Tex Murphy: The Tesla Effect

Jait

Molten Core Raider

It's back, baby. I donated 100$ during the Kickstarter. Money.well.fucking.spent. Can't wait. It gives me 90s tingles.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I loved these games but are there any actual game play vids? What engine is it using for the actual gaming part?

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I can't find them on youtube, but the videos over at the project fedora members area show the gameplay and have for a while. Very, very similar to Pandora moreso than Overseer. Fans are basically directing the game so they're using what worked, not anything groundbreaking new. I'll look around tomorrow and post what I can find from the site. I thought they'd be public by now. Just a bone they threw to people who donated.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Wait, so was this the Kickstarter? Oh shit I didn't even realize it reached goal. Donated back however long ago and just never read my Gmails.... hell yeah!

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I can't find the videos for the life of me, but I swear I saw one showing gameplay VERY similar to Pandora. Looked through the TM: Mutant League boards too, nada.

They are still accepting sponsors/pre-orders over at Texmurphy.com and the fedora site. If anyone has any plans at all of buying this, it's best to do so now as the money continues to go towards the production. At the end of this month that will no longer be true as they're getting close to done. They've added a lot more content since shooting past the 450k goal to 650k including movies, cast, puzzles, music, etc...

Wait, so was this the Kickstarter? Oh shit I didn't even realize it reached goal. Donated back however long ago and just never read my Gmails.... hell yeah!
Yeah. I think it's been a year. I've only been reading up on this on my phone. Think we are at Update #56. Logged on to kickstarter to make sure I didn't miss any of the goodies. They should be coming "soon"

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Super Sekret "Mutant League" video, will premier at Salt Lake Comic-Con. Yeah..on youtube :p Looks awesome.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I don't even think I got an update from the Kickstarter campaign / email about what was going on with this.

Yeah just checked gmail, the last thing I had from Big Finish or Kickstarter was in November of last year.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I don't even think I got an update from the Kickstarter campaign / email about what was going on with this.

Yeah just checked gmail, the last thing I had from Big Finish or Kickstarter was in November of last year.
Sounds like a Kickstarter problem. Been getting the emails and video updates.

May 7 release iirc

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
hooray!

so many fond memories of playing this series
My favorite FMV series. No idea why that genre just outright disappeared. Seems like it died with Sierra games. Lots of great ones in the 90s. 3D killed the video star? Cheaper to create the actors and just have them voice act I guess?

Anyways, just pre-ordered this, and the Steam deal also gives you Pandora's Directive for free if you do it before the 22nd.

EDIT: Game delayed until May 7th

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
...Lots of great ones in the 90s...
Yeah FMV games in the 90s were awesome.. great time to be a gamer!

Mixing some console and PC titles here, but the list of my favs that I can remember off the top of my head

7th guest
11th hour
Daedalus Encounter
Gabriel Knight Series
Mad Dog McCree
Phantasmagoria
Police Quest: SWAT
Ripper
SpyCraft: The Great Game
Tex Murphy Series
Wing Commander 3

iannis

Musty Nester
Did a search, didn't see it. I had it pointed out to me on Steam. The kickstarter kickstarted and Tex Murphy is coming back at least one more time!

If there was a thread and I didn't see it TOO BAD I ALREADY HIT SUBMIT NEW THREAD.

THE POWER IS MINE.

(It looks amazingly true to the original, art wise. And he used that same sort of live-action capture that they used to use back in the 90's. Tex was p' koo. And it's 20 bucks. Take a look!)