Thailand

Vinen

God is dead
Going to be in Phuket for a couple of days before traveling into Burma. Outside of hookers and ladyboys what is there to see here?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
There's Bangla road in Patong (that's where most tourists end at really, Phuket town is actually a tiny village in the middle of nowhere), which is yet another den of whores. It's not as bad as say Pattaya (tourists in Phuket have more cash to throw around, so it's not as run down and the place looks good for that it is) but yeah, you get the idea. One street of beer bars, gogos and clubs. The ladyboy show is actually half decent and worth watching if you end up there for an evening.

There's people selling tickets every other street corners for tours at James Bond Island, Elephant rides and the likes. The giant buddha isn't bad and from up the hill you get a nice view of most of the island. It's all the usual tourist nonsense but It's something to do if you want something else than sitting at the beach and drink beer. The hotels are pretty nice, they basically rebuilt the entire beach front after the tsunami; they replaced all the rickety cabins on the beach and built hotels instead. You will need to do some driving around if you want to see anything besides whores, so get a taxi and make sure he has A/C, don't skimp on quality of transportation, I know you have the cash.

Read about Phuket tuktuk mafia and stay away from those assclowns.

There might be some hidden gems I havn't seen on the island, I wasn't there long enough to see anything besides what I put above. Overall it's the tropical paradise that got corrupted to hell by tourism. It's beautiful and depressing.

Vinen

God is dead
There's Bangla road in Patong (that's where most tourists end at really, Phuket town is actually a tiny village in the middle of nowhere), which is yet another den of whores. It's not as bad as say Pattaya (tourists in Phuket have more cash to throw around, so it's not as run down and the place looks good for that it is) but yeah, you get the idea. One street of beer bars, gogos and clubs. The ladyboy show is actually half decent and worth watching if you end up there for an evening.

There's people selling tickets every other street corners for tours at James Bond Island, Elephant rides and the likes. The giant buddha isn't bad and from up the hill you get a nice view of most of the island. It's all the usual tourist nonsense but It's something to do if you want something else than sitting at the beach and drink beer. The hotels are pretty nice, they basically rebuilt the entire beach front after the tsunami; they replaced all the rickety cabins on the beach and built hotels instead. You will need to do some driving around if you want to see anything besides whores, so get a taxi and make sure he has A/C, don't skimp on quality of transportation, I know you have the cash.

Read about Phuket tuktuk mafia and stay away from those assclowns.

There might be some hidden gems I havn't seen on the island, I wasn't there long enough to see anything besides what I put above. Overall it's the tropical paradise that got corrupted to hell by tourism. It's beautiful and depressing.
Pretty much what I expected. We plan on hiring a driver while we are there.

spronk

FPS noob
its not too far, if you can make the time i'd head out to angkor wat its an amazing place and you really turn into indiana jones. cambodia is very cool too, thought it was much more interesting than thailand

Vinen

God is dead
its not too far, if you can make the time i'd head out to angkor wat its an amazing place and you really turn into indiana jones. cambodia is very cool too, thought it was much more interesting than thailand
Really wish I could have gotten to Cambodia after seeing the miniature of Ankor Wat at the Palace in Bangkok. Looked pretty awesome.

Bangkok as a whole was a lot more clean that I expected. Pollution wasn't bad at all which was nice... unlike the city my wife is from... poor Shanghai
frown.png

Phuket was HOOKERS EVERYWHERE. I'd thought people were exaggerating but I seriously felt as if I was going to contract an STD by walking along Patong beach.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya, my first experience in Phuket was Patong...... needless to say, anytime someone asks me about Phuket I'm not all that positive about it haha. One of my employees is quitting soon and going to Thailand - I'm annoyed he's leaving but jealous he gets to experience Thailand for the first time. Great fucking country.

Vinen

God is dead
Ya, my first experience in Phuket was Patong...... needless to say, anytime someone asks me about Phuket I'm not all that positive about it haha. One of my employees is quitting soon and going to Thailand - I'm annoyed he's leaving but jealous he gets to experience Thailand for the first time. Great fucking country.
I'm seriously considering buying a condo in one of the luxury high-rises going up along the river in Bangkok. City was everything I loved about Shanghai without the pollution and price.

Thailand is close enough that we can easily visit my wives parents in Shanghai... then again we already have property on the Bund in Shanghai (3 blocks from the river, near the Can Opener)

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sounds like this dude likes chicks with dicks and likes them a lot.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I have to go to Thailand soon for business. We're shutting down an operaton there and they want them told in person. I'm not staying but 1-2 days max. I'm flying in with the owner of the parent company in his personal jet so that helps.

I have no desire to sightsee, anything I need to know to just survive 1 or 2 days in a hotel?

The good news is we're shutting them down and bringing 30 jobs back to the US.

Vinen

God is dead
I have to go to Thailand soon for business. We're shutting down an operaton there and they want them told in person. I'm not staying but 1-2 days max. I'm flying in with the owner of the parent company in his personal jet so that helps.

I have no desire to sightsee, anything I need to know to just survive 1 or 2 days in a hotel?

The good news is we're shutting them down and bringing 30 jobs back to the US.
Where are you going to? If Bangkok or any other major city it's very modern. You can find almost any food you'd like.

Easy as shit to find a hooker if that's your thing too (lol @J49... they are 100% more attractive and not addicted to crack/meth)

Borzak

I guess it's a smaller town somewhere near Bangkok. The only info I have is Prachin Buri, Thailand.

No I'm not looking for a hooker. I'm looking to get in and get out as quickly as possible. Plus I'm traveling with our 85 year old owner assuming he's back from his month long trip to Africa. I'm not sure where we are flying into. I'll have to call the pilot and ask.

When I first met him I thought OK old man whatever. Didn't realise he just got an award for giving $200 million to USC and has an entire department/college named for him there.

Great googling that province shows they have 2 main golf courses. I'm sure the owner will want to play golf. I've already had it out with him over golf. He keeps our Phoenix office open so he has an excuse to fly out there and play on the courses there, it's exactly what he said when I suggested we shut it down. He keeps 4 sets of clubs in a dedicated closet for him to use when he travels to San Antonio and he plays the courses in SA and the hill country.

Vinen

God is dead
I guess it's a smaller town somewhere near Bangkok. The only info I have is Prachin Buri, Thailand.

No I'm not looking for a hooker. I'm looking to get in and get out as quickly as possible. Plus I'm traveling with our 85 year old owner assuming he's back from his month long trip to Africa. I'm not sure where we are flying into. I'll have to call the pilot and ask.

When I first met him I thought OK old man whatever. Didn't realise he just got an award for giving $200 million to USC and has an entire department/college named for him there.

Great googling that province shows they have 2 main golf courses. I'm sure the owner will want to play golf. I've already had it out with him over golf. He keeps our Phoenix office open so he has an excuse to fly out there and play on the courses there, it's exactly what he said when I suggested we shut it down. He keeps 4 sets of clubs in a dedicated closet for him to use when he travels to San Antonio and he plays the courses in SA and the hill country.
haha
smile.png
I was kidding about the hooker. THEY ARE JUST FUCKING EVERYWHERE

That said, if you go outside major cities it will be a little shittier for you to do anything but hide in the hotel unless you thrive in different cultures.

I assume you will be staying in an expensive as fuck hotel given who you are traveling with so I wouldn't be that worried about anything. Suvarnabhumi Airport (assuming this is where he parks his plane... there is another airport in Bangkok too which is smaller) is outside of the city so you should be able to avoid traffic and drive around the city. Its about a 2 hour drive (~132 km) based on Google Maps (not sure if accurate). It's on the same side of the city as Suvarnabhumi so you won't have to deal with city traffic (I assume...)

Borzak

Nope really not interested in anything other than deliverying the news and getting out. We're moving the operation to my hometown, so at least they will be in the same time zone and I speak very fluent coon ass as opposed to none whatever they speak in Thailand. Although the head guy I talk to there speaks decent english, but he either has to work late or I have to come in early to talk about stuff.

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
Headed to Thailand for honeymoon in a few weeks. Heading to Chang mai for 3 days, Bangkok for 3 days then koh samui and koh Tao for 5 days each. We're going to the non touristy (we were told Ibiza, magaluf style) area of the islands. Anyone got any advice on great things to do? And what is the best way to deal with money when there? I'm reading that taking money and exchanging it when there gets you the best rates.

We're looking to spend a day with elephants at some point and do some scuba diving on one of the islands. Any recommendation on spending money - we were thinking ?1000 a week would be enough?

Vinen

God is dead
Headed to Thailand for honeymoon in a few weeks. Heading to Chang mai for 3 days, Bangkok for 3 days then koh samui and koh Tao for 5 days each. We're going to the non touristy (we were told Ibiza, magaluf style) area of the islands. Anyone got any advice on great things to do? And what is the best way to deal with money when there? I'm reading that taking money and exchanging it when there gets you the best rates.

We're looking to spend a day with elephants at some point and do some scuba diving on one of the islands. Any recommendation on spending money - we were thinking ?1000 a week would be enough?
Best rates for exchange are to just use an ATM. I never had any issues with a US based Debt card.
DO NOT USE EXCHANGES. THEY ARE VERY EXPENSIVE.

1000 EURO (~37,000 bhat) is more than enough for a week in Thailand if you avoid hardcore tourist stuff. (AKA: Take pictures with every fucking Tiger in Tiger abuse Kingdom in Phuket. Noting that this only set my wife and I back 200). I have no idea on the cost of Scuba diving but it looked cheap. (I get vertigo looking down in water... fuck yeah fear of heights)

It will be a little rougher if that 1000 EURO includes hotels unless you want to stay in a hooker-den.

PS: Every area is hookery and touristy on those islands.
PPS: Yes, I am serious. Thailand should be renamed Hookerland