 line fix =/ It's nice they added it themselves though. I also had my own cheat protection/mods built in. It sounds like these days TShock is what people use for customization.

I have an extra pc I don't use for anything and set up a vanilla normal mode large world dedicated server at terraria.hachima.com:7777 Currently set at 32 players.

Nothing at all has been built there yet.

Dedicated i7 with 24GB ram and plenty of bandwidth.

4472069029.png

If there is interest I can probably host a few worlds concurrently np.
On 1.3 right? Thanks! I will start using this right now. Edit: says im not using the same version

Had to patch it! Thanks again will be setting up on that server

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bleh, I can't open my older worlds in the new version. Apparently it's a widespread bug, and the current fix is to get a hold of a copy of 1.2.4, open the world and save it, then re-open it in 1.3.

Problem is finding a copy of 1.2.4 for download that isn't loaded with computer HIV.